PDA

View Full Version : Getting over limit

OpsY
March 16th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Hello, I have a question regarding how to get over the max tag space and max cache file size.

For reference, the max cache file size is said to be 128mb by tool and the tag space is 23MB - biggest BSP. Now thing is I'm pretty sure I have seen maps that are bigger than this in the past ( or atleast, bigger than the 128 MB limit); notably Blood creek and the version of A10 I currently have. Can't tell which one it is however but it is way over that 128MB. I tried compiling using Toolpro and Tool**, both would complete but gave instant exception in game.

If anyone has a way around this or tips on how to make it work, please leave a message below:)

Kalub
March 16th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Yea sure, you are just going to need the source code for the Blam! engine. No biggie, easy to come by now a days.

Obviously if you are trying to compile something that fucking huge you're the tool.

God damn... people these days.

chrisk123999
March 16th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Multi-player maps have that limit. Single Player has a different restriction (as far as I know).

shadowslayer123
March 16th, 2010, 05:51 PM
for sp, the size is bigger, up to about 400 mb. i reccomend deleting anything thats not important or not being used.

Siliconmaster
March 17th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Obviously if you are trying to compile something that fucking huge you're the tool.

*cough*Precipice*cough* :downs:

Kalub
March 17th, 2010, 12:36 AM
Point still stands. Delete your SWEET OMG HALO 3 tags and try again

Kornman00
March 17th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Or look into using Open Sauce which allows for bigger cache files and tag memory

OpsY
March 17th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Point still stands. Delete your SWEET OMG HALO 3 tags and try again

It's the BSPs that's taking most of the tag space as is. Makes sense that SP Levels have more cache room... however as far as I can tell Blood Creek is MP and is over 200mb.

Or look into using Open Sauce which allows for bigger cache files and tag memory

Thanks for the idea Kornman but I doubt I have the skill set required to mess with open sauce.

Choking Victim
March 17th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the idea Kornman but I doubt I have the skill set required to mess with open sauce.
step 1: compile map with os tool
step 2: put d3d9.dll in your CE directory
step 3: play game

Yeah sounds difficult......................................... .................................................. ...

I think korn made it as easy as possible for mappers to use OS, I don't understand why people are still intimidated by it.

OpsY
March 17th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Right, sounds simple enough. Problem is, it sounds like people will need to have this .dll aswell to play the map which is a certain concern

Choking Victim
March 17th, 2010, 11:05 AM
There's no way around that...if that's a concern, you shouldn't feel the need to compile a map over the limit. In order to make it run, you'll need the appropriate upgrades made possible with Open Sauce.

And another issue I don't understand. Why are people afraid to release maps that require the dll to be played? It opens up so many new possibilities, but people are too scared to use it. Do you think the community is too dumb to follow steps 2 and 3 in my last post? Think again...

sleepy1212
March 17th, 2010, 12:21 PM
is there a good reason not to install the dll?

Siliconmaster
March 17th, 2010, 12:48 PM
is there a good reason not to install the dll?

Using only the .dll and Halo CE, it forces you to use 1.08. However, if you have the version changer, you can make Halo think it is another version, allowing you to play on any server. So with the available tools, I believe there are no reasons against it.

sevlag
March 20th, 2010, 10:40 AM
still trying to fin d a way to bypass the limit for 6.2 i see

i could help, there is a method to bypass the limit safely

Dwood
March 20th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Use OS and version changer at the same time.

sevlag
March 20th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Use OS and version changer at the same time.

WIHTOUT using OS and version changer, its a simple simple way.