PDA

View Full Version : JMW animations

Dwood
February 6th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Ok I imported the c_dropship into 3ds max and want to make a dropping animation. Last time I tries this there were no errors but the dropship only teleported to one area of the map (with no relation to the spot it was set to be at the beginning of the anim) and then teleported back to the spot it was at.

I'm going to retry this but here's the process i'm going to do it so hopefully you guys can check what i'm doing and tell me if it's completely right/wrong lol.

Import map bsp/dropship
animate dropship [Anything I should know when doing these?]
export as jmw
compile anims via tool
Open in guerilla, check box that says world relative and name the graph I want to play

(do I need to teleport the vehicle to the exact location of the beginning of the animation?)

Kornman00
February 6th, 2010, 03:14 PM
I thought tool auto set that flag when importing a JMW file and I also thought the animation had to be made in the actual BSP (for correct positioning data and hence world relative)?

Dwood
February 6th, 2010, 03:40 PM
It doesnt, it does. well it didnt set the flag for me, anyways.

JackalStomper
February 6th, 2010, 03:58 PM
JMW uses the BSP's 0 0 0 as it's center of origin. this means when animating it in max, you would need to place the dropship at the BSP models' 0 0 0 center for it to look right in game.

Personal note...
I never liked JMW, it's trippy. I just used a regular JMM then placed the vehicle the closest I could get to the reference in max. Seems to work :S.

JMW teleports back to origin after it's done too, which is what's going on with you right now. Can't think of a way around that.

Avalanche
February 6th, 2010, 06:47 PM
JMW teleports back to origin after it's done too, which is what's going on with you right now. Can't think of a way around that.

Script it to delete the object

JackalStomper
February 6th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Script it to delete the object

Only works if you don't need it to do something after the animation.

Kornman00
February 6th, 2010, 09:50 PM
what about with that one script function called "unit_play_animation_and_hover" or something to that effect?

or maybe that was recorded animations ;3

CodeBrain
February 7th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Kornman, thats recording_play_and_hover :-3

Edit: Unfortunately, CAD's Animation Export tool does not want to corporate with me, since it exports none of my animations.

Will attempt to fix.

Dwood
February 18th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Okay I cannot for the life of me get the stupid thing to play my custom animations. Someone please halp! A tutorial from the ground up, without skipping sections would be nice. By ground up I mean from the import of the model, not the creation of said model. :x