PDA

View Full Version : i'm screwed (strong language)

Rob Oplawar
April 27th, 2007, 01:26 PM
I didn't want to put it in a title, but yeah, I'm totally FUCKED.

About a month ago, I wiped out on my snowboard on a nice hard patch of ice and suffered a mild concussion. A couple of weeks after that, I had a physics exam. On the day of the exam, I got up, went to a couple of classes, came back, worked on my mods for a bit, programmed a bit, worked on a logo for a bit, and then went to sleep. It never once occurred to me that I had a fucking EXAM IN PHYSICS that day, even though I had been studying for it since 3 days prior. As a result, I have failed physics and am signed up to retake it next semester. FUCK!

Yesterday I had an exam in Creative Tech (a bullshit humanities requirement, but by far the easiest class on campus). On the day of the exam, I woke up, programmed a bit, signed a lease for my apartment next semester, ran some errands, repeatedly walked back and forth in front of the room where I take the class, on which reminders for the exam were posted, and then I spent the afternoon having some fun with some fanfic. It never once occurred to me that I was about to lose 15% of the fucking credit in the easiest class ever. This morning my friend informed me that the exam only took him 15 minutes to finish. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST ON A PONY, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME?!

I swear, there must be something wrong with my brain, because how else do you explain the fact that throughout both exams I had no fucking clue what was going on, even though the day before I was thinking about nothing else? Anyway, I'm gonna play the "I've got an untreated concussion on top of a certifiably idiotic and memory disabled personality" card and hope that bails me out.

But I already know it won't work, and I'm going to get a C in a class where I really ought to be getting an EASY A, and my gpa is going to drop further, and my parents will cut me off, and I will be a certifiable college drop out. And I'm already under contract to pay $7000 to live near campus next year. Fuck me.

Random
April 27th, 2007, 02:26 PM
I doubt that a mild concussion is going to fuck you up that much. You seem to be able to remember other things, but maybe you should take extreme measures to set up reminders for yourself.

Kornman00
April 27th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Maybe your mind is wanting to forget things, or your just convincing yourself that you have a problem, thus creating the problem at hand...

Dole
April 27th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Holy shit dude... :'(

PlasbianX
April 27th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Ive been the same way since i smashed my head on a concrete wall.

n00b1n8R
April 27th, 2007, 05:08 PM
i think you forgot and your just being paranoid.

Pooky
April 27th, 2007, 06:06 PM
You Fail
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's not funny.

At all.

I've kind of been that way all my life, you just have to learn to live with it. As Random said, take extreme measures to set up reminders for yourself.

Atty
April 27th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Selective memory, something like selective hearing but more advanced.

Rob Oplawar
April 27th, 2007, 06:57 PM
oh yeah, no, i'm a forgetful dolt. i'm just gonna try and pull that concussion stuff to see if i can get my professors to let me off easy. and on top of my forgetfulness, i'm a procrastinator. i had planned on making/acquiring a simple little reminder program to run on my desktop, but i kept putting it off and eventually forgot about it. lol PUN.

Atty
April 27th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Just get Vista and use the notepad wid...gadget.

n00b1n8R
April 27th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Selective memory, something like selective hearing but more advanced.

mines terminal http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-saddowns.gif

rossmum
April 27th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Sounds a lot like me, I write reminders and think constantly about something, but when it comes to it I completely forget. Usually I get my parents to remind me about tests and such, but I'm constantly worried I've forgotten something really important :|

Con
April 27th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Ugh, and I thought I was forgetful... Sorry man, hope your professors will give you a break.

Emmzee
April 27th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Damn, dude. Even I'm not that bad...

SnaFuBAR
April 27th, 2007, 11:57 PM
it's absolutely the concussion. i was caught in a concussion blast which knocked me unconcious. after that, i couldn't remember what year it was for about a week. that was a year and a half ago. to this day, i have trouble remembering what day it is.

itszutak
April 28th, 2007, 02:13 AM
I have a memory problem too, but my parents just think I'm not paying attention :/

In fact, just now, I realized I left all my music (oboe) at home, and I'm miles away. SHIT.

And I know I'm going to come home to my pissed-off parents, just like EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME I leave the fucking house.

I'm really sick of it.

Really.

Pooky
April 28th, 2007, 10:52 AM
I have a memory problem too, but my parents just think I'm not paying attention :/

In fact, just now, I realized I left all my music (oboe) at home, and I'm miles away. SHIT.

And I know I'm going to come home to my pissed-off parents, just like EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME I leave the fucking house.

I'm really sick of it.

Really.

:(

I know how you feel

Bad Waffle
April 28th, 2007, 11:29 AM
me and my bro were both knocked on the head as kids, and we both have shitty memory; i personally have very selective memory. I've been in the same situation with forgetting tests and crap like that once, so to your situation in general:

SHIIIT.

Emmzee
April 28th, 2007, 02:55 PM
My friend got a concussion when he was chainsawing up trees in his back yard after a hurricane a few years ago, and now he can remember the most trivial things, but has to write down everything important or he forgets.

Concussions fuck you up. I'm just glad I haven't gotten any yet. *knocks on wood*

Kornman00
April 28th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Concussions fuck you up. I'm just glad I haven't gotten any yet. *knocks on wood*
*wood falls on head and Emmzee gets a concussion*

I once fell out the back of a jeep (I think it was going about 20mph?) and banged the back of my head on the road a couple of times while I was bouncing up and down...that hurt but I still retain my photographic memory :eyesroll:

Hotrod
April 28th, 2007, 03:19 PM
I actually have really good memory, but I've never had a concussion or something like that before (now that I think about it, I've never even broken a bone or anything like that). I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you, I hope everything turns out well.

mR_r0b0to
April 28th, 2007, 03:29 PM
As far as I remember, I've never had anything hit my head so hard, except for the occasional "I bumped my head lollolllol."
But I'm still forgetful :(

SnaFuBAR
April 28th, 2007, 03:43 PM
ever since my incident, i can't take naps during the day, because when i wake up, i don't know what day it is. i have to check my phone or computer.

m13120
April 28th, 2007, 04:43 PM
I still retain my photographic memory :eyesroll:

:picsorstfu:

SMASH
April 28th, 2007, 05:06 PM
I once fell out the back of a jeep (I think it was going about 20mph?) and banged the back of my head on the road a couple of times while I was bouncing up and down...that hurt but I still retain my photographic memory :eyesroll:

WTF? How do you just fall out of a jeep? Well, +rep for you. Anyways, I'm forgetful as well but I'm not too bad. I forget about HW and random stuff like pencils on my way to school, but I've gotten better. My parents used to make me (when I was like 8) write a list of things I had to do so I didn't forget.

I blame it on this time I fell on a gravel road and got a rock stuck in my forehead, and I was gushing blood. Well, it wasn't stuck, but it stayed there even when I got up, and this was when I was first learning to walk so it may have messed me up. I am smart but I'm lazy and very impatient... maybe just my personality.

ExAm
April 28th, 2007, 06:34 PM
it's absolutely the concussion. i was caught in a concussion blast which knocked me unconcious. after that, i couldn't remember what year it was for about a week. that was a year and a half ago. to this day, i have trouble remembering what day it is.How did you get caught in a concussive blast?

I_Am_Error117
April 28th, 2007, 06:44 PM
I would stay away from the comp for a while and go out and have some fun. The other day though, I took a dive off a one foot wall.................head rirst, hit a tree on the way down, smashed a innocent bush, hit the sprinkaler system did a flip and landed on my feet, but I had what looked like EMO cuts all the way from my ankle to 4 in away from my crotch, I also cut up my face, and chest but not my arms 0_o. It was fun.

Rob Oplawar
April 28th, 2007, 07:00 PM
heh, i'll hijack my own thread to turn it into the KO thread: post stories about any time you've been knocked out.

first time for me was just before my black belt testing- in order to qualify to test, you had do do something known as "the wall," which was 12 minutes non-stop of full-contact sparring. 4 of my instructors basically took 1 minute turns beating me up for 12 minutes, and in the second to last round my instructor nailed me in the temple with a butterfly kick/tornado kick/540 kick/whatever they call it these days. I was only out for a second or two, but i woke up staring at the ceiling, my instructor still in a sparring stance, telling me to get up.

i passed, btw. =)

SMASH
April 28th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Ha, yea, black belt testings are always fun. I started in karate when I was about 5 and by 13 I tested for my black belt. Luckly, that would be called child abuse if my sensei beat the crap out of me but I was tackled by a big black sensei. That was the extent of my beats then.

rossmum
April 28th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Don't think I've ever been knocked out, I feel so alone :saddowns:

ExAm
April 28th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Neither have I. I don't even know what "knocked out" would feel like. Is it like sleep, or something?

SnaFuBAR
April 29th, 2007, 03:01 AM
no, it's not at all like sleep. it is just a blank lapse in time. no memory, nothing. just however long you're out, you're out. oh, and it was some pressurized, sealed photo equipment that exploded 10 feet away from me. destroyed a lot of stuff in my kitchen.

it was not awesome :saddowns:

ExAm
April 29th, 2007, 03:19 AM
Photo equipment exploded with enough force to knock you out?

Teroh
April 29th, 2007, 03:30 AM
As far as I remember, I've never had anything hit my head so hard, except for the occasional "I bumped my head lollolllol."
But I'm still forgetful :(
As am I.

Also, never been knocked out before.
All I've done was break my middle finger, a couple years later break my wrist, and a couple years later break the other one. :lol:

Kornman00
April 29th, 2007, 05:53 AM
no, it's not at all like sleep. it is just a blank lapse in time. no memory, nothing. just however long you're out, you're out. oh, and it was some pressurized, sealed photo equipment that exploded 10 feet away from me. destroyed a lot of stuff in my kitchen.

iawtp.

I once lost conciseness while riding on a tube that was attached to a boat (out of the blue you know, CNS decided to take a few hours off). Last thing I remember is saying "shit" feeling my whole body shut down then just falling forward into the two other people on the other side of the raft (it was about 4 or 5ft wide I think). I wasn't wearing my glasses (after much persuasion from my friend's dad who was driving the boat) so the last thing I remember SEEING is the blur of the side of a raft and water before I smacked into it (not sure how fast the boat was going, and by the time I had said "shit" all feeling in my body was gone. elvis had left the building).
The next thing I knew, I'm in a ambulance with one of those pure O2 masks on which I DID not like subconsciously as I was trying to take it off in my "sleep" it turns out :S. I didn't fully come to or open my eyes AFAIR until they go me into the emergency room >_>.
MRI of my brain and I guess blood turned out to be okeydokey...

EDIT: The doctor's synopses? Heat stroke. Yeah. right.

rossmum
April 29th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Closest I ever came was on an excessively hot day when I'd been standing in full sun for about 20 minutes at school. My vision faded and then went out (nothing unusual for me, I suffer migraine blindness)... but then my hearing began to fade and the blindness was getting worse. Felt dizzy and kinda sick, got to the point where i could only just hear myself speaking before I managed to sit down. Was fine a minute or two later, though.

Kornman00
April 29th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Closest I ever came was on an excessively hot day when I'd been standing in full sun for about 20 minutes at school. My vision faded and then went out (nothing unusual for me, I suffer migraine blindness)... but then my hearing began to fade and the blindness was getting worse. Felt dizzy and kinda sick, got to the point where i could only just hear myself speaking before I managed to sit down. Was fine a minute or two later, though.
oh, that was just god upgrading your mind to XP. I suggest vista tbh.

rossmum
April 29th, 2007, 09:10 AM
but i herd it wuz buggy

I'm prone to bouts of almost-blacking-out-ness on hot days if I stand up for too long, it sucks :gonk:

mined
April 29th, 2007, 12:24 PM
but i herd it wuz buggy

I'm prone to bouts of almost-blacking-out-ness on hot days if I stand up for too long, it sucks :gonk:

Rossy needs to back away from the flat screen and get out in the fresh air more often. :D

Patrickssj6
April 29th, 2007, 12:40 PM
but i herd it wuz buggy

Have you seen the sun lately to charge some Vitamin E?:p

Holocaust is over btw tbh iawtp cause it's mine:eng101:

stalker 4589
April 29th, 2007, 03:57 PM
i blacked out for a few seconds while i was talking to rossmum on msn i ran downstairs slide along the laminated flooring and smashed my head of the wall :S.

also when i was around 7-8 my sister who is 4 years younger than me hit me in the head with the claw part of a claw hammer that knocked me out for a good hour or so i woke up in hospital with the doctors acussing my mam of child abuse

ExAm
April 29th, 2007, 04:41 PM
migraine blindnessI had that once while I was in school. A big patch of that stuff that happens when you rub your eyes too hard just kind of washed over my vision, then the left half of my body went numb. Needless to say, I went home. That's the only time i've had that part of the migraine symptoms. Normally I just get the headache and nausea.

Rob Oplawar
April 29th, 2007, 10:38 PM
i see pink christina agulera spider monsters when i get a migrane...

SnaFuBAR
April 29th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Photo equipment exploded with enough force to knock you out?

yes. the blinds were shattered, my cherrywood dinner table was thrown back, glasses shattered, etc.

Boba
April 29th, 2007, 11:19 PM

but dog you are my idol are you okay

Reaper Man
April 29th, 2007, 11:42 PM
but i herd it wuz buggy

O: Joo needs moar outside time. I is went hiking by myself, completely willingly yesterday in the... "sun" goddamn smog 0_o. I guess it beats studying. Never blacked out before, though, because I ran most of the way up the hiking trail, the buildup of lactic acid in my leg muscles almost stopped me from being able to move em, lul.

Emmzee
April 30th, 2007, 08:06 AM
O: Joo needs moar outside time.
You're forgetting he lives in upside-down land, and it's just from all the blood rushing to his head.

Also, I heard that people in Australia have to tape cinderblocks to their feet so they don't fall off the Earth. Is this true?

rossmum
May 1st, 2007, 12:49 AM
O: Joo needs moar outside time. I is went hiking by myself, completely willingly yesterday in the... "sun" goddamn smog 0_o. I guess it beats studying. Never blacked out before, though, because I ran most of the way up the hiking trail, the buildup of lactic acid in my leg muscles almost stopped me from being able to move em, lul.
Yes, I need more time out in the 40-degree-celcius heat in full sun so I can pass out and possibly get sunstroke :haw:

I spend more than enough time outside. Gosh.

You're forgetting he lives in upside-down land, and it's just from all the blood rushing to his head.

Also, I heard that people in Australia have to tape cinderblocks to their feet so they don't fall off the Earth. Is this true?
Yes. :eyesroll: