PDA

View Full Version : CMT's stuff (please read. Hear me out before getting pissed)

Arlioz
March 1st, 2010, 09:10 PM
I am (was) a big fan of CMT's stuff. but what happened to all their work?

I'm asking now, Althoug i'm new, Please, for the sake of those who waited, so longfor the SPV2 to let out a few of your betas. I've found a few of the levels. they're AMAZING, from what ive seen. I need a fe more tho. I wanna see D40 and B40 the most (assault on control room and MAW)

I'm sorry for how you guys went, but for many or us who're kinda depressed cause you and many of your friends (Half our athletics and like every nerd in our school) who all have Custom edition have waited for since before i knew half of 'em.

Please, don't let about 200 people i know down. it would be like killing a puppy. you would make guys kinda freak and hot gamer chicks cry.

I dunno how many people like your work, but I can estimate like what 500,00 max people wanted to see CMT stuff. Don't let us down anymore, please realease what you have and we'll be at peace. A few Die hard people on their Death beads will say "Custom mapping team... SPV2... only thing in my life that i missed" and die. Don't let that happen. a friend of mine, actually has cancer, and wanted me to find some stuf for him to play. he's in an uncomfortable stage. Blood transfusions and Marrow surgury. Leukimia. I've gone to backwater scources, seen evil things, slandring CMT. but i got some Betas. now, i'm impressed, and even more DEPRESSED. don't let my buddy die w/o CMT spv2 or Armored core the fourteenth (the latter you can't help me with LOL). it's all he has in recooperation. I wanna see David Helped.

Arlioz
March 1st, 2010, 09:11 PM
Please don't get mad. Please listen, this has been important to me for a year now...

Limited
March 1st, 2010, 09:24 PM
Would this count?
0xBs0JZ5124

ShadowSpartan
March 1st, 2010, 09:30 PM
A few Die hard people on their Death beads will say "Custom mapping team... SPV2... only thing in my life that i missed" and die.
If that is what a person is thinking on their deathbed, then that is very unfortunate. Obviously they had no life whatsoever.

FRain
March 1st, 2010, 09:31 PM
Go outside. I hear there are these mutants called women out there.

sdavis117
March 1st, 2010, 09:36 PM
I dunno how many people like your work, but I can estimate like what 500,00 max people wanted to see CMT stuff.

like what 500,00 max people

What?

Limited
March 1st, 2010, 09:42 PM
I feel bad for you and your friend. One of my best friends has had cancer 3 times in his life, it just came back (3rd time), thankfully they caught it early pretty much out of the blue too. Hes been through the wars and hes only 22, been through so much in his life you wouldnt wish it on anyone.

I know what its like to lose a friend, my best friend in school died, he had a hole in his heart, at the time I was only in year 9, so I didnt understand everything medically, but what tears me up inside is the fact he must have known he had a heart issue, yet never wanted to tell me about it :(. I never even got a chance to say goodbye.

As for asking for the maps, it might be what your friend thinks he wants, truthfully, deep down does he really? Obviously we don't know how bad he is, but by the sounds of your post its like everyone has given up, never give up.

Donut
March 1st, 2010, 09:53 PM
not to sound cynical, and i mean no disrespect to you or your friend, but bringing your real life (with what i assume is terminal cancer) friend into a request for CMT stuff seems kind of huge. like, if i was going to lose a friend, i wouldnt use him to try to persuade people to continue a dead mod project.

it just seems like youre feeding us a sob story because you didnt get to see CMT's mod finished.

Dwood
March 1st, 2010, 10:01 PM
Like that one kid that asked for h2v a while back. Cept he wasnt trolling.

jcap
March 1st, 2010, 10:03 PM
Sorry, but you'd have better luck asking Bungie for a beta of Reach than you do asking a defunct map team to finish their project...

teaversa
March 1st, 2010, 10:43 PM
While I admit this guy sounds like an idiot, i kinda wish this would happen.....

Obviously SPV2 isnt going to ever happen, thats just fact....but i have seen videos of some of the other SPV2 levels other than the beta A10 level that was released.

Im not gonna lie, it would be pretty cool if they would release some of the other levels they worked on for the SPV2 campaign, even if they're not finished.

Kalub
March 2nd, 2010, 01:14 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, if you have people waiting for spv2 you might want to let them know that they are living a lie.

Y'all niggas posting in a troll thread

ThePlague
March 2nd, 2010, 01:18 AM
Smells like a troll to me, but if it isn't i'm obligated to say sorry meaningfully.

CMT should open source their stuff, and not only what lag released. Now that they're a dead team, they can release stuff. I wouldn't see why they wouldn't, all it is is collecting dust on their HDDs. If their stuff is released, all of their stuff, then their mod might actually live on longer than now. More people will recognize what they actually did for the community, instead of what they didn't. Less people will be let down, and the community won't die as fast if their stuff was released. I can see it now, teams being formed to try and finish SPV2. The reason I can see that happen is because it is what it is. Even though it wouldn't be made by CMT, it would still be a part of it, and have an added twist and new things added. In the long run, releasing everything, including the unfinished levels, would be a good idea.

n00b1n8R
March 2nd, 2010, 01:24 AM
I'd love to see a release of the last or best (or any) beta builds) but I'm not getting my hopes up vOv

ps. OP gave me a chuckle.

Kornman00
March 2nd, 2010, 02:57 AM
This thread:

What the hell?

annihilation
March 2nd, 2010, 03:55 AM
Option 1) Pay CMT to finish it. (although I doubt they would do it)

Option2) Help your friend find another dying wish.

rossmum
March 2nd, 2010, 05:19 AM
not to sound cynical, and i mean no disrespect to you or your friend, but bringing your real life (with what i assume is terminal cancer) friend into a request for CMT stuff seems kind of huge. like, if i was going to lose a friend, i wouldnt use him to try to persuade people to continue a dead mod project.

it just seems like youre feeding us a sob story because you didnt get to see CMT's mod finished.
this

plus you could do a lot better than cmt in regards to mods to obsess over

S3anyBoy
March 2nd, 2010, 06:12 AM
2/10

Arlioz
March 8th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Sorry, I was kinda tosted, but yeah, David's dissapointed, but i really don't think he cares much about halo compared to his girlfriend and his other friends just simply being there. Good sob story eh? He plays halo, (don't even ask, he's one of those who changes his name every game...) but it's not that important. okay, what i meant about the big number was a lot of people. I dunno how many really were anticipating it, so i wrote a huge number. Who knows, someone may make a better campaign. turns out they're releaseing some stuff anyway, supposedly.

Arlioz
March 8th, 2010, 08:56 PM
sorry kornman. I was on some Jager... a little too much...

Arlioz
March 8th, 2010, 08:57 PM
um, yeah, sorry, he doesn't really care that much. i wasn't in the right mood. a little drunk.

Arlioz
March 8th, 2010, 08:59 PM
I am retarded. I should stay away from internet while dazed...

SnaFuBAR
March 9th, 2010, 11:01 PM
this thread sucks.