PDA

View Full Version : destructable scenery help

XeBec
March 21st, 2010, 07:13 PM
Ok so I have created my destructible scenery got everything working. When it blows up it works and so forth the only problem is the effects. When it blows up I see no explosion just a bright light of the explosion if that makes sense I cant remember how I fixed this last time. any help would be great.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/sirroderick/covicoil.jpg

Ifafudafi
March 21st, 2010, 07:51 PM
I could be wrong but it sounds to me like the problem is with your .effect, not your scenery object. Try substituting an effect that you know works (say, a frag grenade explosion.) If that shows up fine, it means you'll need to remake or find a different effect.

Inferno
March 21st, 2010, 08:58 PM
Maybe hes missing markers and it won't show the particles because of that?

Ifafudafi
March 21st, 2010, 10:00 PM
Either using a default marker (reflection, gravity, etc.) or an unnamed one would still have the effect playing, but yeah, he could have a marker inconsistency; if another effect that doesn't use model-specific markers (again, frag 'nade) plays correctly, that would be the issue.

I just want to see if it's an effect or a model issue, since it sounds like the former.

paladin
March 21st, 2010, 11:35 PM
Oh God, I hope you are not who I think you are.

XeBec
March 22nd, 2010, 10:52 AM
Ok So I figured it out. Its been so long since I have done this. the explosion effect is linked off of you frames position. There for if you have your fame below your object the effect will take place below your object if you have your frame in space the effect takes place in space. My problem was the frame was just below the object too far so the explosion happened under the level. Thanks for the help though