PDA

View Full Version : UI within my map? Splash screens? Postgame screens?

goye2cz
February 27th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Hey there. I'm interested in making a custom UI for within my map. I've found several UI creation tutorials but from what I can see, they simply cover making a UI for the game itself (ui.map) I like the way maps like Revelations have the custom splash screen and postgame screen. It's an elegant touch that I'd like to recreate in my map. I don't even know what to call it properly so it makes it hard to search for help myself. Could anyone point me in the right direction or suggest tutorials?

Thanks.

ThePlague
February 27th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Actually, all you need to do is change the bitmap for the postgame screen with one you want in guerilla.

jcap
February 27th, 2010, 12:56 PM
All of the UI tutorials actually apply to singleplayer and multiplayer maps. The reason is because when you run Tool to compile a map, it WILL compile the tags\ui resources into the map as well. There are some minor differences, but those are mostly the lack of an actual main menu screen, the multiplayer screen and all of its subsequent screens, and campaign selection (just to name a few).

Timo
February 27th, 2010, 04:05 PM
To change the loading screen you need to overwrite loading.bitmap in ui\shell\bitmaps, I'm pretty sure that's where it is. You'll also need to edit its reference in bitmaps.map, which is where it's normally pulled from. Masters put up a tutorial here a while ago on editing bitmaps.map, a quick search should bring it up.

chrisk123999
February 27th, 2010, 04:06 PM
The edited bitmaps.map is also on Halomaps.

Dwood
February 27th, 2010, 04:06 PM
To change the loading screen you need to overwrite loading.bitmap in ui\shell\bitmaps, I'm pretty sure that's where it is. You'll also need to edit its reference in bitmaps.map, which is where it's normally pulled from. Masters put up a tutorial here a while ago on editing bitmaps.map, a quick search should bring it up.

Too bad the search doesn't go further back than the last time it was installed.

Timo
February 27th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Too bad the search doesn't go further back than the last time it was installed.

Searching for a term within a forum seems to work fine? http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1304&highlight=bitmaps

Dwood
February 27th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Searching for a term within a forum seems to work fine? http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1304&highlight=bitmaps

They must have fixed that then. About time.

goye2cz
March 3rd, 2010, 01:28 AM
Excellent help people. I've got my splash screens working and I'll get to the UI when I have time. Thank you.