PDA

View Full Version : Yet more problems with Vista

Roostervier
April 26th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Well, in the file browser, I cannot find some of my files. Like in my data folder for instance, only 3 folders show up. If I look in guerilla however, more are there. This happens alot, in 3dsmax as well. Anyone know how to change a setting to get it to work? It usually happens when I extract something.

Cortexian
April 27th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Sounds like you just didn't install everything, there should only be 3 folders in data btw. Your either looking in the wrong spot, or you misplaced some files.

Roostervier
April 27th, 2007, 01:08 PM
No, I am not. In fact, I just used tool to make one of my maps. It doesn't show up in the file browser, but if I look with kornman00's file browser, I can see my map. I don't think I'm looking in the wrong location or misplacing files.

Cortexian
April 27th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Yea, that just sounds like the HEK is not installed properly. If tool can't see it, but Kornman00's can, that's obviously the HEK's problem.

TheGhost
April 28th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Are you sure you're looking correctly in either data or tags? Data only has three folder by default: cinematics, levels, and sky. In your tags folder, you see all of the tags folders, including weapons and vehicles and all of that fun stuff.

jcap
April 28th, 2007, 05:13 PM
You're probably browsing the VirtualStore. Either take ownership of the entire Halo Custom Edition directory and all subdirectories and files, or run every single program with administrative rights.

Roostervier
April 28th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Jcaps sounds the rightest of them all. I found a button called compatibility files, or something similar, that let me view them in windows explorer, but I still can't see it when I'm in 3ds :(. Thanks for the help.

Snaver
April 29th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Try running 3dsmax with administrator privileges, that may be the reason you aren't seeing certain files/folders.

Zeph
April 30th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Disabling UAC will also eliminate any problems with programs not having rights to create objects. Sometimes, UAC doesn't ask you for everything, such as with the instalation of versions 7 and 8 of Max (haven't tried 9, dont have a license). It has problems trying to create registry entries, but UAC doesn't ask if you want to continue.

Roostervier
April 30th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Actually, it is always run as administrator. That is why I can't see it. See, if I use photoshop how ever, I don't use it as admin, and I can see those files. For the browser, all I have to do is click "Compatibility files." I know that running without admin is how to fix it because when I changed kornman00 v2 to admin, I could no longer see the folders extracted by HEK+. When I took admin off, I could see them again. The only problem now is that max has to run as admin on my comp, even if I take it off it treats it just the same. How do I turn UAC off, btw? Thanks for the help.