PDA

View Full Version : Error? Or is it really like this?

Rook
January 6th, 2010, 12:35 AM
Never bought halo 2 due to all the shitty stuff I've heard about it, however someone who no longer plays gave me their key. Downloaded the game and it installed fine, however, after logging into my live account and searching for a game it'll say searching and never bring up another message. Is there really no servers at all or is something borked?

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/4229/halo2jb.jpg

Heathen
January 6th, 2010, 01:04 AM
I would guess its working.

CodeBrain
January 6th, 2010, 02:12 AM
Halo 2 Vista has a buggy (or rather, laggy) server browser. Sometimes it doesn't show anything at all, but sometimes it shows all the servers. You just gotta keep on checking.

The only reason it's doing that is because some hackers found an exploit that made the server browser buggy.

supersniper
January 6th, 2010, 02:49 AM
lol false, that's just an issue with games for windows live connections.

I made a whole post about it here (http://forums.gamesforwindows.com/p/9786/89453.aspx#89453). I doubt gfwl will fix it but that's the source of the problem.

no hacker...

Inferno
January 6th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Lol. Who plays H2V? 12 year olds?

I'm going to lay it straight for you. The only game you will play on H2V online is coagulation with swords and smgs. And all vehicles on map.

edit-

Or 20snipers. Which gets old after you beat all the 9 year olds 5 games in a row.

Rook
January 6th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Lol. Who plays H2V? 12 year olds?

I'm going to lay it straight for you. The only game you will play on H2V online is coagulation with swords and smgs. And all vehicles on map.

edit-

Or 20snipers. Which gets old after you beat all the 9 year olds 5 games in a row.

*directs argument to ce*

Either way I tried earlier and it did load the broweer, didn't play any of the games you described though. It was lockout team slayer with regular weapons on map then zanzibar same setup.

Considering my system surpasses recommended specs it shouldn't be choppy like it is, take so long to load, or the game suck so bad in general etc. Now that I've actually played I can't seem to understand how they dropped the ball so hard making the game.

Vicky
January 6th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Till you've seen all the (speed)hackers...

Inferno
January 6th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Till you've seen all the (speed)hackers...

Guiz! GUIZZZ!!! I suck at life so I'm going to cheat a video game! I WILL BE SO COOL!

supersniper
January 7th, 2010, 01:25 AM
lol the reason why h2v has so many hacks is because unlike halo pc/ce
it's all client sided... where as halo pc/ce is all server sided.

Inferno
January 7th, 2010, 02:33 PM
lol the reason why h2v has so many hacks is because unlike halo pc/ce
it's all client sided... where as halo pc/ce is all server sided.

Because hired shit studio or whatever doesn't know how to develop a game port of a game that like 5 years old.

I could have done a better job than them.

edit-

Now that I think of it what the FUCK took them so long to develop this game anyways? It has absolutely no new content at all besides the 2 maps. Hell they probably spent all there time locking the EK.