PDA

View Full Version : Multipurpose map colour change.

Joe_King
March 18th, 2010, 06:20 AM
I have no clue how to make the colour change thing in the multipurpose. All the tutorials I found on multipurpose maps didnt include this.
So, how do I make the colour change properly? I know its something to do with the alpha.

teh lag
March 18th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Alpha channel in the multi is the CC map, despite what Guerilla's explanation would have you believe. You then set the shader_model to use a given color change channel (A B C or D), then set that channel in the biped/weapon/vehicle/whatever tag (under functions). Multiplayer colors are fixed at the 'C' channel.

Joe_King
March 19th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Yeah, but how do I make the alpha in photoshop? For example, when you open up the cyborgs multipurpose map in guerrilla and have it show the alpha. I cant for the life of me figure out how to make it.

XeBec
March 22nd, 2010, 11:09 AM
Yeah, but how do I make the alpha in photoshop? For example, when you open up the cyborgs multipurpose map in guerrilla and have it show the alpha. I cant for the life of me figure out how to make it.

You have open your image up in photoshop once that is done find where you want the light to be. then use the tools in photoshop to select where you want the light to be. click on channels and on the bottom you will see a square with a circle in the middle click that and boom theres your alpha channel. Save as a tiff run tool bitmaps, open gurilla change the bit map to explicit alpha run tool bitmaps again and your done.