PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Zanzibar's return to Halo 3!

TIA Gangsta
April 23rd, 2007, 04:21 PM
There was actually some rumours of Zanzibar returning for Halo 3, since a map which looked very similar to Zanzibar was seen in the latest Halo 3 ViDoc.
Some just said it may have been "ripped" from Halo 2, to just test the weapons (etc). Personally, I didn't believe it's making a return, since I remember 1up saying the map High Ground is a re-make of Zanzibar...which I thought was true.

Well...apparently not...as this LEAKED video shows:

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=59795

It's a BETA build of the game, being played on a map called "Last Resort", and looking at the footage, it definately IS a re-make of Zanzibar (woohoo!). Looks like a little taster of what some of you may be playing next month...

Looking at this amazing footage of the new Zanzibar, it's reassured me Bungie are definately on the right track. Everything to the side-wall paths to the giant generator room seems an excellect idea to improve gameplay.

Notice how the shield pulses red when it's down, and the Bubble Shield can be entered/exited by others, but keeps bullets and grenades outside the bubble.

Thanks to a few Halo fans at Bungie Forums for finding/posting this video!

EDIT: Forgot to put in this topic about another rumour, still uncomfirmed, but realistic.
This link reveals an article claiming Halo 3 to be supporting 1080p and running at 60fps...=O
http://www.playthree.net/2007/04/halo-3-to-support-true-not-upscaled.html

True or false? It isn't known at the moment...let's just hope it's true. It is Microsoft's flagship game, so it would make sense to make it as good as it can be.

Again, thanks to another fan at Bungie Forums for finding/posting the article.

Patrickssj6
April 23rd, 2007, 04:32 PM
0.o

FireDragon04
April 23rd, 2007, 04:33 PM
looks sweet, i meen WOW! look at the scale of it. Trying to get hold of the extended HD version people are talking about atm. :XD:

Saggy
April 23rd, 2007, 04:37 PM
To bad this won't be in the public beta...

TIA Gangsta
April 23rd, 2007, 04:39 PM
looks sweet, i meen WOW! look at the scale of it. Trying to get hold of the extended HD version people are talking about atm. :XD:

Yeah, that's another thing that's been going around...Rumours about Halo 3 being able to support 1080p, with the release of the new Xbox 360 Elite.
It was posted on some website, but nobody else had heard about it, so at the moment it's just a rumour...But Halo IS Microsoft's flagship game, so it would make sense to make it as good as it can be. 1080p sounds good...

Edited the first post.

Patrickssj6
April 23rd, 2007, 04:49 PM
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13090/Xbox-360-Elite-to-be-Announced-on-Wednesday/

FireDragon04
April 23rd, 2007, 05:02 PM
This video is available in HD and 7mins long, you can see alot more, including portable grav lifts, detachable turrets and stuff, i'd post the link but i duno if its 'allowed'.

TIA Gangsta
April 23rd, 2007, 05:13 PM
This video is available in HD and 7mins long, you can see alot more, including portable grav lifts, detachable turrets and stuff, i'd post the link but i duno if its 'allowed'.

You mean the ViDoc...? Yeah, that's old...and NOT leaked, it was released by Bungie themselves.
This is a leaked video, from some random guy who got to play the Beta early (with some dodgy "My friend works at Microsoft" excuse), and set in a map nobody's ever seen before.

Zeph
April 23rd, 2007, 05:16 PM
As long as the source video itself is not hosted on h2v.net I dont see a problem with linking to it.

Saggy
April 23rd, 2007, 05:17 PM
You mean the ViDoc...? Yeah, that's old...and NOT leaked, it was released by Bungie themselves.
This is a leaked video, from some random guy who got to play the Beta early (with some dodgy "My friend works at Microsoft" excuse), and set in a map nobody's ever seen before.
No there actually is a longer, HD version of the Zanzibar leak and I'm downloading it right now.

It's a massive 308MB .mpg video.

Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W1LJHPT5

FireDragon04
April 23rd, 2007, 05:27 PM
No there actually is a longer, HD version of the Zanzibar leak and I'm downloading it right now.

REP ME!

LAWL. But yea, thats what i was getting at, just didn't want to post link [insert image of jesus dying here].

Snowy
April 23rd, 2007, 05:39 PM
I'm getting a slow download from MegaUpload... 135-150 KB/sec :/

Xetsuei
April 23rd, 2007, 05:40 PM
Odd. I'm getting 400-500kb/s. Must be your connection.

Patrickssj6
April 23rd, 2007, 05:41 PM
I'm getting a slow download from MegaUpload... 135-150 KB/sec :/

It's slow I'm downloading at 60kb.1 hour to go:)

oh yeah rep firedragon and me for digging out the link(well he did it but you guys love me right?):p

Snowy
April 23rd, 2007, 06:06 PM
Anybody know where I can get the codec to watch this? None of my media players will open it.

FireDragon04
April 23rd, 2007, 06:09 PM
Anybody know where I can get the codec to watch this? None of my media players will open it.
use real player i was able to watch some of it in there. But im still downloading. I also have DivX installed, so DivX + Real Player= play video! ;)

Emmzee
April 23rd, 2007, 06:13 PM
Awesome!

Snowy
April 23rd, 2007, 06:18 PM
use real player i was able to watch some of it in there. But im still downloading. I also have DivX installed, so DivX + Real Player= play video! ;)

Already tried it in both of them

FireDragon04
April 23rd, 2007, 06:22 PM
Can't be bothered to wait?
Want to see high quality screen shots?
Well hop over to HERE (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6177961&postcount=552)
And see some great shots NOW!

Neuro Guro
April 23rd, 2007, 06:30 PM
Im love'n it!

AceParty
April 23rd, 2007, 06:36 PM
completely amazing

DaneO'Roo
April 23rd, 2007, 06:36 PM
FUCK YES THAT LOOKS HOT

Atty
April 23rd, 2007, 06:38 PM
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7646/halo3betazanzibarremakegt3.jpg
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/8181/halo3betazanzibarremakefo6.jpg

o i c u

IPBJT!
April 23rd, 2007, 06:40 PM
Awesome, though it's no big surprise considering Zanzibar is almost everyone's favorite map in Halo 2.

Atty
April 23rd, 2007, 06:51 PM
I'm a little amazed at how much work they've done on it. I don't know if anyone else has seen the 8 minute SD footage but it's huge. A lot is there that wasn't there, it looks like a blast.

The current effect for the sniper scope is :awesome:.

IPBJT!
April 23rd, 2007, 07:45 PM
I like the hud effect when you spawn. Instead of having the hud on when you spawn it look like it activate now.

JDMFSeanP
April 23rd, 2007, 08:14 PM
Tahts the one I played, its my favorite Halo 3 map out of the four beta maps.

Saggy
April 23rd, 2007, 08:21 PM
I'm sure you played it...

InnerGoat
April 23rd, 2007, 08:31 PM

Whats your tag? I might have played you allready

Kornman00
April 23rd, 2007, 08:56 PM
Earlier today, Bungie announced that if CMT tried to remake any of this, they would never ship Halo3. Ever. And they would C&D their family and livez and be executed once Jason Jones is Head of World-State
Oh great :/

Zeph
April 23rd, 2007, 09:09 PM
wow, what an idiot. he didn't blank out the names of the people he killed or were killed.

Bossniak
April 23rd, 2007, 09:16 PM
wow, what an idiot. he didn't blank out the names of the people he killed or were killed.

:lol: You noticed that too eh?

Atty
April 23rd, 2007, 09:20 PM
Oh great :/I wonder if I'll get my money back for the pre-order? :(

Boba
April 23rd, 2007, 09:20 PM
I hate the look of the ammo hud (the top doesn't have a background; looks plain).

JDMFSeanP
April 23rd, 2007, 10:35 PM
I'm sure you played it...

Don't be an idiot. I have a whole thread about it in CMT forums, but you prolly don't have enough privileges to get there.

Innergoat I was on my friends account, if you can get into CMT its all in there.

Neuro Guro
April 24th, 2007, 05:27 AM
Can someone who still has the video upload it somewhere? Torrent file if possable.

Kornman00
April 24th, 2007, 05:38 AM
No, :gtfo:nigger

Saggy
April 24th, 2007, 06:22 AM
Don't be an idiot. I have a whole thread about it in CMT forums, but you prolly don't have enough privileges to get there.

Innergoat I was on my friends account, if you can get into CMT its all in there.
I'm sorry I was being an "idiot" to you, it's just that I did not see any proof. Most people like to lie and say that they played Halo 3 early to sound "cool".

Reaper Man
April 24th, 2007, 06:57 AM

The dll has been removed D:

rossmum
April 24th, 2007, 07:29 AM
HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

That's awesome. I love what they've done with the map and the weapons.

Stealth
April 24th, 2007, 08:10 AM
The dll has been removed D:
Poor Reaper man, if it wasn't for the fact that I need to be getting to school, I'd upload it and send it to you.

TIA Gangsta
April 24th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Oh crap. Someone upload the full length video again please!

I'd be really thankfull! (and you'll get my rep!)

Thanks!

P.S. The hog is looking AMAZING from the screenshots.

Kornman00
April 24th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Not sure if it was just WMP11 being gay, but I had to skip ahead to some random point for it to start playing. I could tell there were some warping in the game (players and the wheel) and I swear I saw atleast one texture pop-in incident but I'm not going to bash a WIP kthxno.

TIA Gangsta
April 24th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Not sure if it was just WMP11 being gay, but I had to skip ahead to some random point for it to start playing. I could tell there were some warping in the game (players and the wheel) and I swear I saw atleast one texture pop-in incident but I'm not going to bash a WIP kthxno.

IGN just wrote an article on it, and they've gathered enough evidence to suggest it's far from final. They pointed out a few dodgy textures, hardly any finishing touches on the effects (e.g. grenade explosions) and something else I can't remember...

TheGhost
April 24th, 2007, 12:05 PM
I don't know why they're calling it a "beta" build then. Especially since we're 6+ months from release.

Oh also, full length MPG here (http://jcap.h2vista.net/files/halo/halo3/Halo%203%20Beta%20-%20Zanzibar%20Remake.mpg).

Love De Lux
April 24th, 2007, 12:06 PM
There's a torrent for the vid... I just don't know if I can post it there. :)

TIA Gangsta
April 24th, 2007, 12:15 PM
I don't know why they're calling it a "beta" build then. Especially since we're 6+ months from release.

Oh also, full length MPG here (http://jcap.h2vista.net/files/halo/halo3/Halo%203%20Beta%20-%20Zanzibar%20Remake.mpg).

Gah...not quicktime...any download maybe? Or streaming from WMP?

Zeph
April 24th, 2007, 12:15 PM

Well hopefully THAT's not a release candidate.

TIA Gangsta
April 24th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Full video here:

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/10959

EDIT: K, I changed the first post so it has the above video link in it.

ThatCrazyFox
April 24th, 2007, 03:10 PM
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/4223/birdfu5.gif

Even though I will not be able play the remake to my favorite H2 map (untill Desolation came out), this makes me even more excited I was able to get a week off for the beta at my job!

Also, if my posting of picks gets annoying, please tell me. I'm a huge funny image whore at a Star Fox site I mod.

TeeKup
April 24th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Wow, Zanzibar got a makeover for the better. :o

Xetsuei
April 24th, 2007, 05:46 PM
9rnRbdhLRZQ

ThatCrazyFox
April 24th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Since its related to the vid I'll post this here:

I made a new avatar from the vid when the Red gets PWND by the SL, but I want to know if I'm allowed to use it since it's made of leaked footage.

I would have made it longer and better quality but the site's rules state that your avatar cannot exceed 50kb...:eyesroll:

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/158/slp2zk8.gif

BobtheGreatII
April 24th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Ah snap, makes me think that the spartan laser needs to be a little fixed up for CMT. The animations are cool. Nice vid. Looking forward to Halo 3, but then again, who isn't?

Reaper Man
April 24th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Poor Reaper man, if it wasn't for the fact that I need to be getting to school, I'd upload it and send it to you.
'S ok, I'll go play the ms beta at my friends house this weekend :3

Xegrot
April 24th, 2007, 08:26 PM
That... is some SWEET shit! Frankie was right... the water is beautiful! And so are a lot of other things in that video! The cliffs need a little work, since they have texture that makes it look like it's rocky, even though it's way too smooth. Still, if it looks this good, imagine what the final game will look like.

O.O x100000000>

Dole
April 24th, 2007, 09:05 PM
It's steroids, obviously. >_>

Neuro Guro
April 24th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Now here is what im thinking from all of this; If Bunige is going to pay homeage to the "old school" h2 favorites such as zanzibar , then I see no reason at all why they wouldn't go right ahead and also remake Lockout and Ascension.

Kornman00
April 25th, 2007, 01:19 AM
I'm so fucking tired of remakes (H1->H2, H2->H1, and now H2->H3), out with the old and in with the new damnit :eyesroll:!

I'm sure this is how Zanzibar actually started out, but due to the limits of the game they had to simplify it.

Also, I'm pretty sure the engine and asset build was finalized long ago for the beta, which is why some of it looks rough now, so don't get your panties in a wad just because its getting released in the September-October range.

dm_tx
April 25th, 2007, 02:20 AM
Wow, that's looking pretty damn good - I just might have to purchase a 360...

demonmaster3k
April 25th, 2007, 05:19 AM
it's not high ground, i heard last resort was a remake of zanzi

Emmzee
April 25th, 2007, 07:55 AM
it's not high ground, i heard last resort was a remake of zanzi
You mean heard from the first post in this thread? :raise:

FRain
April 25th, 2007, 08:36 AM
I just hope it's damn well worth downloading an 308 MB file for an hour.

TIA Gangsta
April 25th, 2007, 10:18 AM
I just hope it's damn well worth downloading an 308 MB file for an hour.

Eh, not really. It says HD...but it REALLY isn't. The quality is terrible (mind you, it's alot better than previous leaked videos...).
There won't be much of a difference watching it downloaded than on Gametrailers (the link I provided in first post), other than being able to see a few numbers and names more clearly.

Kornman00
April 25th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Hell, just let it go while you're sleeping one night if you care about wasting your time and bandwidth that much.

Limited
April 25th, 2007, 11:06 AM
He used a captre card to get this footage? How did bungie let them hook it up and shit. Or was it one of these "friends of friends" people :O

oh yeh the dude who "played" halo 3. No proof = you didnt play it.

Kornman00
April 25th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Well, its pretty simple when you work at MS and get to be part of the "internal" tests. I just wish Bungie would use better test groups, I'm tired of seeing their shit leaked tbh :/

9mm, if your talking about that Sean dude, he did supply proof

TIA Gangsta
April 25th, 2007, 02:01 PM
He used a captre card to get this footage? How did bungie let them hook it up and shit. Or was it one of these "friends of friends" people :O

oh yeh the dude who "played" halo 3. No proof = you didnt play it.

Yeah, capture card, and they were in their own homes, hence why they were playing online (gamecards were posted on the forums, and they said "Last Game Played: Halo 3 Beta"), so there was nobody to stop them from recording.

And it's a good damn thing that Bungie aren't allowing campaign to be tested by anyone other than the Bungie Team...imagine what a disaster it would be if the ending of the game (or something significant in the Campaign) was leaked....Yikes...

Limited
April 25th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Well, its pretty simple when you work at MS and get to be part of the "internal" tests. I just wish Bungie would use better test groups, I'm tired of seeing their shit leaked tbh :/

9mm, if your talking about that Sean dude, he did supply proof
The gamer tag thing?

That wasnt proof he played it, or proof that it was his friends gamer tag.

Could have been any one who has access to h3.

Also, I thought they were mega strict about this and you could only play it at bungie's studios.

Atty
April 25th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Eh, not really. It says HD...but it REALLY isn't. The quality is terrible (mind you, it's alot better than previous leaked videos...).
There won't be much of a difference watching it downloaded than on Gametrailers (the link I provided in first post), other than being able to see a few numbers and names more clearly.It's SD. Judging by the capture quality he probably used an ATI-TV Wonder, it's quality is near the same as mine is (some of the artifacting is the same as I get, too.) :)

IPBJT!
April 25th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Eh, not really. It says HD...but it REALLY isn't. The quality is terrible
That vid quality is FAR from terrible. It might not be HD but it's still great. At least it is for me.

TIA Gangsta
April 25th, 2007, 04:19 PM
That vid quality is FAR from terrible. It might not be HD but it's still great. At least it is for me.

Compared to the claimed "HD" it is. And it still isn't clear, that's the point, so you can't see all the details and effects...which is kinda what seperates HD games from the SD games.

Boba
April 25th, 2007, 04:40 PM
The new vegetation looks awesome. :v

Elite Killa
April 25th, 2007, 04:58 PM
I like the new building behind the wheel.

Dole
April 25th, 2007, 05:47 PM
The power plant on the other side of the observation/utilities platform inside the main building looks like it takes up more than half of the BSP.
All in the name of aesthetics. ;)

Dragonpurr
April 26th, 2007, 03:11 AM
looks/sounds cool. but the gameplay is discouriging (spelling -_-)

Rosco
April 26th, 2007, 08:34 AM
looks cool. but the gameplay is discouriging

I don't like the gameplay either, it looks like the same old wtf how did I die shit you get in Halo 2. :(

JDMFSeanP
April 26th, 2007, 06:11 PM
I always understand how I die in Halo 2.

The few things I'm afraid of are them trying to push too many weapons into a map, and overcrowding it. Also something that I never got a grip for when playing was the headshot weapons, I think I just need to get used to it more, but the BR seemed to take a hell of a lot of shots to kill someone.l

DaneO'Roo
April 26th, 2007, 06:38 PM
I don't like the gameplay either, it looks like the same old wtf how did I die shit you get in Halo 2. :(

QFT

Halo 2 it's just like......spawn - dead, spawn - dead, spawn - dead. Most of thetime you get to kill like 1- 3 people before your dead, most of the time you never last 30 seconds. Well, thats me anyway.

stalker 4589
April 26th, 2007, 07:31 PM
sorry but that sounds like your a bad player then.....

the remake looks to improve on the already hugely fun zanzi. i can wait only thing i worried about is it may get old fast as people know the basic layout. i mean look at beaver creek i loved that map back in the day on my xbox now everytime i see it in matchmaking i turn emo and try to slash with my 360 controller to no avail. the spiker looks rape the music makes me sad :(

Elite Killa
April 26th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Yeah, in the beginning, the player was just walking around doing nothing... and there was barely and action what-so-ever.

Neuro Guro
April 26th, 2007, 09:24 PM

99.9% , You die because you get what they call "being own'd". "Owning" as it is called is what they do in a "First Person Shooter". To be as brief as I can while getting the point across ,I'll describe it in layman's term;

Ya get skeet'd on!

Now for all of you who want a more tech. description;
"owning" is getting murdered without consent by someone who is obviously enjoying the pleasure of taking control of your body. (not to be confused with "Rape" , but it is sometimes referred to that since the definitions fairly match.)

But wait! Why do people "Skeet" on your head regions in these "First Person Shooters"?

Thats because this is a "First Person Shooter", and thats what happens in a FPS (First Person Shooter). The goal of a "FPS"(First Person Shooter) is to kill those who happen to be in front of your weapon, or in some examples , "AFK" which means "Away "Fapping" [with one's] Koch"

Now , I would go all fancy in a diagram here but I think I can explain it just fine. See, if you are behind someone (as in , they don't see you) and eject lead skeet on their face (what they call "owning") (pardon the pun too btw, I mean ammunitions) you be what they call the "own't". Unlike other games , First Person Shooters DO NOT usually have people dieing from the following:

Lightning bolts
Magical spell casting
Hordes of goats
Snafubar
"M01 l01k l3vel 57 S0L1d Sn@k3zor 1337 F@pPZ0rz W@an'd
Any one related to SnafubarSo yes , if you DO die in a shooter I can confirm that you most likely got owned.

I hope this has been helpful to the less informed part of the gaming community , and to tie up any loose ends about why people die in FPS's (First Person Shooters)

http://files.myopera.com/Eddie_Lopez/blog/The_More_You_Know.jpg

dg
April 26th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Neuro, I hate you now.

LOL JK.

~dg945~

PenGuin1362
April 26th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Hello NeuroKoNeza, my name is PenGuin1362. I love you

CtrlAltDestroy
April 26th, 2007, 10:07 PM
LOL PENGUIN LIKES MEN

Neuro Guro
April 26th, 2007, 10:21 PM
hai guiz, Leet listens to Elton John cause he didn't rep me.

Hold me closer tiny dancer
Count the headlights on the highwaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Lay me down in sheets of liiiiiiinennnnnn
you had a busy day todaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

CtrlAltDestroy
April 26th, 2007, 10:23 PM
I WOULD REP YOU BUT I CANT OK :'(

Con
April 26th, 2007, 11:04 PM
http://users.telenet.be/tieno/funny/halo/h30238.jpg

Picked up a...."Power Drainer"?

JDMFSeanP
April 26th, 2007, 11:20 PM
EMP fo' sho.

PenGuin1362
April 26th, 2007, 11:27 PM
I WOULD REP YOU BUT I CANT OK :'(

don't listen to this non sense neuro, he can rep you. he just doesn't want to....>_>...he's gay

yea i think that power drainer might be an emp but why wouldn't they call it an emp...

CtrlAltDestroy
April 26th, 2007, 11:41 PM
are you going to listen to that talking duck huh

Teroh
April 27th, 2007, 01:21 AM
Neuro I love your lead skeet on SnaFuBar's face.

TIA Gangsta
April 27th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Yeah, in the beginning, the player was just walking around doing nothing... and there was barely and action what-so-ever.

Maybe that's because at the beginning the enemys spawns at a different place to you?...Like in all the other Halo team-games...?

Kornman00
April 27th, 2007, 10:40 AM
No, ur wrong. it was clearly a stunt server...

PenGuin1362
April 27th, 2007, 12:20 PM
are you going to listen to that talking duck huh

zeph does

CtrlAltDestroy
April 27th, 2007, 12:57 PM
because zeph is a mental patient :'(

TIA Gangsta
April 27th, 2007, 01:47 PM
No, ur wrong. it was clearly a stunt server...

My point was that there were two teams, and each one always spawns in seperate places on the map, therefore there would be a quick silent run-around before the action starts.

Atty
April 27th, 2007, 05:58 PM
I always understand how I die in Halo 2.

The few things I'm afraid of are them trying to push too many weapons into a map, and overcrowding it. Also something that I never got a grip for when playing was the headshot weapons, I think I just need to get used to it more, but the BR seemed to take a hell of a lot of shots to kill someone.lIt takes 4 shots to kill someone with a BR, and 5 if you have a bad connection (4th shot registers but only after the time frame to hit a 5th shot do you actually witness their demise.) Sniper is one shot. How hard is that?

Pooky
April 28th, 2007, 12:21 AM
It takes 4 headshots to kill someone with a BR

fixed.

It does take a lot of shots if you don't shoot people in the head

JDMFSeanP
April 28th, 2007, 02:07 AM
It takes 4 shots to kill someone with a BR, and 5 if you have a bad connection (4th shot registers but only after the time frame to hit a 5th shot do you actually witness their demise.) Sniper is one shot. How hard is that?

I was talking in H3, but everyone had bad connections there anyways.

Kornman00
April 28th, 2007, 02:55 AM
My point was that there were two teams, and each one always spawns in separate places on the map, therefore there would be a quick silent run-around before the action starts.
my point was that I was joking and making fun of HaloCE. ftfy btw

TIA Gangsta
April 28th, 2007, 03:00 AM
my point was that I was joking and making fun of HaloCE. ftfy btw

What's ftfy?

TheOneBread
April 28th, 2007, 03:24 AM
I wasn't a big fan of Zanzibar myself, hopefully this one will be good though.

TIA Gangsta
April 28th, 2007, 08:40 AM

You obviously haven't played a big multiplayer match on it.

Rosco
April 28th, 2007, 12:33 PM

Last time I played a big match on Zanzibar, it sucked.

And the time before that, and the time before that too.

I could see Zanzibar working on Halo 1's engine better. :)

TIA Gangsta
April 28th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Last time I played a big match on Zanzibar, it sucked.

And the time before that, and the time before that too.

I could see Zanzibar working on Halo 1's engine better. :)

Eh...well that's mostly thanks to the dickheads on Halo 2 online...but my point was that Zanzibar is a great map if you mind some cool people to play with.
This H3 version just looks totally awesome...

Champ
April 28th, 2007, 02:12 PM
I enjoyed Zanzibar, it may not have been the best slayer map. But it was good for Assault and 1 Flag CTF.

Rosco
April 28th, 2007, 02:51 PM
I enjoyed Zanzibar, it may not have been the best slayer map. But it was good for Assault and 1 Flag CTF.

The only gametype i really liked was the bomb gametype, lol.

TIA Gangsta
April 28th, 2007, 03:06 PM
The only gametype i really liked was the bomb gametype, lol.

"bomb armed, bomb-, bomb armed, bomb-, bomb armed, bomb-, bomb armed..."

Atty
April 28th, 2007, 03:14 PM
What's ftfy?Fix'd dat 4 u

Amit
April 28th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Calm down.........clear your head........then GO CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pooky
April 29th, 2007, 12:39 AM

I have, and I still didn't like Zanzibar in Halo 2. Ironically, I liked the H2CE version though

Corgy
April 29th, 2007, 01:31 AM
fixed.

It does take a lot of shots if you don't shoot people in the head
It takes 3 body shots, 1 headshot, at minimum...

TIA Gangsta
April 29th, 2007, 06:44 AM
It takes 3 body shots, 1 headshot, at minimum...

No he was right, it's 3 at the head.
ONE SHOT KILL? You're joking right?
Maybe you're thinking of SWAT?

Elite Killa
April 29th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Or maybe he's thinking of the crappy/overpowered H2CE BR that had AR animations...

Corgy
April 30th, 2007, 01:45 AM
No, maybe I'm fucking right? Headshots don't matter when you have shields. Anyone who knows Halo will be able to tell you the pistol in Halo 1 is 2 body shots, then one headshot, and the BR in Halo 2 is 3 body shots, then one headshot.

dm_tx
April 30th, 2007, 02:35 AM
Translation error...I believe they think you meant 1 headshot was a kill. No cause for anyone to get upset.

Corgy
April 30th, 2007, 02:47 AM
I realised that. Just didn't care.

TIA Gangsta
April 30th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Translation error...I believe they think you meant 1 headshot was a kill. No cause for anyone to get upset.

yup

Kornman00
April 30th, 2007, 11:26 AM
so...how 'bout them cowboys?

Atty
April 30th, 2007, 01:43 PM
They suck.

Champ
April 30th, 2007, 07:21 PM
It's four head shots with the Battle Rifle.

TIA Gangsta
May 1st, 2007, 01:50 PM
It's four head shots with the Battle Rifle.

I never commented on how many shots it takes to kill...