PDA

View Full Version : Can't Use Custom Bitmaps

ThePlague
March 17th, 2010, 10:39 PM
I created bitmaps, and went to create a new .shader for them, and when I go to select a new .bitmap for my shader template, it doesn't show the bitmaps I just created. But when I look for them to just open in H2Guerilla it shows them and they open up fine.

I also tried using .shaders that were already made, and copying them and such, and when I go to compile my bsp, it says it "ERROR: Unable to find" my shaders that I just made.

What the hell, seriously.

Resinball
March 18th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Sounds like multiple issues. First place to start is in your Max file.

There are two ways to reference shaders from Max. The lame way (IMO) is where you have to describe every folder by its first letter.

The method I use is to create a reference (a text file) here: ..\Halo 2 Map Editor\tags\scenarios\shaders, call it mapname.shader_collections. Inside of this text file type this: mapname scenarios\shaders\multi\mapname. Then save it and close it, now move to the directory called multi. Create a folder called mapname, put your shaders here.

Now, when you call your shaders from max, call them like this: mapname shader-name.

When it comes to .bitmap files, there are many H2V bitmaps that have a Usage Flag called UNUSED checked. While this is probably not your issue, its good to know that if this is checked the .bitmap will not appear in Sapien or H2V. Every default bitmap that you use will need to be checked for this issue.