PDA

View Full Version : [APP] Skys The Limit 1.09

Limited
February 22nd, 2010, 04:34 PM
Well, with this being in development for ages, and for past 3 months nothing actually getting changed in the coding, I thought as people out there would like it, might as well release it now. Sadly because 1.09 broke OS, our special OS features (Death Camera, Host Server Features etc) have been lost.

Video:
UGbSNbiqp9U

Screenshot:
http://www.codebrainshideout.net/FTP_Accounts/Limited/hmm.png

What is it?

Field of View - (Like in Yelo Battery using mouse input)
Editable Third Person
SightJacker
Minor edit on the camera of when your dead allowing you to use the mouse to rotate the camera around.

Issues

3 person camera is buggy - We understand it warps, its to do with the player model updating the coordinates a different time to the camera. This can be fixed however right now its on the backburner.

Installation
Copy the STL.dll to your Halo CE root directory (with haloce.exe), on your first run you will encounter an error saying it can not find path.ini and Strings.txt, just run the application and click on the settings button, next click okay and the files will automatically be created for you.

Developed by Limited and Skyline.

Major props to CodeBrain for hosting the file, although he doesnt yet know it, but thanks :)

Download (http://www.codebrainshideout.net/FTP_Accounts/Limited/Skys_The_Limit.rar) (Custom Edition Only!!)

CrAsHOvErRide
February 22nd, 2010, 06:01 PM
Nice stuff. Fugly Hotkey UI but it works :P

Great app if the 3p thing gets fixed. Like I said, hook the function instead of hammering coordinates from 2 sides simultaneously.

chrisk123999
February 22nd, 2010, 08:33 PM
Turning on 3rd person while in sight jacker is insta-exception.

Edit: Make an alternate way to use this, my mouse wheel goes a billion miles an hour and is really jumpy, making it hard to change players with SJ.

Lateksi
February 23rd, 2010, 02:54 AM
Thank you so much for this! I've waited long for a 1.09 FOV app. But it gave me exception too and I only edited field id view...

EDIT: nvm got it working, but I had to open CE 3 times in order to fix it

TeeKup
February 23rd, 2010, 03:34 AM
Fucking 1.09. Most useless update in existence....would have enjoyed CE death cam.

Limited
February 23rd, 2010, 07:35 AM
Thank you so much for this! I've waited long for a 1.09 FOV app. But it gave me exception too and I only edited field id view...
EDIT: nvm got it working, but I had to open CE 3 times in order to fix it
Hmm, still strange you had to open CE 3 times for it to work, was that just for first time or is it like that every time you want to play?

Turning on 3rd person while in sight jacker is insta-exception.

Edit: Make an alternate way to use this, my mouse wheel goes a billion miles an hour and is really jumpy, making it hard to change players with SJ.
I suppose we could incorporate standard keys to do it as well so you have the option. I dont seem to be getting the exception when in sightjacker and try to 3p, it just shouldnt let you. You can do FoV in sightjacker.

Thanks for the feedback. If I had 1.08 EXE still on this pc I'd dig up the old OS stuff lol.

jcap
February 23rd, 2010, 08:08 AM
I'll upload a copy of the 1.08 exe for you in three hours, if no one does before me.

All I use is 1.08 cloaked as 1.09. It's not like I'm missing out on anything with the 1.08 exe.

Halo CE 1.08 supremacy~~~

CrAsHOvErRide
February 23rd, 2010, 09:02 AM
http://www.vivid-abstractions.net/downloads/HaloVersions/

Uploaded it a long time ago :S

Lateksi
February 23rd, 2010, 09:19 AM
was that just for first time or is it like that every time you want to play?

The first 2 times I opened the game it crashed when I gave a fov over 90. Then on the third time it worked fine and I can now adjust it how much I want.

Sasc
February 23rd, 2010, 10:56 AM
I got an exception on adjusting the FOV for the first time too, but I haven't tried it again since it crashed.

Also, I LOVE the death cam. Is it possible to have a similar feature in a compiled map? Like changing a tag or death camera settings?

UGoBoom
February 23rd, 2010, 07:33 PM
It is cool, i'd like a crosshair symbol where the person aims in SJ, so aimbot-catching videos can be proven. Also, I can only move on the Z axis (Behind/In front of char.), am I missing something?

Con
February 23rd, 2010, 09:23 PM
It is cool, i'd like a crosshair symbol where the person aims in SJ, so aimbot-catching videos can be proven. Also, I can only move on the Z axis (Behind/In front of char.), am I missing something?
hold shift or ctrl or something like that

Limited
February 24th, 2010, 03:19 PM
I got an exception on adjusting the FOV for the first time too, but I haven't tried it again since it crashed.

Also, I LOVE the death cam. Is it possible to have a similar feature in a compiled map? Like changing a tag or death camera settings?
Hmm, thats very strange. As to ability to have it in a compiled map, I don't really know, we basically give the ability for the player to move the camera, instead of it being fixed and I believe that isnt possible in the tags.

UGoBoom
February 25th, 2010, 05:34 PM

I was infact missing that. Shift works.

shadowslayer123
February 25th, 2010, 05:59 PM
wait, so shift changes the rest?

UGoBoom
February 26th, 2010, 05:57 PM
wait, so shift changes the rest?

No, it just changes the x and y axis view (^ v, > <), while the mouse just changes the z axis (Depth)

TEMPTii
February 27th, 2010, 10:54 AM
On the sightjacker, I can't figure out how to switch between people lmao

EDIT: Couldn't find it because my scroll button on my new mouse is being a homo butterfly.

regnitto
February 28th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Is there any way to set SJer to F3 instead of F6? I have another app that uses F6...

Is there any way to set team colors?

edit:
I had 1 exception as well, but rock solid since.

2 thumbs up.

Kornman00
March 1st, 2010, 12:15 AM
Why would you need to set team colors with a 3rd party app...

Vadam930
March 1st, 2010, 04:11 AM
I think he means is there an indicator which tells you what team the player you are SJing is on. I find the need for that too.

Limited
March 1st, 2010, 05:16 AM
Is there any way to set SJer to F3 instead of F6? I have another app that uses F6...
Click on Settings, then on the right under Camera, thers a button labeled SJack, click it and then press the button you want to assign to it. So yeah you can remap keys.

As for the whole see whos on what team, we were hoping to make the text colour of the name being which team they are on, i.e. if Bob is on red, the name Bob would be in red. Sadly for this we'd have to check the game type to see if its a FFA gametype. Which we did with STL in 1.08 using OS, for this we didnt though.

Thanks for the support.

Vadam930
March 1st, 2010, 08:37 PM
Click on Settings, then on the right under Camera, thers a button labeled SJack, click it and then press the button you want to assign to it. So yeah you can remap keys.

That's what I thought when I remapped mine to F3. It was a no go.
It showed that F3 was the new key, but when in game, I tried using F3. It didn't work. I pressed F6, and it worked.

EDIT: Also, is there a red dot or something like that included?

TEMPTii
March 2nd, 2010, 07:08 AM
Think there's a way to customize how to scroll through players? I know it would be a stupid thing to have seeing as we all require a working middle mouse scroll anyways but I play with a "Microsoft Mouse 5000" and it's scrolling is a piece of shit.

I have another mouse that I could use to scroll, but if you can that would be lovely.

Limited
March 2nd, 2010, 08:54 AM
I believe the fault of the newly mapped keys not functioning is due to the DLL. I'll have a look to see whats going on there. Remapping the change player keys (sight jack) won't be a problem either.

TROOPER
March 2nd, 2010, 03:58 PM
possible version for halo pc :iamafag:

Vadam930
March 3rd, 2010, 02:05 AM
I believe the fault of the newly mapped keys not functioning is due to the DLL. I'll have a look to see whats going on there. Remapping the change player keys (sight jack) won't be a problem either.

Thanks alot! =D

So, is there any red dot or anything of the like included?

Limited
March 3rd, 2010, 04:15 PM
possible version for halo pc :iamafag:
Just no...

Thanks alot! =D

Not planned, it it was OS we've have definitely included something, without OS it would look pretty horrible and not turn out good.

Dwood
March 3rd, 2010, 04:41 PM
Thanks alot! =D

red... dot... I'm afraid Idk what you're talking about.

Limited
March 3rd, 2010, 09:01 PM
red... dot... I'm afraid Idk what you're talking about.

Wow dwood...what has red dots and is linked with shooters, gun sights, sight jacker, he litterally means put a red dot on the screen. It's used as a reticle in sight jacking so you can tell where they are looking.

Dwood
March 3rd, 2010, 09:16 PM
O lol ok.

Vadam930
March 22nd, 2010, 01:10 AM
Just popping by! =)

Any updates on this?

sevlag
April 24th, 2010, 10:10 AM
so tried it out finally, F7 not working for me, first time i started it up game exceptioned...

anonnymous
May 27th, 2010, 02:10 PM
I only found one problem and that is that I can't change the hotkeys to the numpad, it comes up with "numpad# not found".

And it would be nice if you guys could put in the "red dot", but if you can't it still works great.

Besides that it only ecept on me once and thats when I changed the view to zoom out, it hit 90 then I got ecept out.

anonnymous
May 29th, 2010, 07:00 PM
(sorry for double post ) Ok for some reason it ecepts me.. ok what happens is that I click f6( sightjack ) and it go's on me but the camera won't move, I myself will move and see me with the camera in a fixed spot and I can't click out and can't chgange to some one else, so I quit server then it ecepts me.. I've also tried to die then when I respawned AGAIN camera in a fixed position and when I quit ecepts me. So far this has happened twice on the same day no more then a hour apart. I would tell you what I did but I really didn't do anything I just used it and it ecept me. So it could be just a glitch in it or a bug but if u can figure out why, it would help alot. Ohh and I love it how if the person dies it will go back to them when they spawn, great work guys and I hope this will help in someway( even though I don't know the combanations I clicked to make it ecept ).

Ro0ster
May 30th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Scroll the scroll wheel up or down to change who you are spectating.

anonnymous
May 31st, 2010, 12:46 PM
Duh... what im saying is that when I click f6 it sj me but when I move the camera stays where it was when I clicked f6, and it wont let me change players or let me turn it off.

Vadam930
June 5th, 2010, 05:27 AM
Did Limited die? =(

anonnymous
June 5th, 2010, 01:37 PM
I know been like 2 weeks... and it has been freezing like that at least once a day on me.

ShadowSpartan
June 5th, 2010, 03:02 PM
how rude. :hellface:
It looks like you haven't changed at all (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20372&p=515081&viewfull=1#post515081), making useless posts and talking bad about respected community members yet again.

I know been like 2 weeks... and it has been freezing like that at least once a day on me.
Believe it or not, people have real lives outside of this forum. If it is really that important, try private messaging skyline or limited.

Limited
June 5th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Who exactly is this incompetent imbecile Shock120? I have yet to see you post anything worth while. You seem like the kind of guy who lurks in the shadows, every once in a while spewing some random garbage about some project, completely disregarding the fact no one values him, at all.

The project was put on the backburner, things in life became very important and controlled every single second, it is nearly all over. Plus I have other projects I am commited on, Halo is an ancient game, I love it still but its lost that wow factor and the sense of urgency in the projects has been lost.

Vadam930
June 6th, 2010, 06:51 AM
No problem, Limited. I understand completely, I'm just a little ignorant; used to faster-paced forums. It was kinda three months until you posted. =P

No rush, I guess.

Also, awesome how you got 1170 kills in the Beta! ;)

anonnymous
June 6th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Well all I would like too know is: why is it freezing on me? I even took a vid once to show you guys if you want?

sevlag
June 6th, 2010, 04:22 PM
limited, if/when you get around to it, mind allowing the camera to be moved in/out left/rigth like BB's old app

other than that 2.0 is great and it servers well for catching cheaters and just playing with an over the shoulder camera

Limited
June 6th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Well all I would like too know is: why is it freezing on me? I even took a vid once to show you guys if you want?
Define freezing because that can mean alot. Your PC locks up, Halo freezes but doesnt crash. Halo crashes completely.

limited, if/when you get around to it, mind allowing the camera to be moved in/out left/right like BB's old app

other than that 2.0 is great and it servers well for catching cheaters and just playing with an over the shoulder camera
Do you mean first person camera, like moving the actual gun instead of camera, or third person? Because third person is done.

The reason we never did any of the weapon placement was because OS was imminent and Korn said it would contain the Yelo stuff.

anonnymous
June 7th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Ok the camera freezes when I click f6(sjack) like its sjacking me but I can't click out or change ppl, then I move forward and I see my self in like a third person view but I can walk around and every thing but the camera is frozzen where I clicked f6... I really didn't wan't to show the vid but if u like I will... because I won't be anonnymous if I did xD.

Ohh and if I quit server either it fixs it or it exceptions on me.

anonnymous
June 10th, 2010, 09:47 AM
**Update** Umm it seems that if I quit server right when it does it it fix's it, but if I wait for a little while then leave it exceptions on me.