PDA

View Full Version : Cutscenes

Higuy
March 1st, 2010, 06:12 PM
Hi, I'd like to know how to do a few things with cutscenes. I know how to script them regularly, but theres a few things I'd like to do with my cutscene. One would be how to fade in/out from black. The other thing I'd like to know how to do is "switch" to different camera points, rather then it just moving to the next camera point. (if you know what I mean.. kinda hard to explain)

One other thing, I can see the player spawn in my ctuscene, I guess I 'll just have to move him, correct? And there's also been a wierd glitch since I implemented the cutscene; I have 3 weapons to switch around with. Theres a pistol, AR, and another AR. Kinda wierd.

Help is greatly apperciated.

seanthelawn
March 1st, 2010, 06:41 PM
To fade in/out from black, use these commands:

(fade_in <real> <real> <real> <short>)

and

(fade_out <real> <real> <real> <short>)

That's explained more in-depth in this tutorial (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2231) I think. Actually, I think most of what you need is in that tutorial. Not sure what to say about your 3-weapon problem, that's really weird.

Higuy
March 1st, 2010, 06:44 PM
Thanks, should of looked up that tutorial first :downs:

I'll come back here if I need any more help.

oh and, is the <real> the rgb color values? and the short the time it takes?

seanthelawn
March 1st, 2010, 06:52 PM
I believe so, can't say for sure because it's been a while since I've done any cutscene scripting.

Also I was thinking about your weapon problem, and could it possibly be a different gun with the AR fp model/animations? I had a problem like that once, I had a sentinel-like enemy that had a weapon that was just an edited AR, so when it died I picked up the weapon and thought it was another Assault Rifle.

Higuy
March 1st, 2010, 07:45 PM
Thanks, got everything to work and looks great.

Only problem is that stupid weapon problem now. I do think it has something to do with what you said though; the ammo dosen't go to it when i pick up ammo... I still find it odd however that im spawning with 3 weapons when 2 is only set.

DarkHalo003
March 2nd, 2010, 08:35 PM
Do the bipeds have weapons in the biped tags? If so, then you're most likely picking up their version of the weapon as opposed to what you have.

Higuy
March 3rd, 2010, 05:32 PM
Ok, what the hell. The 2 assault rifles are exactly the same, tested it with getting ammo and yelo battery (changed the fov for 1 gun, switched for the other one as well...)

This is getting weird :gonk:

Inferno
March 3rd, 2010, 05:40 PM
One other thing, I can see the player spawn in my ctuscene, I guess I 'll just have to move him, correct? And there's also been a wierd glitch since I implemented the cutscene; I have 3 weapons to switch around with. Theres a pistol, AR, and another AR. Kinda wierd.

Set the time between the 2 camera to 0 or 1 tick and it will just "switch".

Example: This is a snipit of the epsilon SP opening cut scene.

(script startup "mission_start"
(switch_bsp 0)
(sound_looping_start sound\music\x20_music\x20_music_3 none 1)
(fade_in 0 0 0 150)
(object_create epsilon_chip)
(object_create george)
(camera_control 1)
(camera_set c_panel_opener 1)
(sleep 150)
(camera_set c_panel_camera_2 150)
(sleep 125)
(sound_impulse_start levels\epsilon\sound\impulse\beep diag_a 1)
(object_create diag_a)
(sleep 100)
(camera_set c_panel_camera_1 1)
(custom_animation george "cinematics\animations\crewmen\epsilon\epsilon" crewmen-type 0)
(sleep 99)
(camera_set c_panel_camera_2 150)
(sleep 125)
(object_destroy diag_a)
(sound_impulse_start levels\epsilon\sound\impulse\bloop diag_b 1)
(object_create diag_b)
(sleep 100)
(camera_set c_panel_camera_3 1)
(custom_animation george "cinematics\animations\crewmen\epsilon\epsilon" crewmen-unplug 0)
(sleep 17)
(objects_attach george "right hand" epsilon_chip none)
(sleep 70)
(object_destroy epsilon_chip)
(sleep 15)

Higuy
March 3rd, 2010, 07:59 PM
Yeah I got that thanks though :p

still got that weapon problem though.. :(

JackalStomper
March 4th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Check the scripts, maybe at some point somewhere the game is giving the player equipment again after getting it already. Also check them to make sure whenever it gives it to the player in the first place it's replacing what the player already has.

S3anyBoy
March 4th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Check the scripts, maybe at some point somewhere the game is giving the player equipment again after getting it already. Also check them to make sure whenever it gives it to the player in the first place it's replacing what the player already has.
Also, whenever you do replace the players weapons, it can't delete the one the player has out already.
So if I have an AR, and the script tried to give me an AR+Pistol by replacing my weapons, it'll get rid of any secondary I have, but I'll still have an extra AR, which is probably what's happening.