PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to bring me up to date?

samm5506
January 30th, 2010, 04:04 PM
I've been inactive in the Halo CE community for about 3 years now and I am curious of any breakthroughs, new hit maps, or basically anything notable that's new in Halo CE. My old username was SPARTAN04. I made a few maps, they weren't that great, but it was during my learning stages of modeling. If someone could fill me in, that would be great. :downs:

Lateksi
January 30th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Yoyorast Island 2 came out and rocks hard: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4957

CMT released their first campaign mission: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4771

samm5506
January 30th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Yoyorast Island 2 came out and rocks hard: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4957
I actually saw this a while ago, I checked the credits and I wasn't listed. I helped fixed some portaling issues around the 30-31st build. :saddowns:

Lateksi
January 30th, 2010, 04:28 PM
I guess a lot of people helped but were not given credit... Sorry to hear that.
Metroid Online released their Maridia beta map if you wanna check it out (and moved to another engine or died, idk) http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4869

JackalStomper
January 30th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Breakthroughs? Certainly not open sauce, ohh no that thing is useless.

Disaster
January 30th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Holy shit. I haven't seen you in a long time.

samm5506
January 31st, 2010, 01:17 PM
Holy shit. I haven't seen you in a long time.
Yeah, I basically quit Halo CE modding soon after I was banned from halomaps. :p Along with obvious reasons such as an outdated engine. I haven't really researched much into Open Source, but I have seen the big leaps in DX modifications with it.

I now am a developer for two very popular servers on Garrysmod; GMT (Gmod Tower) and Sassilization. You can add me on steam if you want at "warriorlax5506" or Skype at samm5506.

EDIT: Also, one little thing that I want to add. I am a bit disappointing at the current Halo CE community. it's most likely only the halomaps.org community, but why is it that whenever a new Halo game comes out, or even just a screenshot (ex: Halo Reach) someone has to go about recreating all of it? That's just uncreative, boring, and something I probably wouldn't want to play. It seems like creativity in the community has dropped, or as I said before atleast in the halomaps.org community (When has it ever been creative though?)

chrisk123999
January 31st, 2010, 02:25 PM
Compare the size of the Halo and Garry's mod community and their age level. Halo is a dieing game, whether you want to believe it or not.

neuro
January 31st, 2010, 02:52 PM
EDIT: Also, one little thing that I want to add. I am a bit disappointing at the current Halo CE community. it's most likely only the halomaps.org community, but why is it that whenever a new Halo game comes out, or even just a screenshot (ex: Halo Reach) someone has to go about recreating all of it? That's just uncreative, boring, and something I probably wouldn't want to play. It seems like creativity in the community has dropped, or as I said before atleast in the halomaps.org community (When has it ever been creative though?)

thats just a few people, and we are aware of this.

people who actually ARE creative have moved on to better engines and such.

L0d3x
January 31st, 2010, 03:32 PM
Quit generalising people of a community. It's an insult to logic.

samm5506
January 31st, 2010, 04:00 PM
I just want to say, I started up Halo Custom Edition v1.09 a couple of hours ago and... there was only one server hosting a custom map. :saddowns: The rest were classic maps, which to me defeats the whole point of playing Halo CE.

bobsam
January 31st, 2010, 04:16 PM
Most likely because of your filter settings in the sever list?

Higuy
January 31st, 2010, 04:44 PM
Yeah check your filters. (or maybe you don't have alot of maps) halo ce has definitly slowed down a bit though. You can find alot more people in 1.00ce as well.

chrisk123999
January 31st, 2010, 05:16 PM
CMT released their first campaign mission:http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4771

So it's safe to say that both this and SPV2 are projects dead in the water. Their is little to no interest within the team for now, and I am shutting CMT down until the majority of it's members are once again interested in following through on the project. Nothing is going to be open sourced or released, in the event one day we may finish what we started.

I'm starting a new project unrelated to CMT and the CE community, you should hear about it in 60 days as well as possibly a new group of people I'll be working with. I'm pretty sure all of you who will download it will, and when you see it I hope it will wow you like the CE projects I have worked on. In the coming weeks I'll be posting less and less, and as many of you know, I rarely use my desktop and leave it mostly powered off these days. If you want to talk to me on Xfire, you'll have to wait till they update iFire seeing as right now it can't load my friends list (which is huge). Until then, eMail is the way to reach me.

Adios

From Halomaps.

n00b1n8R
January 31st, 2010, 05:36 PM
oh come on masterz what the fuck just release it -_-

Lateksi
January 31st, 2010, 05:38 PM
oh come on masterz what the fuck just release it -_-

Dwood
January 31st, 2010, 05:40 PM
At least give the bsps to people who do care.

Advancebo
January 31st, 2010, 08:49 PM
Yeah that masters is an evil fuck. Canceling them maps and shit.

Pooky
February 1st, 2010, 11:33 AM
Yoyorast Island 2 came out and lags hard:

Obligatory correction.

Yoyorast 2 might be really great under ideal circumstances, but in a full public server with tons of people that have major lag/schizophrenic ping it's not very fun at all.