PDA

View Full Version : Surprised to see this Community still active

blazer9131
February 19th, 2010, 03:29 AM
I recently got back into Halo CE (My cousin bought it a few days ago, and joined a clan.. My brother, two friends and myself joined their servers after about a year or two after we stopped playing, and damn it was still fun (Kicked their ass btw). However, I'm very disappointed to see all the maps there are Blood Gulch (Classic, yeah I get it.. but seriously?) So I went back to halomaps.org, and started downloading some maps for us to play.. Found a sickkkk Metroid map (looks amazing is it seriously the same engine?) and Yoyorast Island 2 (I remember playing that and Bacon's racetrack back then).. I stumbled upon this community when I was searching for my CD key, I usually e-mail myself them, and I searched for Halo, and my confirmation e-mail popped up from 08 =D.

So anyway, I was surprised to see a relevantly active modding community.. Just wanted to thank the Admins and Moders here, nice to see people still have some fun with this game.. (Oh, can't forget the players.. pretty boring playing with only 1 person =P)

Just some appreciation.. Please continue modding this game =D

Good_Apollo
February 19th, 2010, 03:56 AM
Well probably the biggest mod to hit CE and probably one of the last major mods to be released (CMT SPV2) was canceled so...Halo CE is kinda dead for a lot of people now since there's hardly any servers up and they play shitty maps anyway.

Dwood
February 19th, 2010, 04:27 AM
Well probably the biggest mod to hit CE and probably one of the last major mods to be released (CMT SPV2) was canceled so...Halo CE is kinda dead for a lot of people now since there's hardly any servers up and they play shitty maps anyway.

People who were only banking on SPv2 to keep them playing Halo Custom Edition aren't missed. Sure it's sad, but it's even worse when only 1 mod/team keeps the game installed on your computer.

il Duce Primo
February 19th, 2010, 02:29 PM
It's not like the people who were waiting for SPV2 were still playing ce. It didn't impact the community at all. There is still a good amount of players if you actually turned it on and looked. People are always saying it's dieing when it's not. The community is still going strong.

SnaFuBAR
February 19th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Going strong? I'd say the community has a pulse but nothing more than that, really (by comparison to other game communities).

supersniper
February 19th, 2010, 02:52 PM
meh all we need is just something new and different to bring back the heartbeat.

I'd say that zombies map zteam was working on a while back is an example.

n00b1n8R
February 19th, 2010, 04:35 PM
I'd make a TC on another engine and port maps to it so we can have decent graphics and proper netcode.

I'd play the fuck out of that if somebody made it.

blazer9131
February 19th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Hell, I would too. Lol.

Sel
February 19th, 2010, 09:35 PM
After I stopped developing this community went to shit

thats pretty much it!

also you missed revelations!!

Pooky
February 19th, 2010, 09:41 PM
People who were only banking on SPv2 to keep them playing Halo Custom Edition aren't missed. Sure it's sad, but it's even worse when only 1 mod/team keeps the game installed on your computer.

Yeah, say that to the hundreds of people who still play Jedi Academy to this day solely because of the JA+ mod :|

Or the people who only play QuakeWorld to this day because of Team Fortress.

blazer9131
February 20th, 2010, 02:32 AM
Hmm.. So, what's the current -hot- mod/map for this game?... I looked at some of the graphics related maps running off OpenSauce? there's one which looks awesome (relatively)