PDA

View Full Version : Halo PC/CE Multiplayer Issues

Chozenzzz
December 28th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Ive been having this wierd issue with halo and multiplayer on both CE and PC.

The game is patched to 1.9xx and it runs at 600+ fps and i have FIOS at 25mb download and 25mb upload. All my other games online play great, and i have no warping problems, connection issues, and wierd crashes.

But i jump on halo and right around 30 seconds to 1 minute I just loose connection randomly on every server, even 33 ping servers.

I have Vista 64bit Ultimate Installed,
All my drivers are up to date,
And I still get the problem in halo only, I still play halo because the game is fun as hell :).

So if you guys have any fixes, flags on shortcuts(could maybe fix this problem), and any other recommendations then post them up :).

Sincere,
Chosen :D.

jcap
December 28th, 2009, 07:15 PM
What kind of antivirus software do you have? I've run into similar issues with certain programs when using the Internet.

Jelly
December 28th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Might be related to your multicore processor. When halo launches, open task manager and set the process affinity to only use 1 core.

Chozenzzz
December 28th, 2009, 07:53 PM
What kind of antivirus software do you have? I've run into similar issues with certain programs when using the Internet.

No antivirus and i tried my firewall off and on and yet no affect

supersniper
December 28th, 2009, 07:54 PM
well something is blocking the connection?
your router maybe?

Chozenzzz
December 28th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Might be related to your multicore processor. When halo launches, open task manager and set the process affinity to only use 1 core.

No affect just screwed me in the middle of a 3sk ontop of my base at about the same time it ussualy crashes. Lols

Dwood
December 29th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Open ports in router?

Vicky
December 29th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Or check if it has an adaptive firewall.. strange that it only happens with halo though.

Limited
December 29th, 2009, 01:23 PM
What happens if you join your OWN server (either LAN or Internet)?

Tell us if you lose connection to that. Also, do you tab out when you lose connection, or does it happen no matter what you do.

Jelly
December 31st, 2009, 11:55 AM
Are you playing over wireless? Try changing the channel of your network.