PDA

View Full Version : Reflection Maps/Bitmaps a Multicolored Mess

March 11th, 2010, 09:15 AM
My bitmaps have become a multicolored mess somehow. How would I fix this issue?

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/994/wuthx.jpg

CrAsHOvErRide
March 11th, 2010, 11:02 AM
How would I fix this issue?
]
Rename your map to disco_map.

I have never seen that problem but by the looks of it MC is also farked so it might be the rendering engine of Sapien might be failing you. Have you tried it in-game?

CodeBrain
March 11th, 2010, 11:12 AM
That or the bitmaps for most of the stuff used are corrupted.

If thats the case, try re-extracting it from a map.

March 11th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Yeah, I think it is bitmap corruption. Something to do with the HEK+ breaking the bitmaps. I guess I need to re-extract the A10 tags, which are all corrupted evidently thanks to HEK+.

Higuy
March 11th, 2010, 01:55 PM
There all corrupt, this normally happens by over-ripping things and replacing them in HEK+. This happened to me once while I was on CMT and trying to extract a few things, best not to over write anything unless you really need too tbh.

il Duce Primo
March 13th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Looks like some rasterizer bitmaps are curropted.

DEElekgolo
March 13th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Your bitmaps.map file is corrupted or it is not there.

Inferno
March 13th, 2010, 10:24 PM
It's cubemap corruption. I had the same problem once.

DarkHalo003
March 14th, 2010, 03:01 PM
If it's more simple, try reinstalling HEK. It will fix this problem. I had it once and it was only a Sapien issue.

Choking Victim
March 14th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Reinstalling the hek overwrites your tags, if anything this is a tag problem. Corrupt image data in the bitmap tag.

CrAsHOvErRide
March 14th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Lobbyist's Thread. Everything is corrupted.

Dwood
March 14th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Open the tags in Guerilla and find which ones have those artifacts on them. If anything I think you selected a compression that's different than the version the bitmap was actually compiled with in the tag.

Spartan094
March 14th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Most default h1 bitmaps are corrupted, sprouting at these pixalted black,white,purple, all this other shit and making it mess. It does it to the default cubemaps(which is why if you close some textures are fine but the cubmaps are not), and your rasterizer bitmap is screwed to hell.

Simple logic.

Also do what everybody else says, re-extract it or dont override some bitmaps if it isnt necessary.

Next time back up what you think is important.

Choking Victim
March 15th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Most default h1 bitmaps are corrupted...
No.

It's because hek+ corrupts the bitmap data by incorrectly parsing the tags.

CodeBrain
March 15th, 2010, 10:20 PM
No.

It's because hek+ corrupts the bitmap data by incorrectly parsing the tags.

Doesn't that only happen when the flag "Overwrite tags" is checked on?

t3h m00kz
March 16th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Overwriting tags would be a horrible, horrible mistake.

DarkHalo003
March 23rd, 2010, 06:28 PM
Reinstalling the hek overwrites your tags, if anything this is a tag problem. Corrupt image data in the bitmap tag.
Err, I mean I just reinstalled Sapien, Guerilla, and Tool. And none of my tags were erased, only the originals were overwritten with the originals, which coincidentally fixed the problem. If you are smart and put your newer tags that you don't want to lose in another folder outside the folders containing original content, then you won't lose your tags.

Choking Victim
March 23rd, 2010, 06:38 PM
If you are smart and put your newer tags that you don't want to lose in another folder outside the folders containing original content, then you won't lose your tags.
No shit sherlock.

Nonetheless, it's a corrupt bitmap problem...

DarkHalo003
March 24th, 2010, 07:26 PM
No shit sherlock.

Nonetheless, it's a corrupt bitmap problem...
What crawled up your ass and died? Seriously, y'all were the ones telling me it would screw over his tag set if he overwrote his ORIGINAL tagset (which would fix the problem derp). I don't see what all the bad attitude is for here. I'm giving a solution if the problem persists (it's also an immediate fixing problem).