PDA

View Full Version : [WIP]Halo 3 HUD

CabooseJr
April 27th, 2007, 10:55 PM
I posted on GBX and Halomods, and its about time i posted here. Its a WIP and i believe its going very well. http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/CabooseJr/snapshot20070427231100.jpg
I really would love to get this baby ingame.

CabooseJr
April 27th, 2007, 11:18 PM
i dunno, was i was thinking of was having the sniper, compass, you know the 2 on the sides, but have them horizontal.

Hunter
April 28th, 2007, 03:42 AM
i like it, but i think you need 2 put a motion tracker on there.

CabooseJr
April 28th, 2007, 08:30 AM
I dont plan on having the radar in because any other radar is fine.

Terry
April 28th, 2007, 08:37 AM
But the radar needs to be pushed in D:

CabooseJr
April 28th, 2007, 08:52 AM
but i dont think, if i get the radar in, it will work very well, i know its pushed in. but ill try my ass off.

it would be nice if somebody could tell me where to get a good radar.

Hotrod
April 28th, 2007, 03:09 PM
It looks allright I guess, but I can't stand the Halo 3 HUD so far. I hope it's just a placeholder.

It isn't a placeholder, why would they make a fully working HUD just to use as a placeholder?

I like this HUD, it looks a lot like the Halo 3 one. You might have problems putting in the third grenade icon. Keep up the good work.

BobtheGreatII
April 28th, 2007, 03:10 PM
I like this HUD, it looks a lot like the Halo 3 one. You might have problems putting in the third grenade icon. Keep up the good work.

Why? CMT did it.

CabooseJr
April 28th, 2007, 03:17 PM
3rd nade icon? of for the BR?, oh its only gonna have the frag and the plasma nade. and i edited it a lot http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/CabooseJr/largeH3HUD.jpg

Ghost Rider
April 28th, 2007, 03:36 PM
i like the way it bulges, it gives it a 3d visor effect.

CabooseJr
April 28th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Edited it to Masterz wanting http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/CabooseJr/largeH3HUDcopy.jpg

SnaFuBAR
April 28th, 2007, 04:04 PM
should be bulging the other direction...

Roostervier
April 28th, 2007, 04:05 PM
He has a point, considering that that is the top of the face plate.

CabooseJr
April 28th, 2007, 04:08 PM
what do you mean buldging the other direction.

Roostervier
April 28th, 2007, 04:16 PM
It should be going downward, not upward. Think about it, if the face plate was mostly round, then the middle would be straight-ish, the bottom would "bulge" up, and the top would "bulge" down.

CabooseJr
April 28th, 2007, 04:22 PM
it is being going downward. and i did compare it to the vid, its perfect

-£§- §age
April 28th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Good HUD, I like it, gonna be great ingame good work.;
Oh and Snafubar, stop complaining in everyone's WIPs.

Hurrvish
April 28th, 2007, 05:25 PM
criticism improves your work.

just look at svc, he never took any suggestions and now hes....

lol

Xetsuei
April 28th, 2007, 06:06 PM
criticism improves your work.

just look at svc, he never took any suggestions and now hes....a fucking failure

lol

/agree

CabooseJr
April 28th, 2007, 06:31 PM
well, it is perfect, i did compare it to a pic of the vid.

ExAm
April 28th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Looks nice. I'd hit it.

CabooseJr
April 28th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Added Radar, http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/CabooseJr/largeH3HUDv2.jpg

ExAm
April 28th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Now, let's hope it works.

bleach
April 28th, 2007, 10:14 PM
great work! Keep it up, also, i noticed something from the ammo meter for the assault rifle, it only has 32 rounds in a magazine, you have 36, that would be the battle rifle.

p0lar_bear
April 28th, 2007, 11:03 PM
The motion tracker's going to give you trouble. The motion tracker is coded to be circular, and there's nothing that can be done about it.

BobtheGreatII
April 28th, 2007, 11:09 PM
LoL, it might just have to look pretty. Oh also, are you going to add the awsome red flashing thing that it does once the shield is down. Like it looks like the red light spreads through the top of visor in the zanzibar leaked video. Pic:
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/7104/proofio6.png
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/5342/proofmm5.png

SnaFuBAR
April 28th, 2007, 11:26 PM
d'oh. long day at work. i should think less :p

p0lar_bear
April 28th, 2007, 11:39 PM
It bulges the right way.

Here's another 3-dimensional HUD (Metroid Prime):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/95/Metroidprime10101.jpg

BobtheGreatII
April 28th, 2007, 11:46 PM
It bulges the right way.

Here's another 3-dimensional HUD (Metroid Prime):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/95/Metroidprime10101.jpg

I love Phendrana Drifts, except getting the thermal visor, cause then it gets all dark and I get scared because of the metroids eating my face, and not knowing which ones will break out of the glass. LoL Anyone wanna answer my question?

BobtheGreatII
April 28th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Ha Ha, This was funny:

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5920/h3hud1mc5.png

SnaFuBAR
April 29th, 2007, 12:33 AM
d'oh! nevermind.

SnaFuBAR
April 29th, 2007, 01:25 AM
whoops i was thinking too hard, it is right hahahahahaha.

TPE
April 29th, 2007, 01:31 AM
curve it the other way and make it flash red like it does (it flashes red like that in the ammo and health) then it would kick balls

teh lag
April 29th, 2007, 06:15 AM
This actually looks like it could go somewhere, don't give up on it.

then it would kick ballsow

the1
April 29th, 2007, 06:34 AM
great work! Keep it up, also, i noticed something from the ammo meter for the assault rifle, it only has 32 rounds in a magazine, you have 36, that would be the battle rifle.
what the hell you talking about?
it has 60 rounds per mag not 32. and starts with 60

edit]
what have they done to the poor old reliable Assult Rifle
*goes and cries in a corner*

CabooseJr
April 29th, 2007, 09:13 AM
edited the bullets
http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=largeh3hudv3sb2.jpg

bleach
April 29th, 2007, 09:53 AM
what the hell you talking about?
it has 60 rounds per mag not 32. and starts with 60

edit]
what have they done to the poor old reliable Assult Rifle
*goes and cries in a corner*

halo 3 assault rifle is stronger, more accurate, a little bit more range, and less rounds in a magazine. Hey, good job so far! Hope you finish it and maybe release it?? Aaaa, i c. The assault rifle has 32 rounds on the ammo counter on itself, but on the HUD, the assault rifl ehas 36 rounds. Well, at least you can try to fit a battle rifle in.

Edward Elrich
April 29th, 2007, 10:33 AM
You should have it change its shade of blue depending on how light it is in the area you're in. (it was almost impossible to see it in that last pic, it took me about ten seconds to realize it was in there. Ingame, I'd be dead by then.)

CabooseJr
April 29th, 2007, 02:07 PM
well, im almost done now, all i need to do is just get it ingame.

I_Am_Error117
April 29th, 2007, 02:36 PM
yays, a demonstration/beta map for the public, to mess with the new hud?

CabooseJr
April 29th, 2007, 03:11 PM
i plan on releasing a test map, it will be protected.

BobtheGreatII
April 29th, 2007, 04:31 PM
curve it the other way and make it flash red like it does (it flashes red like that in the ammo and health) then it would kick balls

I already said that, go a few pages back and look at the pictures I posted.

TPE
April 30th, 2007, 07:30 PM
I already said that, go a few pages back and look at the pictures I posted.yeah i just think 2 people complaining is better than one

Syuusuke
April 30th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Hey can you make the colors...oh a bit more teal/turquoise color-ish? Or at least not that light...I don't like to focus way too much on to the HUD.

BobtheGreatII
April 30th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Those are called alphas......They will be blue ingame.

Edward Elrich
April 30th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Is that possible?

You could change the transparency, but I get the feeling that wouldn't always help...

Also, Ed - try playing through SP a little with the HUD off. You'd be dead anyway for relying on it too much, if you really want to do well you need to be able to play without really paying much attention to it. Your target's in front of you, not inside your helmet.

I've played Halo 2 with the blind skull. And yes, I did live for more than a minute at a time with it. Besides, no HUD doesn't get rid of the beeping when you have no shields (and the annoying thumping you get with one health bar left)

Xetsuei
April 30th, 2007, 10:31 PM
I've played Halo 2 with the blind skull. And yes, I did live for more than a minute at a time with it. Besides, no HUD doesn't get rid of the beeping when you have no shields (and the annoying thumping you get with one health bar left)

Wow you guys must suck. I can play easily without HUD.

BobtheGreatII
May 12th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Sorry for the kinda bump but check out the outline around the visor when it refreshes after you die, cool stuff:
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/5843/visorrefreshjpegbu3.jpg

CabooseJr
May 12th, 2007, 08:38 PM
yeah, would be nice to have that show up when you spawn.

DaaxGhost
May 13th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Hey can you make the colors...oh a bit more teal/turquoise color-ish? Or at least not that light...I don't like to focus way too much on to the HUD.

It does looks a little brighter than usual. But ti deos look like an H3 HUD.

Elite Killa
May 13th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Sorry for the kinda bump but check out the outline around the visor when it refreshes after you die, cool stuff:
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/5843/visorrefreshjpegbu3.jpg
Can that even be possible in CE?

DaaxGhost
May 13th, 2007, 06:20 PM
It looks like it is right now. in that picture it shows it in custom I think.?

Elite Killa
May 13th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Nah, that was taken in the Halo 3 beta.

DaneO'Roo
May 13th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Needs more custom stuff, quit ripping halo 3 ideas jeez, make the halo 3 HUD your own. What do you think this is.

/olol irony

"did u even read thread? he made it HIMSELF -rep"

Pred1ator nice, you obviously can't read my irony bit at the bottom either.

You just made my day, thank you for proving my point. Walked right into that one didn't you. I was waiting for someone to - rep me and say that.

Incase you don't remember, people were saying that to me about my spiker, and all my other stuff yesterday."ZOMG QUIT USING HALO 3 IDEAS." Get with the program, it's a thing called sarcasm.

I made my shit myself too, with much more effort than it takes to make a simple bunch of HUD elements. So why am I getting bashed for remaking halo 3 stuff and this guy isn't?

see, everyones biased towards CMT.

Pred1ator
May 13th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Needs more custom stuff, quit ripping halo 3 ideas jeez, make the halo 3 HUD your own. What do you think this is.

/olol irony

"did u even read thread? he made it HIMSELF -rep"

Pred1ator nice, you obviously can't read my irony bit at the bottom either.

You just made my day, thank you for proving my point. Walked right into that one didn't you. I was waiting for someone to - rep me and say that.

Incase you don't remember, people were saying that to me about my spiker, and all my other stuff yesterday."ZOMG QUIT USING HALO 3 IDEAS." Get with the program, it's a thing called sarcasm.

I made my shit myself too, with much more effort than it takes to make a simple bunch of HUD elements. So why am I getting bashed for remaking halo 3 stuff and this guy isn't?

see, everyones biased towards CMT.

i still dont see why you are taking everything say seriously, whining cause u got a -rep..

you are in Custom Map Team not H3 Map team....we dont expect to see h3 stuff, we want custom

DaneO'Roo
May 13th, 2007, 07:45 PM
its called custom because we make it ourselves...if we made totally custom everything, no one would like it because all the different designed features would clash. I allready think the CMT biped is out of place at times.

Your just a hypocritical fool, saying I don't read threads and yet you couldn't read yesterday in my thread that my spiker didn't have a mutlipurpose on it.

and i'm not whining about minus rep, I'm the last person to give a fuck.

Pred1ator
May 13th, 2007, 07:48 PM
its called custom because we make it ourselves...

and i'm not whining about minus rep, I'm the last person to give a fuck.

if its custom then why did u rip the idea from bungie?

i am ending this convo, take it to the PM before this gets locked

DaneO'Roo
May 13th, 2007, 07:56 PM
your a retard. It's custom because we:

modelled it, from a bunch of sketchy shittily angled pictures

unwrapped it

skinned

got ingame

made look good

etc etc

and that takes far more effort than you've applied into anything, including your sigs.

I've got a good mind to think, if it were you in my shoes, you'd be defending my claim. Again, your biased towards me, ever since I knocked a skin of yours once.

WE aren't saying we designed the shit. It's quite plain obvious its from halo 3. We're saying "look what we're making for YOU GUYS TO USE" WE wanted halo 3 stuff now, so we made it. Is that a problem for you?

Con
May 13th, 2007, 07:58 PM
its called custom because we make it ourselves...

^indeed

I've had this conversation with too many people before. Stop bitching at CMT. The whole idea of CMT to have fun, to get skilled people together to produce fun maps. Guess what? They're a hit with a lot of people, and that's what matters to us. We're a team that gets stuff done, and we're known because of that. People like Dano and myself work for CMT to have fun making things for the community. It's not about what we make, it's about the end experience. This is the same reason that made Coldsnap and Hugeass such a hit. Do you really give a shit that only so-called noobs play it? Tiamat didn't put all that effort into his maps so you guys could bitch about them. He made is so people could have fun playing it, and they are. CMT is going to continue putting effort into its maps to have fun.

DaneO'Roo
May 13th, 2007, 08:03 PM
^ EPIC FUCKING WIN. EXACTLY what I wanted to say but couldn't think of the words. No need to debate this, im out of this thread,it's said and done

Pred1ator
May 13th, 2007, 08:09 PM
your a retard

self owned... "you're" its kind of ironic your telling me I am a retard when you are actually the one who cant spell

Con
May 13th, 2007, 08:13 PM
self owned... "you're"
nobody cares

Pred1ator
May 13th, 2007, 08:14 PM
nobody cares

i do :eyesroll:

DaaxGhost
May 13th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Well I didn't know that it was in halo 3 beta. but anyway good luck finishing it.

Reaper Man
May 13th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Self owned... "you're" it's kind of ironic you're telling me I am a retard when you are actually the one who can't spell.
Irony is a bitch, isn't it? Grammar helps.

Pred1ator
May 13th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Irony is a bitch, isn't it?

what is your point? its spelled right, its not missing a letter now stop being a baby :)

ExAm
May 13th, 2007, 09:30 PM
It may be a correctly spelled word, but it's completely in the wrong context. That makes it an egregious grammar error. This makes you look retarded. Thus, the irony.

Pred1ator
May 13th, 2007, 09:32 PM
It may be a correctly spelled word, but it's completely in the wrong context. That makes it an egregious grammar error. Thus, the irony.

no it just means it not in proper format...

p0lar_bear
May 13th, 2007, 09:37 PM
I got the best idea ever while looking at that HUD from the H3 beta:

All of you shut up.

Reaper Man
May 13th, 2007, 10:39 PM
what is your point? its spelled right, its not missing a letter now stop being a baby :)
Read your quoted message in my above post, I corrected it for you.

SnaFuBAR
May 14th, 2007, 01:40 AM
Self owned... "you're". It's kind of ironic youryou're telling me I am a retard when you are actually the one who can't spell.
Meanwhile, your stupid ass doesn't use punctuation. gfg

btw, check your its and it's. its= possesive it's= contraction
You are a hypocritical jackass.

Not to mention, the hud is looking nice so far. It looks kinda fuzzy around the edges of the details to me, though.

CabooseJr
May 14th, 2007, 05:18 AM
everyone quit flaming in my topic. please, i CAD said he might be able to help me get this ingame once Zteam is done.

DaaxGhost
May 14th, 2007, 06:41 AM
Well, it is looking a little fuzzy and what are the very light bars centering across the hud?

Dole
May 14th, 2007, 07:06 AM
:maddowns:

FRain
May 14th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Guys, SHUT IT. This is NOT the place to have a flame war.

This is out of hand, I reccomend you getting this flame war into PRIVATE MESSAGES, or we lock this thread and try again.

CtrlAltDestroy
May 14th, 2007, 08:23 AM
backseat moderation anyone?

p0lar_bear
May 14th, 2007, 11:37 AM
I hate to be a party pooper, but I'll let you know of a few things that are not possible with HUD interfaced in CE that the H3 HUD does, so you don't waste time and effort:

Stored weapon icon
Scoreboard in the bottom right corner
Number of grenades of the type you're not using
The awesome screen refresh on spawn

Unless you already knew this.

Amit
May 14th, 2007, 02:04 PM
I hate to be a party pooper, but I'll let you know of a few things that are not possible with HUD interfaced in CE that the H3 HUD does, so you don't waste time and effort:
Stored weapon icon
The awesome screen refresh on spawn Unless you already knew this.

What would he do then?

DaaxGhost
May 14th, 2007, 03:26 PM
It was a good HUD, I guess it doesn't have to be exactly like Halo 3's HUD. It looks more like an H2 HUD, And it also says "Beta Build" if you see that in the center.

CabooseJr
May 14th, 2007, 06:25 PM
It was a good HUD, I guess it doesn't have to be exactly like Halo 3's HUD. It looks more like an H2 HUD, And it also says "Beta Build" if you see that in the center.

Tell Me that was sarcastic..... and beta build is only for the beta build, and no i will not add the beta build text.

ExAm
May 14th, 2007, 08:18 PM

Stored weapon icon

Unless you already knew this.H1 has a stored weapon icon, and it's possible to show the number of the grenades you're not using. CMT did it for their HUD, if I remember correctly.

CtrlAltDestroy
May 14th, 2007, 08:19 PM
No to both.

DaaxGhost
May 14th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Tell Me that was sarcastic..... and beta build is only for the beta build, and no i will not add the beta build text.
Of course.

p0lar_bear
May 14th, 2007, 10:51 PM
H1 has a stored weapon icon, and it's possible to show the number of the grenades you're not using. CMT did it for their HUD, if I remember correctly.

I did the SPv1 HUD. I know what I'm talking about. Neither thing is possible.

Halo 1's HUD interface system works as such:

First, you have the Unit HUD Interface (unhi), which is defined in any unit tag (bipd, vehi). If one is referenced, it is rendered, and a unhi contains any sort of static background (like if you wanted a border to appear on the HUD), outlines and meters for health and shields, the background for the motion sensor, auxiliary outlines and meters (actually, the only auxiliary function is the unit's integrated light), and team icon backgrounds.

If the unit is holding a weapon, then it renders the weapon's Weapon HUD Interface (wphi). That tag contains definitions for backgrounds, meters, and HUD numbers that can be tied to all sorts of things (magazine ammo, reserve ammo, heat, age, charge), reticle definition, then zoom and nightvision properties (mask, screen convolution, tint), and then finally there's a block where you can define the pickup icon and strings.

Finally, if the unit has grenades in their inventory, the game checks to see what grenade is ready, then checks the Game Globals (matg) tag to get what the proper Grenade HUD Interface (grhi) tag is. Grhi tags contain the background, foreground, icon (overlay), and number.

Halo 2's HUD interface is very much different from what I hear; instead, each unit has a HUD interface tag that contains all of the bitmap and coloration info, and I think weapon icons and meters are defined in the weapon tag. This is why Halo 2 is able to display reserve weapon icons, and reserve grenade counts, and Halo 1 can't.

FRain
May 16th, 2007, 08:05 AM
I did the SPv1 HUD. I know what I'm talking about. Neither thing is possible.

Halo 1's HUD interface system works as such:

First, you have the Unit HUD Interface (unhi), which is defined in any unit tag (bipd, vehi). If one is referenced, it is rendered, and a unhi contains any sort of static background (like if you wanted a border to appear on the HUD), outlines and meters for health and shields, the background for the motion sensor, auxiliary outlines and meters (actually, the only auxiliary function is the unit's integrated light), and team icon backgrounds.
If the unit is holding a weapon, then it renders the weapon's Weapon HUD Interface (wphi). That tag contains definitions for backgrounds, meters, and HUD numbers that can be tied to all sorts of things (magazine ammo, reserve ammo, heat, age, charge), reticle definition, then zoom and nightvision properties (mask, screen convolution, tint), and then finally there's a block where you can define the pickup icon and strings.
Finally, if the unit has grenades in their inventory, the game checks to see what grenade is ready, then checks the Game Globals (matg) tag to get what the proper Grenade HUD Interface (grhi) tag is. Grhi tags contain the background, foreground, icon (overlay), and number.
Halo 2's HUD interface is very much different from what I hear; instead, each unit has a HUD interface tag that contains all of the bitmap and coloration info, and I think weapon icons and meters are defined in the weapon tag. This is why Halo 2 is able to display reserve weapon icons, and reserve grenade counts, and Halo 1 can't.

Sounds like it just makes it harder for HUD making.

DaaxGhost
May 16th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Well, if they figure out a way to fix it.

Lightning
May 16th, 2007, 09:18 PM
..You can't just "fix" how tags are created.

=/

Edit:

Actually D:

Spawn effect, spawn a plane with a chicago shader on it that animates.

It's helluva sloppy, but it would work.

Con
May 16th, 2007, 11:26 PM
..You can't just "fix" how tags are created.

=/

Edit:

Actually D:

Spawn effect, spawn a plane with a chicago shader on it that animates.

It's helluva sloppy, but it would work.

You'd see it in 3rd person, though, right? Would it be attached to the head marker?

DaneO'Roo
May 16th, 2007, 11:36 PM
"Attatch" it to the first person gun model mb?

CtrlAltDestroy
May 16th, 2007, 11:37 PM
except then you can't set when you can see it/when you can't.

Lightning
May 17th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Which is why it would need to be in Thirdperson, one-sided plane so other players wouldn't see it.

It's be cheap, but it'd work.

p0lar_bear
May 17th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Where is the FP camera situated? As a spawn effect, you could create a particle that does that; a very tiny one that goes right in front of the camera.

Con
May 17th, 2007, 10:51 PM
How would you ensure that it stays in the same spot relative to the player? I'm sure those pro players out there will be headed off for the sniper in the amount of time it takes to play the animation. It would look bad in FP if it doesn't follow you.

FRain
May 19th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Try attaching it, then after the duration of the anim, destroy it.

CabooseJr
May 21st, 2007, 02:33 PM
Well, I will start working on it again,(updating the HUD to fit the HUD from the H3MB)once CAD can help me, cause HEK hates my comp.

Chizzle110
July 9th, 2007, 03:35 PM
hey i'm new to making custom stuff for halo ce so could i have a tutorial on making custom huds

Ki11a_FTW
July 9th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Dont bump old topics.

All the tutorials you will ever need are here

http://www.h2ek.com/resources/hce-tutorials/index.html

Welcome to the forums.

thelotrfreak1
July 12th, 2007, 03:43 PM
You should look at the new HUD:

http://www.bungie.net/images/Games/Halo3/Screenshots/H3_E307_FP01.jpg

CabooseJr
July 13th, 2007, 11:21 PM
its the exact same HUD but higher res and is at widescreen, i think i'll rework the HUD and make it fit up but dont think i will have visor line shape.

UrKungFuSux
July 16th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Wow! FREAKING AWESOME!!! If I actually knew what a plus rep was, i would give one. :D Are you running that on HEK or 3ds. Sorry if thats a stupid question, but I'm very new to editing.

Ki11a_FTW
July 16th, 2007, 10:31 PM
I see

Welcome to the forums

Caboose Jr, Widescreem = win :D