PDA

View Full Version : Vista/MAX compatability

mined
April 23rd, 2007, 03:59 PM
Hey everyone,

I did a quick run through with the forum search feature to see if anything had been mentioned about 3ds Max's compatibility with Vista. I didn't see anything concerning this, so I'm wondering, has anyone heard about what is going to be done about it? Does anyone know if Autodesk is going to oblige Microsoft with either a Max 9 update or a Max 10 anytime close to H2V's release?

I know that MAX 9 can be run on Vista with some minor adjustments to the properties, but it breaks down on a streamlined map editing experience. Has anyone else dealt with this yet? If, so how have you overcome the problem?

Kornman00
April 24th, 2007, 05:11 AM
It should work as long as you right click on the shortcut, click properties, go to the compatibility tab, and check disable desktop composition...

TheGhost
April 24th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Yes, definitely do that, and I also run it in Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode, but I don't think you need to do that. I'm assuming that since Halo 2 was developped with Max 8 that it will be the standard, but they will probably have exporters for other versions of Max and maybe some other third party software as well.

mined
April 24th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Thanks you two. I have not had a chance to try MAX out on Vista since my subscription expired before I installed the new OS. I wanted to make sure I had everything straightened out before I put more money on MAX since it is a yearly thing for me. I take it there is no real sacrifice to MAX if the desktop graphics are disabled...is there any issues with having Photoshop and MAX open simultaneously with the desktop adjustments?