PDA

View Full Version : [Idea] Around the grenade limit

CodeBrain
January 24th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Originally, Halo CE only allows two grenade types, as you all well know.

As I was watching a Half Life Speedrun (done in 30 minutes btw), an idea came to mind. Why not make the grenades actually .weapon types instead?

Think about it for a second. For one thing all that has to be done weapon wise, is animate, and check the flag "doesn't count toward maximum". Then you can still use two weapons, as the grenades would not count as weapons for the maximum.

I know I make it much more easier said than done, but if someone were to do this, they would be capable of having more than two grenades within their map.

Perhaps a H3 Variant with all four grenades? I don't know.

thehoodedsmack
January 24th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Halo was great in that it didn't map grenades to their own weapon. You could just pull the left trigger and toss. And that method has mostly carried on to this day. Yes, it could probably work, but it would feel really strange.

Alwin Roth
January 24th, 2010, 05:58 PM
someone should do a half life mod...

Pooky
January 24th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Using one button to cycle through 2 weapons and 2 grenade types would get old, fast.

Heathen
January 24th, 2010, 06:26 PM
This has been done before though. I remember a map that had Spike Grenades that worked like this. One of those H3 BLOODGULCH or H3 COAGULATION things.

t3h m00kz
January 24th, 2010, 09:12 PM
CMT experimented with that iirc with spike nades as a secondary fire for the spiker. Didn't like how it worked, it was very iffy.

Advancebo
January 26th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Or just use 1 weapon, and have a spike for the primary, and a flame for the secondary.

kid908
January 26th, 2010, 09:47 PM
I've played a version of overdose with this method already. sorry, a bit late. Lolo had it not count towards total, but there's still ammo. IDK if he kept it in the final version, but I remember using grenades in od in a similar fashion to what you described.

Heathen
January 26th, 2010, 09:51 PM
imho unless you could make a script to auto take out that weapon, throw it, and change back to previous weapon, I dont like it. Also you would need to make it to where you couldn't tab to it. Otherwise it breaks halo's gameplay.

MissingSpartan7
January 26th, 2010, 11:18 PM
or it could be just like how the flag works, but its only single use
so when you throw/fire it you also drop it

t3h m00kz
January 26th, 2010, 11:24 PM
I think four nades is a stupid idea anyway. Doesn't really add too much to the gameplay if you've got grenades that act pretty much the same way.

Dwood
January 27th, 2010, 04:58 AM
imho unless you could make a script to auto take out that weapon, throw it, and change back to previous weapon, I dont like it. Also you would need to make it to where you couldn't tab to it. Otherwise it breaks halo's gameplay.

we could theoretically do something like that with my Open Sauce but it probably wouldn't be very effective. I wish we could define two pairs of nade types and then switch between them. Has someone tried forcing guerilla to accept more than two nade types in the globals tag? If we could get that then theoretically we could use open sauce to switch the nades... bleh whatever it's too complicated..

blind
January 27th, 2010, 11:26 AM
nades ruin halo anyway, nobody needs anymore of them.

Sel
January 27th, 2010, 12:13 PM
it hasnt been done because it's a shitty idea

sorry to break it to you

ICEE
January 27th, 2010, 12:39 PM
I was messing around with this idea waaay back in the day. like pooky said, its not worth it in the long run