PDA

View Full Version : C++ help needed

Sean Aero
February 22nd, 2010, 11:36 AM
I'm looking for some C++ experts which can teach me a thing or two about the following functions:

FindWindow()
ReadProcessMemory()
WriteProcessMemory()

I still seem to be lacking some knowledge on these functions.
If you have the patience to help me out on this I would be very grateful.

Add me on Xfire: seanaero
or just leave a reply here on how I can contact you :)

Thanks in advance,

Sean Aero

Kalub
February 22nd, 2010, 02:47 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=c%2B%2B+memory+editing

Try it sometime.

Sean Aero
February 22nd, 2010, 03:28 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=c%2B%2B+memory+editing

Try it sometime.

Thanks for your "suggestion". I too thought it would be a good idea to start searching the internet and try some stuff out before asking for help. So I have been doing so for the last 2 days, have gained some valuable knowledge, but I seem to be getting stuck with certain errors given in Visual Studio 2008. This is why I posted here.

Instead of building a complete trainer I thought it would be wise to build the trainer from the bottom up.
First splitting the timer from the "FindWindow()" and build them in separate programs.
I succeeded with the timer but failed with the FindWindow function.
I have the feeling I'm forgetting to include something.

Again if there is someone willing to help me out by having a look at my code, please contact me.

Vicky
February 22nd, 2010, 03:49 PM
Why use FindWindow when you want processes? And how does it fail?

Limited
February 22nd, 2010, 04:23 PM
Why use FindWindow when you want processes? And how does it fail?
FindWindow can be used in conjunction with other process handling routines to actually hook the process. Basically you'd use it to find the "Halo", window. I used to use this method back in the VB6 days.

What you want to do is find the process ID, or window ID then you can attach to that.

WriteProcessMemory() basically takes the process ID of the Halo window, the address of what you are editing, the actual data your trying to write which is known as the buffer, the size of the buffer in bytes and the output number of bytes written which is used to error check.

I don't really see what you want from us, explain these functions? Theres a ton of resources on the web.

I'll take a gander at your code, I'm busy but I'll try my best :)

Are you actually competent with C++?

Sean Aero
February 22nd, 2010, 05:05 PM
I don't really see what you want from us, explain these functions? Theres a ton of resources on the web.

I should be more specific, what I'm looking for is someone who is experienced with these functions and who is willing to have a look at my code at times when I get really stuck.

I'll take a gander at your code, I'm busy but I'll try my best :)

Thanks would really appreciate it! ( PM. How to get in direct contact with you. Xfire, AIM, MSN? )

Are you actually competent with C++?

Starting at how many days would you call someone competent? :iamafag:
In other words, very new to C++. Non the less reading a lot about it, trying a lot of examples, really want to get familiar with it.

CrAsHOvErRide
February 22nd, 2010, 06:00 PM
You know what APIs are?

Vicky
February 22nd, 2010, 06:46 PM
FindWindow can be used in conjunction with other process handling routines to actually hook the process. Basically you'd use it to find the "Halo", window. I used to use this method back in the VB6 days.

Yes, that's one way.. but getting a processlist gives you right what you want. And you don't need hooks.

In other words, very new to C++. Non the less reading a lot about it, trying a lot of examples, really want to get familiar with it.

And making a 'trainer' is of course the 1st thing you want to try....

Sean Aero
February 22nd, 2010, 07:21 PM
And making a 'trainer' is of course the 1st thing you want to try....

Keeps me motivated :-3

CrAsHOvErRide
February 23rd, 2010, 09:05 AM
Keeps me motivated Will get me frustrated :-3
fify

Kalub
February 24th, 2010, 01:46 AM
If you couldn't patch some code together to work functions with limited arguments then good luck. :ugh:

Sean Aero
February 24th, 2010, 02:10 AM
Thanks for the support guys, I'll keep you informed if I managed to get something to work :cop:

First have to take care of this LAN party I'm hosting ^_^

Sean Aero
February 26th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Ok I managed to get a form app to work which only produces a wire-frame hack.
Now I'm in need of a great tutorial on finding memory locations and their base addresses with Halo CE 1.08.
Tried this tutorial, but was unable to locate the base address :(
http://www.gamexploits.com/perfect-world/hacks/596-how-to-search-for-base-address/

Suggestions?

Limited
February 26th, 2010, 09:19 AM
:D If only modnexus was still up they'd probably have mirror to my tutorial from years back. (I was on Windows ME back then LOL).

Dwood
February 26th, 2010, 12:55 PM
I'd like to figure out how to find the current location of the dev camera... But yeah finding addresses is fun, you'll want to start with something that you know off-hand what the value of it is. A boolean would probably be a good start. Like deathless. just go in ce and follow the first 4 or so tutorials to get a basic idea of how the program works.

hook it to ce, and run a scan for all booleans of the exact value 0.
Turn on deathless
scan for true bools.
repeat, in an alternating fashion
?????
Profit!

Skyline
February 26th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Debug_camera_save, camera.txt?

Limited
February 26th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Debug_camera_save, camera.txt?
^^

You need to think outside the box Dwood :D

I'd say the hardest thing to find is projectile swap, unless you know the golden formula, even then involves alot of tedious work.

Dwood
February 26th, 2010, 04:13 PM
^^

You need to think outside the box Dwood :D

I'd say the hardest thing to find is projectile swap, unless you know the golden formula, even then involves alot of tedious work.

Did not know that! >.>

CrAsHOvErRide
February 28th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Even without the camera.txt it's damn easy >.>

This is why there shouldn't be any tutorials on this...people are suppose to have a brain and at least think about it.

Skyline
February 28th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Don't say that, people will take it offensively :).

CrAsHOvErRide
February 28th, 2010, 10:41 AM
They are suppose to. Maybe next time they'll think about it more before asking.

Limited
February 28th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Even without the camera.txt it's damn easy >.>

This is why there shouldn't be any tutorials on this...people are suppose to have a brain and at least think about it.
Pat is right, we cant spoon feed people, you need to learn the in's and out's to master it, otherwise you'll just have more questions later on.

Dwood
February 28th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Ill ask a question and then figure out my answer b4 the person manages to respond. Also, my c++ Qs come when my ref book doesnt have an answer or when im unfamiliar with something... like interfacing with tags in memory, for example. but yeh, learning to program is fun lol.

Skyline
February 28th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Laughing my ass off :'D. Yah I reference my tag interfacing in memory book all the time, its really helpful.

Dwood
February 28th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Im offended, you cannot read properly.

Skyline
March 1st, 2010, 02:56 PM
I read it just fine. You cannot interpret properly.

Sean Aero
March 7th, 2010, 05:24 PM
As promised a small progress update.
Been a little over 2 weeks since I started slowly getting the hang of it. In one of my early posts I stated that I had trouble with certain function.
The problems with these functions where resolved after changing some settings in Visual Studio 2008.

This is what I'm currently working on (*note it's client based):

http://genhs.com/download/trackerv102.jpg
If you would like to try it out feel free to download it at:
www.genhs.com

The program still contains a few bugs ranging from not detecting Halo CE on certain systems (not on mine ;) ) to betrayals sometimes showing up as -1 (might have solved it, not too sure).
I would like to thank Limited for helping me out and enlightening me at times when I get stuck ;)

Feedback is more than welcome :)

Flare
March 8th, 2010, 01:03 PM
As promised a small progress update.
Been a little over 2 weeks since I started slowly getting the hang of it. In one of my early posts I stated that I had trouble with certain function.
The problems with these functions where resolved after changing some settings in Visual Studio 2008.

This is what I'm currently working on (*note it's client based):

http://genhs.com/download/trackerv102.jpg
If you would like to try it out feel free to download it at:
www.genhs.com (http://www.genhs.com)

The program still contains a few bugs ranging from not detecting Halo CE on certain systems (not on mine ;) ) to betrayals sometimes showing up as -1 (might have solved it, not too sure).
I would like to thank Limited for helping me out and enlightening me at times when I get stuck ;)

Feedback is more than welcome :)

how bout weapon accuracy ratings. like 100 pistol shots shot, 80 hit: 80% pistol accuracy.
and, player: fired 24 sniper bullets this game. Threw 56 nades this game. Was 3shot 26 times. 3Shotted an enemy 22 times. kill an enemy in 5 shots 10 times. killed an enemy with a nade 36 times. stuff like that would be neat.