PDA

View Full Version : Modding Meelee (extending distance) - Snowcast

POQbum
January 29th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Hey so I'm new to modding Halo CE maps.

I'm running a Zombie server and I've found a great map (Snowcast) but it has Halo1 weapons which have terrible meelees.

So I need one of two things for it to work (preferably number 2):
1) Extend the meelee distance - but I can't find which program would do this?
2) Import Halo2/3 weapons (or just import the weapons from CMT Snow Grove) - IDK what program does this either..

Can someone do this real quick? Or can someone tell me how I can do this if nobody else wants to?

Could someone help me at all on this?
I know you probably get bugged with modding questions all the time, so I do appreciate anyone who's willing to help me out.

Thanks

Lateksi
January 29th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Well I don't think it's possible to change the weapons or melees without compiling a new map. So, everyone would have to download the zombie version of the map. If I got it right you're not wanting to do that?

POQbum
January 29th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Definitely willing to do that. Not the best option, but it'll work xD

sleepy1212
January 29th, 2010, 02:23 PM
I think you can do that with some modding tools like Eschaton or one of them idk.

Geo
January 29th, 2010, 02:26 PM
You could use modding tools, but that would require everyone who enters the server to have that modding tool as well. It wouldn't work too well :\

Con
January 29th, 2010, 02:35 PM
The most practical solution is if you create a zombies-specific map that everyone plays on.

POQbum
January 29th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Yeah creating a whole new map (a modified version of snowcast) is fine, most of the playerbase are willing to go download the map.

sleepy1212
January 29th, 2010, 02:37 PM
You could use modding tools, but that would require everyone who enters the server to have that modding tool as well. It wouldn't work too well :\
not so sure about CE but in PC that's definitely not the case unless your doing huge bsp switches or importing lots of stuff. basic changes like weapon damage/range/speed can just be on the server.

aar, i'm not crazy about using mod tools but for something as minute as this change isn't going to get downloads so it's a better option than compiling a new map.

E: oh shit op is different now. k cool.

CodeBrain
January 29th, 2010, 03:39 PM
2) Import Halo2/3 weapons (or just import the weapons from CMT Snow Grove) - IDK what program does this either..

Someone is gonna have a day with you...

Dwood
January 29th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Someone is gonna have a day with you...

Too bad they're banned lol :P :iamafag:

teh lag
January 29th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Too bad they're banned lol :P :iamafag:

yo sup

anyhow aaaaaaa why would you even want our old work from then

Donut
January 29th, 2010, 04:24 PM
because snow grove was, as i understand, a good map for zombies. they want the tagset from that map to attempt to recreate that experience on a new map.

Horns
January 29th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Yeah creating a whole new map (a modified version of snowcast) is fine, most of the playerbase are willing to go download the map.

Chris (High Tide (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4668)) is actually working on a zombie specific map right now with a couple other mappers.

ICEE
January 29th, 2010, 07:10 PM
because snow grove was, as i understand, a good map for zombies. they want the tagset from that map to attempt to recreate that experience on a new map.

It was pretty good until the admin left and everyone (me) starting being a douche.

Higuy
January 29th, 2010, 08:41 PM
yo sup

anyhow aaaaaaa why would you even want our old work from then
GIVE US THE TAGS!!!!11

:realsmug:

Never been a fan of Zombies, always thought it played horrible :X

POQbum
January 29th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Errr..so does that mean it's not going to happen?

If the CMT weapon tags can't be transferred can someone at least put some decent halo 2 or halo 3 weapons on snowcast?

TeeKup
January 29th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Every time I tried playing in your zombie server I was met with douche baggery, stupidity and out right un-fun gameplay.

I love Snowcast, I played it a lot with the Realworld CE players. Don't taint it with that horrid zombie gametype.

POQbum
January 29th, 2010, 11:41 PM
Every time I tried playing in your zombie server I was met with douche baggery, stupidity and out right un-fun gameplay.
..How so?