PDA

View Full Version : [APP] DSauce (Open Sauce)

Dwood
January 22nd, 2010, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I made my own version of Open Sauce.

http://www.filefront.com/15406047/Blah.zip

--- Original message by: Dwood

(if (and (= Menu_Type 9001) (= Menu_Selection 5))
(object_create Chuck_Norris)
)

Edit: The menu type can be manipulated only if 1: disp_menu_type is true, AND the menu itself is open

To open the menu: Numpad Enter key.
To change Menu_Type: Minus or + key on numpad. It increments REALLY FAST though so I think I'm going to tone it down a bit with another super global called tone_down_mType (- or + key increments by one in their respective properties)

I also need to finish adding my timer. (sorry scythe :P) Try it, tell me what you think, etc. You will need to find the exact names of the globals in the project yellow tags. disp_menu_type is only activatable via dev mode or script. I did not bind any keys for that boolean.

Press enter on the numpad to use the options. Also, if you want this to be os and non-os compatible then check if developer_mode is = to 4.

I can't think of anything else... Oh, yeah, this can only be used when in-game (ie not in ui)

Thoughts and ideas are appreciated

many thanks to lmtd and scythe for their guidance in the making of this.

I can't include the source right now however I will do so some time soon.

FireScythe
January 22nd, 2010, 06:53 PM
With the speed problem, i'm assuming your incrementing menu_type during the render call? If so you need to either time it to only increment once every 0.5 seconds or so, or alternatively set it to only increment when the +/- key is first pressed but not when it is held down.

A better way of determining if OS is present could do with being thought up too. Using the developer_mode makes dev only text pop up all over the place.

I'm not sure what the context is for using this but it seems to do what you described so good work :downs:.

Dwood
January 25th, 2010, 01:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHcuiOFihhE

With the speed problem, i'm assuming your incrementing menu_type during the render call? If so you need to either time it to only increment once every 0.5 seconds or so, or alternatively set it to only increment when the +/- key is first pressed but not when it is held down.

I could do the first part but I'm not sure how I would implement the second part.

A better way of determining if OS is present could do with being thought up too. Using the developer_mode makes dev only text pop up all over the place.

Wait, it does? I haven't tried so idk. as for thinking up another way there are many ways one could do it rather easily. I thought of adding 1.0 to the f0 global and then detecting if the global changed or not, then have that as the boolean of sorts but with a float for one's global i could get 1.0333 or something like that on accident, so :shrug:

I'm not sure what the context is for using this but it seems to do what you described so good work :downs:.

It's to add another layer of input for scripters to check for... say, boarding.... or.... adding more than 2 grenade types.

Inferno
January 25th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Wait... So this give us the ability to script undefined keys like... "b" to run a script when pressed.

I might use this for the epsilon campaign mod...

L0d3x
January 25th, 2010, 09:04 PM
In b4 Shadow.

Nice job btw. Hope to see people make creative use of this.

FireScythe
January 26th, 2010, 05:51 AM
I could do the first part but I'm not sure how I would implement the second part.
pseudo code ahoy!

bool KeyPressedPrevious;
bool KeyPressedNow;

KeyPressedNow = GetWhetherKeyIsPressed();
if(!KeyPressedPrevious && KeyPressedNow)
{Increment/Decrement;}
KeyPressedPrevious = KeyPressedNow;

Wait, it does? I haven't tried so idk.
A little green "Loading..." appears when loading a map, and in SP there tends to be a list of music tags when they start being played. Things like that.

Dwood
January 26th, 2010, 05:57 AM
Wait... So this give us the ability to script undefined keys like... "b" to run a script when pressed.

I might use this for the epsilon campaign mod...

basically, yes. The thing is, though, that this is mapped to the numpad keys. I could do normal letter-keys but the numpad was the most obvious to me at the time.

Kornman00
January 26th, 2010, 06:57 AM
You know, Halo1_CE has a code interface for the game's input objects...

you may want to consult those before remaking this wheel

Dwood
January 26th, 2010, 01:50 PM
You know, Halo1_CE has a code interface for the game's input objects...

you may want to consult those before remaking this wheel

You got me excited so I looked for a key_input folder/file... then I saw one! in a folder I haven't noticed before! Then... I realized... I wrote the file. :golfclap:

I'm using the same system as you defined (via enums etc) and a similar way as the generic OS menus you made.

Kornman00
January 26th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Well since you didn't post the source I had nothing to determine what method you were using.

Just a fair warning though, the license OS was released under states that you must include the modified source with any works released based off the original source. Don't release anything else until you're ready to release the source too.

Dwood
January 26th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Well since you didn't post the source I had nothing to determine what method you were using.

Just a fair warning though, the license OS was released under states that you must include the modified source with any works released based off the original source. Don't release anything else until you're ready to release the source too.

Yeah, I won't be a jerk, I was leaving out of town when I posted the dll.

E: Here's the source. http://www.filefront.com/15434167/DSauce.zip

If someone wants, I'd appreciate it if we could have a more permanent mirror than filefront.

CodeBrain
January 26th, 2010, 10:06 PM
You can host it on my ftp if you want.

Dwood
January 26th, 2010, 10:18 PM
You can host it on my ftp if you want.

You'd have to upload it and post the link because currently I can barely upload these posts to modacity.

CodeBrain
January 27th, 2010, 12:16 AM
http://codebrainshideout.net/dwood/Blah.zip

http://codebrainshideout.net/dwood/DSauce.zip

There you go.

Dwood
January 31st, 2010, 10:41 AM
Bug discovery: Wont load fov settings. im tryin to track down why but i cant for the life of me find it. it saves just fine but no matter what it loads to default... The other items load fine.

Dwood
March 5th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Fixed above error. I discovered an engine function korn uncovered and will be using that instead of what i was using because imho that is much more efficient. also, ive incorporated postprocessing. i need to balance the want of exposing values to scripters and the need to keep things efficient... bleh. lol A number of other small goodies will be on the way, too.

Rambo
March 13th, 2010, 09:54 PM
OK. I have some good news and some bad news for y'all, E-Mailed to me straight from Dwood himself.

I'd like you to post those in my DSauce thread because my internet can't handle the upload to post them on modacity.

This is my dsauce build. It is now compatible 100% with the current Postprocessing, as of 2-25-2010.

Changes: Started adding the structure_bsp tag to the dll. Widget .hpp is there however none of those are done.
Added a timer which starts the second a map is loaded.
Exposed the isKeyDown function to halo script.

I have suspended development in DSauce until Korn releases the next update to OS. I might do some address-work and all that however for now there won't be updates until Korn's.Below are the two files for download. Sorry I couldn't put these at the front-side post, but I'm not Dwood.

Pre-compiled DSauce Update 2 (http://www.filefront.com/15823927/DSauce%20Update%20%232.zip)

DSauce Update 2 Source Code (http://www.filefront.com/15823935/DSauce-Update-2-Source-Code.zip/)

malolo420
June 14th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Download is down :(

Rambo
July 2nd, 2012, 08:10 PM
know, broski. I was hoping to retrieve the source code and try and embed it into 1.09 while Dwood was away, but I can't grab it ANYWHERE at all. Can somebody help me?