PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible?

Sonicscream
February 10th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Okay... Imagine this... There is a server running on 1.09 in Halo CE. I want to make it appear in the 1.00 list or some other version, doesn't matter. Is it possible to basically create a fake redirect server? A server that once you join it, it makes you join the 1.09 server? :L Just curious :woop:

Dwood
February 11th, 2010, 04:37 AM
Not without downgrading the networking.

JackalStomper
February 11th, 2010, 09:49 AM
I smell piracy here...

Sonicscream
February 11th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Lol dont worry about me pirating :L I have two legit copies. Box and all.

But... I think it would be alot funner -- even though piraters are evil (in halo) -- to have a full server instead of one that remains empty all the time. I also keep cd key check enabled :L so dont worry.

Higuy
February 11th, 2010, 09:53 AM
I think thats possible. There's some servers on PC I believe that you can join from any version.

jcap
February 11th, 2010, 01:18 PM
I think there's servers that you can join from any version, but I don't believe there is a server that appears on both server lists.

You would probably need to spoof the data that is sent to Gamespy. There is one version number that is sent to Gamespy which says which version the server is for. If you can send the same info, but change the version number for each version you want, you would be able to see it on those versions of the game.

ThePlague
February 11th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Thing is, can everyone from different versions all join and play together?

Heathen
February 11th, 2010, 04:09 PM
No. Closest is the version changer.

chrisk123999
February 11th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Wrong, you can remove the version check off the dedicated server exe and let people join from any version. BrandiniMP gave me one awhile back that let people join from any version. I think his dedicated server patcher can do it. The only problem is it only shows up on one version, but you can direct ip from any.

Heathen
February 11th, 2010, 06:44 PM
The only problem is it only shows up on one version
then we arent wrong because it does not do what he wants it to.

Horns
February 11th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Wrong, you can remove the version check off the dedicated server exe and let people join from any version. BrandiniMP gave me one awhile back that let people join from any version. I think his dedicated server patcher can do it. The only problem is it only shows up on one version, but you can direct ip from any.

I think there's servers that you can join from any version, but I don't believe there is a server that appears on both server lists.

You would probably need to spoof the data that is sent to Gamespy. There is one version number that is sent to Gamespy which says which version the server is for. If you can send the same info, but change the version number for each version you want, you would be able to see it on those versions of the game.

I'm getting daja vu

chrisk123999
February 11th, 2010, 06:50 PM
No, because you can still join from other versions. If you really wanted to, you could get people from different versions onto one server.

Horns
February 11th, 2010, 06:52 PM
No, because you can still join from other versions. If you really wanted to, you could get people from different versions onto one server.

heh

GinjaNinja
February 12th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Well me, being BrandiniMP, can tell you, it is entirely possible, Patrick linked me to this thread, so here i am.

My idea is, write a little dll or something that loads into the dedi server, then that creates a socket on a new port (because the master server appears to work on a per ip+port basis for version) this new socket will then transmit the same info to the master server, but with the new port and version, then all connections going to that new socket can then be used to forward packets to the original socket, or even directly pass packets into the internal packet handler.

EDIT: jcap, the gamespy master server only allows 1 entry for each ip+port combo, so if you send a packet for a server with 1 version, then another for the same server with a different version, it will simply overwrite it in the master server database, hence the use of a new socket.

ANOTHER EDIT:

then we arent wrong because it does not do what he wants it to.

chrisk123999 is right, you're wrong, because you said the closest thing is a version changer, thats not true, the closest thing is my patcher that allows any version to connect to the server.

Sonicscream
February 12th, 2010, 10:36 PM
My idea is, write a little dll or something that loads into the dedi server, then that creates a socket on a new port (because the master server appears to work on a per ip+port basis for version) this new socket will then transmit the same info to the master server, but with the new port and version, then all connections going to that new socket can then be used to forward packets to the original socket, or even directly pass packets into the internal packet handler.

That sounds like one good idea :D Too bad I have insufficient experience writing in any language other than HTML and Batch >_>

GinjaNinja
February 14th, 2010, 11:10 AM
well if i get around to it, i might make something idk.

Heathen
February 14th, 2010, 12:25 PM
chrisk123999 is right, you're wrong, because you said the closest thing is a version changer, thats not true, the closest thing is my patcher that allows any version to connect to the server.

But thats not what the little fella was asking about. He wanted something to display the server in his server lists, and the closest he could get to that is having the version changer and checking the server lists over and over with different version numbers.

chrisk123999
February 14th, 2010, 02:14 PM
He wanted his server to show up on all versions and be able to be joined from any. Right now the most you can do is join from any version.

Sonicscream
February 14th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Bah little fella? Don't call me little just because I don't get around much on forums :P