PDA

View Full Version : [UI] Yoyorast Island

FlyingStone
April 24th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Hello,
This is my first public User Interface that i have made. It was a pain in the butt but well worth it because i leaned a lot from this and i will hopefully imply that on my next UI. Before i even begin i would like to say THANK YOU SO MUCH to three special people:
[EJ] Bean: Without bean i would be no where in UI making. Many tips he has given me that i wouldn't have learned as easy as i did from him. Many frustrating moments i have had with him and not once did he say bugger off.
In fact, i was the one who quit out on him half the time :D. He has taught me a lot, and i cannot thank him enough. He gave me feedback, no BS stuff. He told me how i can improve and what i shouldn't do. He took time to give examples both in writing and pictures. He allowed me to use one of his W.I.P maps to test on. He showed me trust, I'm glad he trusted me because i learned a lot from using his W.I.P Map and i cant thank him enough for that. Bean has done more than what i thought anyone would do. Without you bean, i would have made a really cruddy UI. Thanks bean.
n00b1n8R: I would seriously be stuck in the mud if n00b hadn't responded to a help wanted post. He has done more than i could ever ask of him and yet he still does. He has been the nicest person i have met by far that was
willing to tell me the truth and not say, "Oh that's awesome even though it fly's right threw the map and everything is messed up. But its OK!". No he made many suggestions, even helped me lay out a another camera track
that he planned out. If n00b hadn't responded to my help wanted post i would REALLY be way behind. I thank you n00b for everything, and i thank you for going beyond and helping with many things.
Timo: Wow, are you god? =D Timo had the answers when i really couldn't figure it out. Sometimes they were really obvious once he explained it to me. He was kind enough to explain them and even when i could not do it he would do it for me and send me the file. <3 You. Are. Awesome, many thanks for that. Timo i thank you so much for the help you gave me and answering my PM's. Also i thank you for taking time to explain how to edit the files.
I also thank you for that last minute question that was a total awesome success. THANK YOU VERY MUCH SIR!
* Explained Features down below
CREDITS:
Dg945: Awesome tut, helped a lot.
Zeph: Also for his UI tut.
Masters: For answering my question about compiling bitmaps, thanks.
Sunray: For a couple of ideas that i will not say here (Secret :D). Also for his awesome music finds that won't
appear in the UI. But will appear soon :)
Pooky: For his straight answers and helpful reminders.
Timo: For helping me with sound files and for some helpful advice, and for telling me how to add the campaign
feature and how to make a no-updating box appear, also for that last minute question that was answered. <3
Ged117: Beta testing and a few pointers. Thanks
YoyoRast: For allowing me to use his map, thank you.
HaloGuru: Thank you for helping me with the camera script.
[EJ]Bean: Tips, testing, and helping me with my many, many questions. Thank you so much!
n00b1n8R: Beta testing, feedback, and ideas. He was also the one to figure out why the music was unable to be heard.
h2vista.net: Thanks for your awesome forms, and thank you to some of the members who posted back on my thread.
Kornman00: Thank you for your hacked version of guerrilla.
halomaps.org: Thank you too for your forms and great downloading and uploading freedom.
T7 Map Team <3.

BETA Testers:
n00b1n8R
[EJ]Bean
Sunray
Pooky
Timo
YoyoRast
Ged117
Kite
I don't think i forgot anyone and nobody is any particular order. I thank you all who helped me on this UI.
And i thank you for downloading this UI.
Got Questions?
Xfire= flyingstone (user name)
Yahoo= Flyingstone07
Email= Flyingstone07@yahoo.com
Take care now and thank guys above for helping me, and thank you for downloading this file.
-FlyingStone, -«TUI»FS
[/URL]
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2580/93421063uu7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
:lol:
[U]DOWNLOAD:
http://files.filefront.com//;7329263;;/ (http://files.filefront.com//;7329263;;/)

Feature's:
No updating box *Thank you Timo
A "Admire" button * Thank you Timo
Campaign button * Thank you Timo
Two Cam tracks *Thanks n00b for the second one :D
Awesome map * Yoyorast <3

Draw Backs:
Admire button does not highlight, but you can still select it with your arrow keys.

More Credits, And Info

I'm at a shortage of words today so if i repeat myself, flame me. Anyways this project was a pain in the rump. I was originally shooting for a totally re done paint job, and all customized things. That failed, badly. After i blew a month on that, n00b said to go with all defaults. I really hated to but i didn't have a choose, i was at a lack of photoshoping skill. The onlything that is custom about this UI (Other than the map) is the button, "Admire". This was Timo's idea, and i was thankful he allowed me to use it. While i was still confused on how to do it, once again Timo was kind enough to explain it to me. (Thank you!) Over all i think this has taken about 3 months, sounds ridiculous i know but i am new to this so that explains why. I would like to thank Timo and n00b1n8R, both of these guys help a tremendous amount and i can't say thank you enough times to these two. Also i would to say thank you to [EJ] Bean, he help me understand how to make a UI. In other words i wouldn't be here without him. Thank you too. I thank everyone who helped in the making of this UI.

F&Q:

Q: Did you have permission to use YoyoRasts map??
A: Yes, i emailed him before i even touched it.

Q: Is this your first UI, because this just sucks.
A: Yes this is my first UI, but that means nothing. I could have done better, but i wanted it to be a quick to load. While still using some features.

Q: Can i rip out the admire button and use it in my UI?
A: This was Timo's idea, i just copied it. So ask him, not me.

Q: FILE FRONT SUCKS, UPLOAD IT TO HALO MAPS PLZ.
A: I will be doing that soon, this is the final UI but it will take a day or two before Dennis aproves the upload. Also, in case of a last minute fix.

Thank you all who help me with this project. Take care, :lol:
-F.S

Rosco
April 24th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Nice job man, well done :)

Stealth
April 24th, 2007, 04:07 PM
what does the admire button do any ways?

Timo
April 24th, 2007, 04:22 PM
It loads a widget that has nothing on it, so you can 'admire' yoyorast island. :d

FlyingStone
April 24th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Just uploaded it to the halomaps site, but I'm not sure if i did it right. >.< It didn't ask me for the file description, but i included a screenshot and all the read me files.
Guess ill have to wait to see if i did it right....
Also you might want to re-download the file because i changed some tool error the UI was giving me. I doubt it will affect anything but if you want to go ahead, once its on the halomaps site that is...
Take care,
-F.S

FlyingStone
April 24th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Today 09:08 PMn00b1n8Rsome of the people i've talked to arn't that enthusiastic about this. for future reference, what do you want in a UI?

I expected this...and on the next UI i will try harder to make more eye candy rather than a avagage candy bar. :(
Thats life i guess...
-F.S

Patrickssj6
April 25th, 2007, 04:55 PM
"Admire" is not perfectly alligned.

Got my download.I need an UI anyway.:D

Edward Elrich
April 27th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Awesome. I've been using CMT's UI for I don't know how long, so it might be fun to try something new.

edit: I don't care what anyone says. For a first UI it's awesome. (but my -blam!- graphics card still refuses to render water for me. :()

FlyingStone
April 30th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Shit, its uploaded on halo maps but the whole read me file wasn't included in the descreption.... I'm sorry, ill PM Dennis and ask him why/what i need to do in the future so it shows...
Sorry n00b, Timo and Pooky i thought for sure it would show up. All of the file.
Fuck me.
-F.S

Edward Elrich
April 30th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Make sure you select it when you're compressing to .zip/.rar. If that doesn't work, it's probably corrupted.

FlyingStone
May 1st, 2007, 12:31 PM
Yeah it was in there when i .rar'd it. I extracted it to make sure. But it looks like Dennis just put half of the Read me file on the description.
Dam.
-F.S

Limited
May 1st, 2007, 02:31 PM
Very nice.

I like the fact it has the default logo and text. Yoyorast Island is a great map, showing it off like this UI does is great. Adding a mega fancy UI that has new colours, a sparkling shiny new font would distract me from the awesomeness of the map.

I like the admire button. Good idea timo.

FlyingStone
May 4th, 2007, 10:34 AM
308 downloads on halomaps o.0
I never thought it get more than a 100 tbh. Makes all that frustration worth it.
-F.S
PS Thanks for the rep limited :D