PDA

View Full Version : Custom Edition: Can't Connect to Server!

in2infiniti
February 6th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Hey, I've been having a problem with Halo Custom Edition over the past few months that seems to have just randomly popped up for no apparent reason. So I can load Halo CE perfectly fine, but when I try to join a game, most of the times the ping isn't visible because I can't connect to the server.

Then, when I actually try to join a game, I either:
A) Can't join at all
B) I join the server, but get stuck on the respawn screen
C) As soon as I actually start playing, I lose connection.

The net result is that I can't play at all, and I've searched for the possible causes of the problem online but can't seem to find it. I've made sure that Halo CE is unblocked by my firewall, I've made sure my ports are available for use, I've made sure that my router is functioning properly, my internet speed is definitely fast enough (6 Mbps to be precise), and even when my friends bring their laptops over to play, it doesn't work for them either (so It's probably not an issue with my copy of Halo CE).

This problem has been really frustrating :saddowns:, so please, if you have any suggestions to fix the problem, I would really appreciate it. :downs:

sevlag
February 6th, 2010, 08:54 PM
what version of CE are you using and did you buy a copy of Halo PC is gonna be my first question

Edit: 1,00th post

Inferno
February 6th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Fail.

That is ironic coming from you.

:v:

Additionally, I used to have this problem. It fixed it self at one point.

Try reinstalling the game? Make sure you update to the most recent version too.

sleepy1212
February 7th, 2010, 10:09 PM
if your friend's laptop doesn't work then it's not the install it's the router. your router will have a different isp and different ports, be sure those are available.

that and your internet kinda sucks.