PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

Dwood
January 25th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Has anyone been able to use Bluestreak to export animations or is that something that only blitzkrieg can do?

e: This question has been solved.

sleepy1212
January 25th, 2010, 03:01 PM
you have to use a separate exporter, it's around here somewhere...i'm at work or i'd tell you exactly what is called.

Dwood
January 25th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Animation Importer can export as JMA etc, what I was looking for.

sleepy1212
January 25th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Animation Importer can export as JMA etc, what I was looking for.
k home now, i've got cad_animation exporter. does all anim formats, JMA JMO JMW etc...

Dwood
January 25th, 2010, 05:09 PM
k home now, i've got cad_animation exporter. does all anim formats, JMA JMO JMW etc...

Getting that. Turns out Animation importer does all those things imaginable with animations EXCEPT export them lol.

sleepy1212
January 25th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Getting that. Turns out Animation importer does all those things imaginable with animations EXCEPT export them lol.

lol, awesome, sounds useful. you can do everything you need in your project except finish itl

Dwood
January 26th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Can someone tell me how to get my own world-relative animations ingame?

teh lag
January 27th, 2010, 11:55 AM
not if your topic is locked

just use the .jmw file extension when exporting (or if blitz can't export it, which iirc it can't, just export as some other animation format and rename the file)

Dwood
January 27th, 2010, 12:35 PM
That's because I found out on my own and decided the topic was dead. :P

Dwood
January 27th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Ok so now I have a new problem. I've made the anim... exported as jmw just fine... compiled by tool without complaint... then when I try to run it in Sapien it blinks from one spot to another... and then blinks back to the original spot. can soemeone please help me out?

seanthelawn
January 27th, 2010, 08:02 PM
From what I've heard, world relative animations are a bitch because you have to animate it in the exact spot where it will play the animation in-game. The best way to do this is to import your BSP to 3DS max and move the animation to the right spot, then delete the BSP and export the animation.

Dwood
January 27th, 2010, 08:14 PM
That's not the problem.

CodeBrain
January 27th, 2010, 08:50 PM
This was a problem with using Pelicans in the old version of HCER's New Mombasa. The pelican would go insanely fast to the spot it was animated to go to.

You might need more frames within your animation, other wise it plays too fast.

Also, world-relative always does the "go back to start" thing, its programmed to do that. You would have to make another one that has a long time frame, and that would be how you do it.

Or you could just kick the player out of the vehicle when its done animating.

Is this for a vehicle?

Dwood
January 27th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Yeah it's a dropship so I can drop ai enemies.