PDA

View Full Version : Static Grass sprites

Higuy
February 6th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Does anyone know how to create static grass sprites? I know how to set up the tag correctly but when I actually go to include the sprites it always seems to fuck up.

Help is appreciated :)

Ifafudafi
February 6th, 2010, 10:05 AM
You'll have to be more specific than that. What exactly is wrong?

Higuy
February 6th, 2010, 10:08 AM
I haven't done it in a while, however the last time I did sapien would exception after they were added. I'll try it again and find the debug, but last time I didn't know how to fix it.

02.06.10 11:10:25 detail_object_type grass field 1: type does not reference a valid sequence
02.06.10 11:10:25 detail_object_type grass field 2: type does not reference a valid sequence
02.06.10 11:10:25 error loading detail_object_collection 'effects\detail_objects\grass_field\grass_fieldh2'

Alright, so I guess it has something to do with the tag. How do I sequence them correctly then?

teh lag
February 6th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Zex made a tutorial on this way back.

http://ghost.halomaps.org/tutorials/tuts/epgs/zexgx_dobc.pdf

Not sure if that falls under "setting up the tag" as you said, but you could probably figure it out from that and extracting the original bitmaps.

Sequence index refers to the multiple images stored in a sprite bitmap; the error means you're referencing one that doesn't exist. (ex: sprite has 10 images, and your dobc refers to the 11th)