PDA

View Full Version : Corrupted Oh My!

hoboscience
March 20th, 2010, 04:02 PM
So I've been working hard on a map project, and well I ran into a snag. I created a custom turret that seems corrupt. I can place the turret inside sapien and place it without problems, but when I compile and open the .map file in HaloCE I immediately get an exception error. I've tried deleting the turret from my scenario file and removing it from the globals.globals file but unfortunately I still get the exception error when opening the map file. I think I might have to reinstall HEK, but I would rather fix this turret since I'm really excited about the concept. I'm certain I have the nodes and markers all screwed, so I linked some images to help explain what I'm trying to accomplish.

The idea of the turret is for the player to stand at a computer while operating this turret disc that rotates inside this large cylinder.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/MarkMillennium/render1.jpg

Here is a image showing all my nodes and markers.
The disc(barrels) inside the cylinder(gun) will tilt and rotate while aiming and firing. The cylinder and also the player will remain fixed.

any help would definitely be appreciated.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/MarkMillennium/render2.jpg

teh lag
March 20th, 2010, 04:08 PM
I've tried deleting the turret from my scenario file and removing it from the globals.globals file but unfortunately I still get the exception error when opening the map file.

Sounds like it's not the turret's fault then. If you're absolutely sure it's not being referenced in the map and it still exceptions, I'd try
1) Compiling a different map
2) Looking for other things you've changed that could cause problems

If all else fails, then backing up your stuff and reinstalling the HEK is always an option, even though you said you don't want to do it.

hoboscience
March 20th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Well I know the crashes are due to the turret. That's when the problem began and I haven't created anything new that would be causing the problem. I have tried compiling different maps with the same fatal results. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and reinstall the HEK.

Thanks for your prompt response on this problem of mine.

Maniac
March 20th, 2010, 05:04 PM
How did you add it to globals?
Did you add it or delete something? or did you swap it?

hoboscience
March 20th, 2010, 05:31 PM
I deleted the prior vehicles, added my own

chrisk123999
March 20th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Don't delete them, instead just replace them in globals. That seems to cause exceptions when you delete the vehicles then re add them.

hoboscience
March 20th, 2010, 06:10 PM
huh...........well maybe that was the issue then. Thanks for the advice, I'll report back with good/bad news.

hoboscience
March 20th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Thanks again, chrisk. That did the job. Now all I need to do is get this guy to work. I can now load my turret, and board the turret, but nothing happens when I pull the trigger. I'm new to this and I'll do my own digging but I'm certain it's something I overlooked in the .vehicle tag.

Sasc
March 20th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Have you set up your markers correctly? They need to be the same name in both the turret's Gbxmodel and the turret's weapon tag I think. I had the same problem months ago.