PDA

View Full Version : Blood Creek RC3 is dying

Rambo
December 24th, 2009, 08:19 AM
I hate to say this, guys, but Blood Creek RC3 is dying. We've come so far and yet, with so little to do left, nobody with quality knowledge and capability is helping. GRUNTS refuses to do it all and Advancebo, though he's helping occasionally, cannot do it all.

What's left to complete in a nutshell:

The Underground

Finish putting crystals in the walls and from the ceiling

Straighten up the lake so it's not so delapitated looking

Add more variety to stlagtites hanging from the ceiling

Finish the beach leading towards Big Blue Cave and add a house on the shore

Miscellaneous clean-ups and bug-fixes to the underground

The Campus

Fix major UVW errors in the back end of the campus

Fill in a lot of the empty space with buildings (Thunderbolt, where are you when we need you?)

Construct more dorm buildings (we have over 40 people waiting for a dorm)

Miscellaneous clean-up work

As for the dorm campus, I have actual footage from my apartment complex that we can use as a reference for how I'd like this to look, in general. Regarding the underground, the list pretty much speaks for itself.

PLEASE help keep this project alive, because I cannot do it without the help of experienced people. You all know why. I was trying to release a Christmas beta of the campus, but since nobody's helping, it looks as though that will not happen. This map was slated for a Christmas release. However, with such little help, that also won't happen.

HELP KEEP BLOOD CREEK RC3 ALIVE!!! If interested, add me on Xfire (guardian2433) with a decent request message and NOT the standard, "Add me to your contact list" request. If anyone adds me without entering a valid, decent message in the request field, I will not accept. You can also leave a PM here and I'll answer it, though I do not check the forums as often as I should.

blind
December 24th, 2009, 10:26 AM
what is blood creek rc3?

BobtheGreatII
December 24th, 2009, 11:07 AM
what is blood creek rc3?

This.

Got pics or something? What's going on?

Hotrod
December 24th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Oh, I've heard of Blood Creek before. Not exactly too too sure what it is, but it does look pretty sick from the video's I've seen.

Inferno
December 24th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Isn't it a modern weapons mod or something...

Rambo
December 24th, 2009, 02:28 PM
It's a map with modern weapons and it's an all-purpose map. It's not just a mod. It caters to the gameplay community, as well as the RP and machinima community.

Yes I can post some screenshots.

Ganon
December 24th, 2009, 03:36 PM
I hate to say this, guys, but Blood Creek RC3 is dying.

>:[

malolo420
December 24th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Isn't 3 or 4 years enough for this mod?

Rambo
December 24th, 2009, 07:53 PM
This was to be the last "installment" in the series. Then I was going to move on to other things.

Why do people keep calling it a "mod"? It's a map. A mod is some cheesy Blod Gulch variant with stuff crammed into it. This is way more.

Inferno
December 24th, 2009, 08:22 PM
This was to be the last "installment" in the series. Then I was going to move on to other things.

Why do people keep calling it a "mod"? It's a map. A mod is some cheesy Blod Gulch variant with stuff crammed into it. This is way more.

A map is just a new map with the standard weapon set and tag set.

A mod has custom content other than the map itself.

t3h m00kz
December 25th, 2009, 04:55 AM
Well, really when someone says map, I think a .map file, weather the weapon set or bsp be modded or not.

Rambo
December 25th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Yes, but the map isn't standard. We modded that even. This isn't just Blood Gulch with custom content. We literally modified the BSP and added in new areas, such as an underground and the dorms, as well as new bases and we even changed the cave structures a bit and mirrored it where the ridge used to be.

Like I said, it's not a mod.

m13120
December 25th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Yes I can post some screenshots.

So can we see some? I'm very curious to see what exactly this map is.

ShadowSpartan
December 25th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Yes, but the map isn't standard. We modded that even. This isn't just Blood Gulch with custom content. We literally modified the BSP and added in new areas, such as an underground and the dorms, as well as new bases and we even changed the cave structures a bit and mirrored it where the ridge used to be.

Like I said, it's not a mod.
You modified the Blood Gulch bsp, so yes it is a mod.

Asking for help with something you have showed absolutely no pictures of is kind of stupid. Nobody will want to help unless you actually have progress to show, and even so, hasn't this project died multiple times so far (you begging for help with OS or else the project would die :rolleyes:)?

Inferno
December 25th, 2009, 11:13 AM
LOAWL!

Stop trole'n the poor kid shadow. He hasn't done anything wrong yet.

I've seen the mod it's not terrible but it looks like lots of rips from COD4 or CS or something.

edit-
Shadow told me to edit my post cause he ain't no trole.

Kalub
December 25th, 2009, 12:16 PM
the only trole here is cn numbers

I still have no idea what this super secret mod is about, but it sounds cute.

Spartan094
December 26th, 2009, 02:33 AM
I've seen the mod it's not terrible but it looks like lots of rips from COD4 or CS or something.
Wait what, I thought they got rid of the cod4 rips since over the summer since all I heard was it was a placeholder.

Don't remember an CS weapons in it other then most cod4 weapons with hayabusa's animations. Not the most fantastic animations if you seen them except for a few. Needs updates.

It isn't half bad at all either.

supersniper
December 26th, 2009, 02:54 AM
... i remember when this first came out and I was like oh look another bloodgulch mod back at halomaps. Oh did the noobs bash me then and lol i bet they'd still bash me now

dude the first one was just a bunch of mix-matched bsp's and random weapons.
what makes this one "dieing" worthy.

Heathen
December 26th, 2009, 03:12 AM
Shadow told me to edit my post cause he ain't no trole.

Lol :realsmug:

anyways, I would really care for some pictures, and honestly, a dieing mod on a dieing game? :ugh:

I guess you can move onto other things early now :]

SnaFuBAR
December 26th, 2009, 04:12 AM
so... bsp's edited into blood gulch's bsp... with ripped weapons from modern warfare?

so this mod is dying even though the majority of the work wasn't even produced by you? over how many years? really??

t3h m00kz
December 26th, 2009, 04:41 AM
http://www.xfire.com/video/79ff3/ This is the map for those who wanted screenshots or footage.

supersniper
December 26th, 2009, 05:17 AM
... so the danger canyon bsp inside bloodgulch bsp?

1bobsam1
December 26th, 2009, 09:46 AM
The map should be out by now, but it's not obviously, I wish i could help but I can't. D:<

sleepy1212
December 26th, 2009, 10:45 AM
ooo i think i remember this now...this is the one with an underground river, mushroom sniper towers, and an inside area with a zillion rooms and cafeteria and bathrooms amirite?

Kalub
December 26th, 2009, 10:55 AM
No.

t3h m00kz
December 26th, 2009, 10:59 PM
It's the one with the whole day/night system and the modern weapons.

sleepy1212
December 26th, 2009, 11:17 PM
hrm it had day and night because some rpg fag kept telling me to go to sleep when it was dark and i shot him.

E: blood creek rc2

Rambo
December 27th, 2009, 04:49 PM
OK. The underground is being redone. The dorms are all custom content. The map itself above ground has been highly edited. I will show screenshots shortly.

Sorry I haven't kept up on the replies. I was at home relaxing with the family over Christmas and also the site was down.

Rambo
December 28th, 2009, 02:46 AM
Yes, but what you're failing to recognize is the map *IS* custom! We've made so many changes to the stock BSP that it hardly represents the original work, not to mention a kickass campus behind the cliffs (which we are going to release as a standalone map this New Year's Eve, if all goes as planned). JHP is texturing it and some buddies and I are fixing the errors.

You will see some product soon, OK guys? I'm not going to hold back any longer.

Ganon
December 28th, 2009, 02:52 AM
Yes, but what you're failing to recognize is the map *IS* custom

We've made so many changes to the stock BSP
original work
kickass
You will see some product soon
Blood Creek RC3 is dyinglol

Rambo
December 28th, 2009, 03:20 AM
OK well help sprung up out of nowhere.

What the other guys were saying was the previous release candidate. This is a part of RC3. RC2 had the mushroom towers and stuff. RC3 is a whole new gem with lots more features and better content.

EDIT: MmKay. All the bugs and kinks in the first internal build of the to-be-released public beta have been worked out. Provided we can sidestep more issues during the final builds that will lead up to the beta, it'll be good.

We had a slew of errors that were open edges and some pesky overlapping surfaces, but they're toast now. Thank you Moses and Advancebo. :D

So we're on track and I have a private build in-game right now. I'm just lighting up the buildings with debug lights and then JHP and I will test.

Con
December 28th, 2009, 12:18 PM
I watched some of your xfire videos of the map, this looks really promising. I'm not sure why you used those gradient planes to accomplish your day/night cycle transition though. There are far better ways of doing it.

Rambo
December 28th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Well, erm...um.. If someone could please give me a tag_groups.map with a working uplink function for the Lightmaps and a working DLL that supports the Lightmap switching, I could make a much better day-night system with a real set of skies. Right now, I'm limited to 16 BSPs with a device for sun and for sky so it looks smoother and less "snappy". The lightmaps get transitioned via the BSP switches. The only reason I'm using an external sun lens flare is so that it has permutations as it rises and therefore changes colors, whereas the stock built-in sun, even though it can animate, is always a single color.

I need a programmer to help cough up a working DLL with working Lightmap integration into a tag_groups.map file for Open Sauce #2 please.

ShadowSpartan
December 28th, 2009, 01:08 PM
I need a programmer to help cough up a working DLL with working Lightmap integration into a tag_groups.map file for Open Sauce #2 please.
Oh yes, because it is that easy after all. :rolleyes: Did you completely forget about the discussion we had before on this subject?

Also, if you use the OS HEK tools you can compile a map with 32 bsps and they will run fine without using OS.

Rambo
December 28th, 2009, 04:56 PM
OK thanks for the tidbit. It just would save space if we had lightmap only bitmaps rather than complete lightmap + model data mirrored 32 times.

I'm worried about the lazy ones that don't wanna wait three hours to download a 300 MB map.

Hunter
December 28th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Fuck the lazy people...

Con
December 28th, 2009, 07:37 PM
The only reason I'm using an external sun lens flare is so that it has permutations as it rises and therefore changes colors, whereas the stock built-in sun, even though it can animate, is always a single color.

The lens flare without tint can just brighten up the sky colour around it. I would give the sky dome an animated scrolling texture with a highlight on it that matched the position of the sun as it moved around the sky. This way, the sky would always be brighter where the sun is and darker near the opposite side. On a secondary scrolling texture you would have a set of colours blending into each other. This map would multiply onto the previous map to change the colour of the sky throughout the stages of the day. Furthermore, you could do something similar with an animated mask on your repeating stars texture to make the stars visible at night. It's all just fancy shader work, so the only thing you would have to do is sync the 16 lightmaps with the sky.

edit: I may attempt this in my custom sky tutorial

Rambo
December 28th, 2009, 11:07 PM
By that I meant the actual lens flare of the sun, not the sky around it.

All sky lens flares are white by default. Cannot change the halo around it or the glow.

But if you make a lens flare like off a landing beacon and enlarge it enough, presto! You can interpolate the colors as you see fit via permutations as the sun rises and sets.

t3h m00kz
December 28th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Fuck the lazy people...

sorry but there's no way in hell I'm downloading a fucking 300 megabyte Halo map

I don't care if it contain's the secrets of life or instructions on how to get infinite bitches, 300 megs is rediculous

Hunter
December 29th, 2009, 10:26 AM
sorry but there's no way in hell I'm downloading a fucking 300 megabyte Halo map

I don't care if it contain's the secrets of life or instructions on how to get infinite bitches, 300 megs is rediculous

Why not? it isnt that big. Dammit. Lol. Firefox supports stopping downloads and continuing.

EX12693
December 29th, 2009, 02:41 PM
300 megs? Meh. Won't take that long. It'll be a nice addition to the 14.3 gigs I already have in my maps folder. Plus the stuff in my backup folder.

t3h m00kz
December 29th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Well okay I may download it to play it for a few days but after that there's no way I'd keep it. 300 megs was the size of the UT2004 demo, a single multiplayer map on a dying game is not worth that much space.

Plus my hard drive partition where I store games is getting really full since that steam sale

Donut
December 29th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Firefox supports stopping downloads and continuing.
unless of course mooks doesnt have firefox... is it true mooks? youre an furry AND you use IE? :saddowns:

t3h m00kz
December 29th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Chrome, bitches

and Firefox for some things

Hunter
December 29th, 2009, 08:31 PM
:fflove:

Heathen
December 29th, 2009, 08:44 PM
someone make that for gc

Inferno
December 30th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Google Crap?

Firefox.

Heathen
December 30th, 2009, 01:30 AM
No, its what you like inferno. good cock.

Lateksi
December 30th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Chrome is like ten times faster than Firefox for me.
Also, what's with all the rooms in Blood Creek?

Inferno
December 30th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Chrome is like ten times faster than Firefox for me.
Also, what's with all the rooms in Blood Creek?

RPG Fags.

Because a shooter makes a good online role playing game?

Ganon
December 30th, 2009, 02:14 PM
role playing?

I get to be the princess

t3h m00kz
December 30th, 2009, 03:31 PM
I'll be the inevitable McDonalds cashier behind the barricade on the top of the garage in Chronopolis

Rambo
December 31st, 2009, 03:34 AM
Well, today's the big day, guys. At Midnight tonight, provided all goes well, we'll release the appetizer build of the campus.

EDIT: OK, the time has come. It is almost ready. The texturing is finished, although some of it is still a bit awkward looking (sidewalks mainly).

We put lights in the buildings so you all can see and portaled the buildings a good deal so that the interiors would be broken up a bit more performance wise. I'm running Lightmaps right now and then the last step is setting up the game types.

The map will have a few small glitches so be prepared. As I stated before, this is an appetizer build only!!! It is not a full-blown beta.

t3h m00kz
January 1st, 2010, 06:33 AM
hurry up dawg I want a Halo PC-ified P90 already

Rambo
January 1st, 2010, 02:33 PM
OK all that's left is Lightmaps and setting gametypes up.

Moses and I were up until almost 5:30 this morning, correcting erors in stuff we had to drop for the sake of the release. It was the railings in the walls leading up the stairs in Building 35, so we took them out. There's only one railing now to prevent you from falling down the stairs and getting hurt in-game.

the lighting is still very dark in spots indoors and I'm trying to work on it, mainly in the dorms. Once this is corrected I'm going to set up the gametypes and release.

blind
January 1st, 2010, 03:43 PM
No offense but you're taking thismucho seriouso

t3h m00kz
January 1st, 2010, 05:52 PM
someone's drunk

Rambo
January 1st, 2010, 06:06 PM
OK guys I've uploaded the map. I'm having trouble uploading to FileFront and Megaupload, so just wait for it on Halomaps.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Inferno
January 1st, 2010, 07:59 PM
I can upload it to my FTP. Send it to me on xfire.

xfire: wankzta
aim: infernoxpyro

supersniper
January 1st, 2010, 10:04 PM
lol this map still makes me lol

Rambo
January 1st, 2010, 10:44 PM
OK here it is guys.

http://www.filefront.com/15269633/blood_creek_campus_pb1.7z/

ASPWolf
January 1st, 2010, 10:45 PM
Woot :D

ThePlague
January 2nd, 2010, 01:08 AM
Here's another link for you. (http://johnflasser.scifi-frontier.com/blood_creek_campus_pb1.7z)

t3h m00kz
January 2nd, 2010, 02:39 AM
The buildings are kinda big don't you think?

AAA
January 2nd, 2010, 02:39 AM
Nice touch on doors and windows opening automatically. Why so urgent to finish? No offense.

Rambo
January 2nd, 2010, 10:21 AM
The dorm buildings are perfect size, considering there's going to be eight dorms and something special per dorm building. 35 will have 8 dorms, a storage closet / boiler room, and a bar / theater basement.

Advancebo made the doors on the exterior of the buildings and I placed them and set them up. My plan was to originally have the openable by switch and have it sync across the net, but I ran out of time.

I'm eager to finish the map because I want to move on and am tired of lingering in one project. I still have Silent Cartographer to finish and then a movie to film.

StankBacon
January 2nd, 2010, 02:29 PM
so uh, someone post some screens.

EX12693
January 2nd, 2010, 03:08 PM
So there is no part of the original blood creek left?

CrAsHOvErRide
January 2nd, 2010, 06:13 PM
Let me put it this way...I expected worse when downloading. I like the new sound effect.

But...

...are you serious? The rooms are definitely too big...
...gay announcer voice. Yours?

Otherwise it's quite ok but not really a map yet.

Rambo
January 2nd, 2010, 07:10 PM
Announcer voice? I was attempting something dark sounding. Sorry. I'll have to work on it.

As for the rooms, I don't think you understand. From Halo's perspective, the jump is quite high. Any "normal" sized room you'd hit your head on the ceiling in less-than two seconds flat.

I still don't see where you're coming from.

Hey. Thanks for the complement on the sounds. It's my profession. It's what I do and part of who I am.

Advancebo
January 2nd, 2010, 07:14 PM
So there is no part of the original blood creek left?

Rambo wanted the role playing half to be released first. Since the gameplay area isnt quite done.

Inferno
January 2nd, 2010, 08:29 PM
Rambo wanted the role playing half to be released first. Since the gameplay area isnt quite done.

LOL.

Guys let's pretend to play a game in a game!

Dwood
January 2nd, 2010, 09:48 PM
LOL.

Guys let's pretend to play a game in a game!

More people rp in halo ce online than play it the way you do.

Con
January 2nd, 2010, 09:53 PM
Why do people have such a problem with role playing? It's just another way to use the game, just like stunts or zombies. Not everyone plays competitively, and they shouldn't be ridiculed for not doing so.

EX12693
January 2nd, 2010, 11:34 PM
Inferno cannot comprehend what you're saying. Sorry.

Ganon
January 3rd, 2010, 05:32 AM
Why do people have such a problem with role playing?

Because it's gay
Not everyone plays competitively, and they shouldn't be ridiculed for not doing so. I'd make up a pretty beastly analogy for this, but I'll just quote myself from a previous statement:

Because it's gay

More people rp in halo ce online than play it the way you do.Completely untrue but I admire you trying

As for the map:

When I was done playing barbie's magical playhouse on it, and I comment for this build as well as others I've actually bothered to play in the past, the gameplay factor in this map is poor and doesn't stand out from any other extremely edited stock modification. If anything it seems more like a demo of various things.

Inferno
January 3rd, 2010, 01:58 PM
Because if I wanted to pretend to have home in a video game I would just.... Oh wait I have a real life?

Or I would just go play the Sims.

e-

Zombies is cool but generally L4D is better.

EX12693
January 3rd, 2010, 02:00 PM
Rp sucks. Competitive play is where it's at.

Kalub
January 3rd, 2010, 02:07 PM
ITT RP, and how it's gay.

kid908
January 3rd, 2010, 05:31 PM
ITT RP, and how it's gay.

would your opinion differ if it was in bed with a girl?:eng101:

n00b1n8R
January 3rd, 2010, 06:39 PM
Anybody who could mistake halo as a serious competitive game has never had to play with a ping >100. :lmao:

ps. just because you're all unimaginative scrubs who need everything you do to be set in rules does not mean it applies to everyone, hth~

Rambo
January 3rd, 2010, 07:04 PM
I hope not me. I try to be creative in what I do and offer the most potential for creativity. This beta was just a quickie to show what's been done. It's more catered to gameplay than RP. The next one will be more RP-friendly.

=sw=warlord
January 3rd, 2010, 07:10 PM
I hope not me. I try to be creative in what I do and offer the most potential for creativity. This beta was just a quickie to show what's been done. It's more catered to gameplay than RP. The next one will be more RP-friendly.
Here's a suggestion, instead of making countless betas how about you make one final decent build?

Kalub
January 3rd, 2010, 07:44 PM
would your opinion differ if it was in bed with a girl?:eng101:

Find me a female that is a normal female that doesn't yiff, or OMIGOSH ANIMES, or anything like that... and maybe it would. However, until then RP is gay.

:v:

Roostervier
January 3rd, 2010, 08:12 PM
Here's a suggestion, instead of making countless bet'as how about you make one final decent build?
hahahaha

Rambo
January 4th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Here's a suggestion, instead of making countless bet'as how about you make one final decent build?
Well what do ya want? I was told it would be a good idea to release a beta of the campus. And what do you mean by "countless beta's" anyway? RC1 and RC2 were RELEASE CANDIDATES, as in complete works. This is the first beta I've released of Blood Creek RC3, and it's more an appetizer build because the main Blood Creek portion isn't quite ready for testing yet.

The whole purpose of this release was to show a part of what's been done. As I said, it's an appetizer; it's not the main course. It's a work-in-progress beta of the campus in its current state with weapons thrown in for gameplay's sake so people don't get bored in five minutes flat.

I said it once and I'll say it again. What do you guys want? I released a beta because I was told it was a good idea to do so and now you're trying to tell me otherwise. Which is it? It can only be one or the other, not both.

ThePlague from Sigma was the one that suggested I make the release because I felt the project was dying and it might help to see where we stood in things. Besides, it's been almost two years now since RC2's release.

=sw=warlord
January 4th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Well what do ya want? I was told it would be a good idea to release a beta of the campus. And what do you mean by "countless beta's" anyway? RC1 and RC2 were RELEASE CANDIDATES, as in complete works. This is the first beta I've released of Blood Creek RC3, and it's more an appetizer build because the main Blood Creek portion isn't quite ready for testing yet.

Why would you release multiple candidates of the same map?
Surely video's and screenshots should be more than enough to have people interested.
You feed too many appetizers and no one will want the full course.
Fuck even windows seven didn't have this many release candidates.

teh lag
January 4th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Besides, it's been almost two years now since RC2's release.

I don't think there is harm in putting something together 2 years after the previous one. He doesn't seem to be "making countless betas". Yeah okay, if you're putting out a new beta every week for a project like this that's a bit much - that's not what's happening though and I really don't see why you have such a problem with it.

Dwood
January 4th, 2010, 03:06 PM
No different than the yoyow v2 betas imho.

sevlag
January 5th, 2010, 06:35 AM
No different than the yoyow v2 betas imho.
yeah, but those betas were to mostly bug test and what not, if you look at the PLAYABLE ones, i think there are only like 5

n00b1n8R
January 5th, 2010, 05:46 PM
I don't think there is harm in putting something together 2 years after the previous one. He doesn't seem to be "making countless betas". Yeah okay, if you're putting out a new beta every week for a project like this that's a bit much - that's not what's happening though and I really don't see why you have such a problem with it.
Because it's not designed for the MLG PLAYAS amongst us to pwn scrubs and BK's on so it's not worth the data used in this thread.

obv

OpsY
January 7th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Apart from the bitching, how does the gameplay do so far?

supersniper
January 7th, 2010, 09:35 AM
... the maps to big for gameplay :/