PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer bot that will fight you...

Arlioz
March 8th, 2010, 08:48 PM
I've been trying to find some kind of AI bot that will play autonomously as a real player and would play on one of the teams, at least on your server. I wanna play against an AI on maps that have no AI. I would even use him in Free for all so there was some kind of challange player, or in Team slayer, people against multiple AI bots. Does anything do that? please tell me, cause i'm really hoping for a cool non-player cnaracter loadable to whatever game i'm hosting.

Ifafudafi
March 8th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Nope not really

AI doesn't work online, for various reasons; while I'll bet somebody took a stab at it using OS, I doubt that's gone anywhere.

Maniac
March 8th, 2010, 08:55 PM
So you want to play against an AI who would do pretty much the same as another real player, in a multiplayer map?
Play against people in multiplayer?
Does it not amount to the same thing?

Arlioz
March 8th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Well, i wanted to be able to play it, use it as a companion, even use it offline. like a bot, witout being a bot. Hey, either of you, do you know how to get open sauce to work right???

Maniac
March 8th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Not sure about this but:
put your left hand (right if you are left handed) on the jar
put your right hand on the lid (left if you are left handed) on the lid
turn counter/anticlockwise with your right hand (left if you are left handed)
you have opened the sauce

if you find this is not working, try using your legs to clamp the jar and use both hands on the lid.

sleepy1212
March 9th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Well, i wanted to be able to play it, use it as a companion, even use it offline. like a bot, witout being a bot.
I'm pretty sure that's called single player.

annihilation
March 9th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Just modify the AI.
It would be so much easier than making a bot.