PDA

View Full Version : CMT Sparrowhawk Camera?

February 23rd, 2010, 11:19 AM
I've been messing with the sparrowhawk tags recently, but I have issues with the camera right now. It keeps sticking to the left side slightly, and I cannot control it ingame at all due to this. (Basically, stuck turning in infinite circles thanks to the camera forcing itself to go left at the same amount all the time.)

Is there any way of making it have normal, circular aiming rather than being locked to the left? It's impossible to control with it the way it is. (I tried duplicating the NPelican's camera setup, but it doesn't seem to affect the camera constantly going left.)

Higuy
February 23rd, 2010, 02:23 PM
Use a different camera track?

February 23rd, 2010, 03:37 PM
I've tried to use the airplane_large_loose track, as well as the warthog camera track. No real results there to speak of. I have a feeling it has something to do with the camera nodes, but that's just my hunch on the matter. I'm gonna try some other camera tracks, but I honestly doubt it'll change anything. The view seems to be locked to the left no matter what.

kid908
February 23rd, 2010, 07:54 PM
Make a copy, and change the name of the node in that tag associated with the camera to something in the gbx model tag.

laghing_rabt
February 23rd, 2010, 08:54 PM
I'm having similar problems mines too loose and too high. I can't accsess any of the instances in gurrilla though.

February 24th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Make a copy, and change the name of the node in that tag associated with the camera to something in the gbx model tag.

Tried that, didn't work.

laghing_rabt
February 24th, 2010, 04:00 PM
well if you can fuigure it out, can you tell me what you did?

Inferno
February 24th, 2010, 04:09 PM
I'm pretty sure I know whats wrong. Someone send me the tag on xfire and I'll check it out.

S3anyBoy
February 24th, 2010, 04:12 PM
http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20523&p=516650&viewfull=1#post516650

February 24th, 2010, 04:36 PM
I'm pretty sure I know whats wrong. Someone send me the tag on xfire and I'll check it out.

Alright, I'll get it archived tonight and send it your way. Hopefully you have more success than I do.

Also, S3anyboy, I don't think that your method will work. The left and right axes are locked in place on the control setup, and changing the rotation of the node won't change how it functions in the end as it is.

nuttyyayap
February 25th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Open the GBXMODEL tag in kornman00's guerilla, then find the camera marker, and turn the "X" numbers to 0
I know it works because it's what i did

February 26th, 2010, 01:09 AM
I've already tried that. It does not work. You must have done something else.

DarkHalo003
March 4th, 2010, 09:57 PM
I'm using the Sparrowhawk in an SP mod soon and eventually plan on releasing the final version of what I got from my own tweakings.

Use the airplane_large_tight camera tracks (probably find it in Coldsnap or Extinction) and Kestrel physics, as well as the lagsparrowhawk vehicle tag as a base.