PDA

View Full Version : HaloCE Dedicated server ports not forwarding.

blazer9131
February 22nd, 2010, 05:49 PM
Hey,

I have a .bat setup as follows:

haloceded.exe -port 6578 -exec init.txt -cpu 1

Before I begin, I want to state that I do -know- what I'm doing, and I have had this server up in the past before.

So, I had this server up and running (full most of the time too) 3-4 months ago. Now, whenever I run it, it starts up like normal, and the normal "server running <map> 0/16" prints every 5 seconds or whatever. However, when I try to join it, it keeps saying either "Negotiating connection" or "joining game ip:random port" where random port is a.. random port, not the port specified in my .bat. My brother is able to connect, but by direct IP only (Same network). I asked a few of my friends to join by direct ip/port, but they were unable to. I checked if the port visible, and apparently, uTorrent and seemyport.com say it's not open. The server PC has DMZ enabled, since I host a whole ton of stuff on there.. All my other servers ports work fine, uTorrent's port works (41241) my FTP server port works fine (8811, 21 is blocked by my ISP) HTTP server port works (9131, again 80/8080 blocked by ISP). All my friends (outside of my network) are able to connect to FTP and HTTP. Just the halo ports do not work. I have tried launching the exe alone, and still nothing.. Different ports won't work either.

(software firewalls are letting haloceded.exe accept and transmit all network connections as well)
Anyone know what's going on?

I tried using haloceded.exe v1.0.0.6, v1.0.7 and v1.0.8 v1.0.9.. (I think those are correct)

I'm on Win7 btw. lol
Thanks.

Vicky
February 22nd, 2010, 10:00 PM
Join the club! I've mentioned this months ago already, to gamespy, and even to sawnose, they claimed nothing changed that much so 'it has to be some local issue'... right.. i was always able to host any halo server but since about october last year something changed; way more less server queries, normal was like 10 every 10 secs, turned to 2 every 10 mins at most, ppl aren't able to join anymore, i even let someone verify that the game was trying to connect to the right ip&port, it wasn't, not the right ip and not the right port. I still think it's a gamespy issue b/c it happened before the 1.09 update.

Enjoy!

(I wonder if this is an outside of USA issue)

Cortexian
February 23rd, 2010, 04:48 AM
You're trying to join the game from the same PC you're running the dedicated server on? I always found that simply bumping your ports +1 in the games network settings fixed this, example: change server 2302 - 2303 and client 2303 - 2304 in your Halo > Settings > Network Setup area.

Recently I just join via direct IP to my own machine (localhost:2302 isn't that hard to remember or type in) when hosting a server for testing purposes but I just tried launching a dedicated server and joining it via Multiplayer > Internet, showed up and I connected just fine. I'm in Canada, running the client and dedicated server on the same PC, and have ports 2302-2304 forwarded correctly in my router.

Something must have changed on your end because I'm running version 1.09 and it's working just peachy.

So to clarify, my server is running on port 2302 and my Halo > Settings > Network Setup ports are as follows:
Server: 2303
Client: 2304

I believe it has something to do with the fact that if you don't change the server port in your client and you have a dedicated server running on the same machine you run into conflicts.

Vicky
February 23rd, 2010, 06:51 AM
Don't think anyone mentioned hosting and playing on the same pc, which shouldn't be a problem b/c it's local anyway.

Anywho, if you can host normally.. does your router have leds and can you see how often (roughly) your server is queried when there's no players on your server?

blazer9131
February 23rd, 2010, 10:04 PM
No, sadly my router's a piece of.. crap. hah.

I'm not trying to join locally. Just to test, I tried, but I can't. Lmao. xD Same bullshit, but instead of the external IP, it's the local 192 IP.. >.<'

I'm glad it's not my routers fault. haha.

Vicky
February 24th, 2010, 07:23 AM
That question was actually for Freelancer b/c he can host, you could also look at the network activity in the taskbar. Used to be lit up all the time, also without players, now it hardly ever goes on...

blazer9131
February 24th, 2010, 09:13 PM
I have BWMonitor Pro installed on my PC, and there's very little, if any Upload/Download for that process when I host.. =(

Cortexian
February 25th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Looking at the LED's on my router won't help much since my PC and server are almost always downloading/uploading something or other... If your router has ports 80 and 2302/2303+whatever else you set your server to run on forwarded and you're still experiencing issues, it makes me think that it's either a problem with the firewalls on your computers or some kind of conflict with your ISP and Gamespy.

Vicky
February 26th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Well i doubt everyone having trouble with this is having the same ISP so i think gamespy is probably the culprit :P