PDA

View Full Version : Covi Fusion Core

XeBec
March 22nd, 2010, 10:49 AM
Well I decided to make a covi style fusion core for a map I am making. Here are some pics what do you guys think. Also it looks better when I am playing the game for some reason my screen capture sucks.

Here is my Covi Coil I got it to blow up and it has a nice blue/purple explosion.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/sirroderick/3.jpg http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/sirroderick/2.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/sirroderick/1.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/sirroderick/covicoil.jpg

TEMPTii
March 22nd, 2010, 02:11 PM
Was it supposed to look like the H3 plasma battery?

Dwood
March 22nd, 2010, 02:13 PM
That doesn't look very covenant tbh. If anything, it looks like Forerunner that's purple.

Higuy
March 22nd, 2010, 02:30 PM
Still looks pretty neat, nice job. (it dosent look covy though, more forerunner)

XeBec
March 22nd, 2010, 05:59 PM
Yeah covi/forerunner all the same LOL. I just came up with the idea when I was modeling a map I designed and I thought I would posted pics see if anyone liked the idea. I probly will post tags on halomaps.org later.

sleepy1212
March 22nd, 2010, 07:03 PM
you should hold out, you might get some good tips

TEMPTii
March 22nd, 2010, 09:52 PM
If you want to make it covenanty, make it more round instead of sharp edges. Also, whatever shader you're using is making it seem stony.

XeBec
March 22nd, 2010, 10:27 PM
If you want to make it covenanty, make it more round instead of sharp edges. Also, whatever shader you're using is making it seem stony.
Yeah I will edited it some more tomorrow. The shader looks perfect in game. When I print screened it it got grainy and thats why it looks stony, Other wise it looks like metal.

Sinow
April 9th, 2010, 12:45 AM
Man, you beat me to it. I had this idea ages ago and even did the explosion but (no surprise) didn't take it public. Good work though, better than mine. At least it has a different model (I just recycled the Fusion Core model :P). Although, I think it would be cool if the glass were transparent and you could see a glow coming from the center, signifying a kind of radioactive substance? That's how I envisioned mine.

EX12693
April 9th, 2010, 01:11 AM
If you're going to stay with that model, I'd change the purple to blue (and make the glass transparent). That could then easily pass as a Forerunner fusion core. If you still want to keep a covenant theme, make the model much more rounded.

n00b1n8R
April 9th, 2010, 05:50 AM
Looks like a H2 teleporter exit with the pointy bits bent down.

Just saying.

annihilation
April 9th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Why is it so detailed?

Alwin Roth
April 10th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Doesn't look Covenant like,

but!

you could rename it, and use your creativity to make your own style of fusion coils.

XeBec
April 11th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Man, you beat me to it. I had this idea ages ago and even did the explosion but (no surprise) didn't take it public. Good work though, better than mine. At least it has a different model (I just recycled the Fusion Core model :P). Although, I think it would be cool if the glass were transparent and you could see a glow coming from the center, signifying a kind of radioactive substance? That's how I envisioned mine.
This model does glow in the middle it flashes like the h2ce fusion coil I used multi alpha to get it to flash.

Why is it so detailed?
Its really not detailed tool but but the textures make it look more detailed then it is.

annihilation
April 11th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Its really not detailed tool but but the textures make it look more detailed then it is.

I know. That's what I ment.
The textures make it look dirty.

XeBec
April 11th, 2010, 10:15 AM
I know. That's what I ment.
The textures make it look dirty.
What do you mean by dirty? As in they look bad or just dirty.

annihilation
April 11th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Just dirty as in clutterd and full of unnessecary textures that make it look bad.

Everything else is okay.

ghk
April 11th, 2010, 01:05 PM
you could upload it somewhere...im sure i could use it for a single player map ive been wanting to make... :-)

edit..nvm.. i think i found it on halomaps

XeBec
April 11th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Nope its not been released yet. So you didnt find it on halomaps but I could send it to ya if you would like. aim me X3bec

ghk
April 11th, 2010, 02:07 PM
lol...i found a fusion core, but its def not yours ....i dont have aim...send me a pm and we'll figure something out