PDA

View Full Version : JMS exporter freezing

Delta4907
February 13th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Whenever I try to export a model using the JMS exporter, it freezes, seemingly when it adds the "Turn to Mesh" modifier, but that might not be the problem. I've had a friend try exporting the model, and it does the exact same thing. I'm using 3ds 2010, and it is a biped that I'm exporting. Any help?

Spartan094
February 13th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Common guys. I already tried to help him export. At least help or post something that helps. I tried already.

sleepy1212
February 14th, 2010, 02:42 PM
are you sure that it's freezing? depending on the exporter it might just take a long time.

try making a cube, add a material to it, and link it to a frame. see if it still freezes on export.

Delta4907
February 14th, 2010, 04:36 PM
That worked, so it's something in the max file. I don't see whats causing it to freeze. It wouldn't take that long to export it, as I've exported models with higher poly counts before (not that that's the cause, just saying).

sleepy1212
February 14th, 2010, 05:33 PM
i don't know much about making bipeds but i doubt it has anything to do with poly count.

it could be that you have an error there that should display a dialog but instead just freezes.

two most common ones are improper frame links and material setups. check those again.

other than that you could try another version/exporter or wait for someone who uses 2010/knows bipeds better.

or maybe just try the export again and wait a long time

JackalStomper
February 15th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Is there anything other than a skin and editable poly/mesh in your modifier stack? Not sure if it would cause problems but hey no harm in trying...