PDA

View Full Version : CMT's Geist has corrupted animations?

CodeBrain
February 8th, 2010, 04:12 PM
I am trying to fix to fix it myself, since Masterz explicitly said:

Masterz1337 11:12 pm
theres somethign wrong with animation extraction, just like the monitor
im not in the game anymore
dont come to me for help

Masterz1337 11:13 pm
these are the communitys tags
figure it out with them

Therefore I can assume I will recieve no help with this on CMT's behalf.

Which is why I turn to the community. We all had bad experiences with corrupted animations (scorpions and monitor animations, anyone?) The solution would be to get a non-ripped version, I am not sure if CMT will actually send the file over, because of the "community tags" deal.

However, I did attempt to fix them via Ghost's Animation Importer. The animations work, and I did export them. The error that came up however was:

--No "mod" function for undefined

A close relative to "get" function, I assume?

In any case, the animations DO compile in tool, and nothing is wrong with any HEK tools when they load this animation, however if Sapien loads the biped, it doesn't show. Not even the marker shows up to move it or turn it. Nothing is there.

If I remove the animations themselves, the marker does appear, but with no model, since Sapien says all models need animations.

Any way to solve this problem, or am I going to be left in the dark?

Choking Victim
February 8th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Fixing animation tags from hek+ isn't that big of a deal. Just set the looking/aiming screen bounds in the animation tag. That's all the monitor animations needed at least.

supersniper
February 8th, 2010, 07:36 PM
lol he'll be back.

CodeBrain
February 9th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Just so you guys know, I fixed up the animations for the Geist, it looks the way it was supposed to be.

Except, it doesn't have death animations, however since it acts like a sentinel when it dies, I just figured it would be easier. Yes I am lazy, I already know XD

Also I would like to note that this is my first 3rd person animation for bipeds, and I know it isn't good. I tried basing it off the Sentinels animations, so please, if you have any crit, I would like to know.

Before:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/ShadowFireMario/OS_sapienbeta2010-02-0912-50-01-20.png

After fixing it up:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/ShadowFireMario/OS_sapienbeta2010-02-0912-50-09-61.png

If anyone wants the animation fix, ask me to put a link on here.

S3anyBoy
February 9th, 2010, 12:38 PM
link plz bro :-3

n00b1n8R
February 10th, 2010, 01:39 AM
What on earth was that supposed to be?

Some new covenant species?

Dwood
February 10th, 2010, 05:45 AM
Post the link now codebrain.

sevlag
February 10th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Any insight on what the excavator,shocker, and reaper were meant to be? i put the reaper in game and its world model is an oversized spiker, and the shocker is a greyish PR
so yeah, post link with fixes to geist plox?

SnaFuBAR
February 10th, 2010, 03:03 PM
what the fuck is that supposed to be.

sevlag
February 10th, 2010, 03:19 PM
what the fuck is that supposed to be.
supposedly its a covenant adaptation of a sentinel

SnaFuBAR
February 10th, 2010, 03:27 PM
that is fucking terrible. jesus christ it looks like an anime robocat that hovers with half a plasma rifle hanging off of it.

CodeBrain
February 10th, 2010, 03:38 PM
CMT was never going to use this in SPV2 anyway.

It was a idea at first, but then discarded to the unused bin.

sevlag
February 10th, 2010, 04:09 PM
whats with the Reaper, shocker, and that folder named "fishbiscuits"?

MissingSpartan7
February 18th, 2010, 12:12 AM
pls link?

.....it looks sorta like a drone face with cat paws