PDA

View Full Version : Welp, seems my system restore didn't fix one thing...(UI does not load)

CodeBrain
March 29th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Its weird, I know the error, and how to solve it (by turning off anti-aliasing) but for some reason ATI Control Center says that AA is off. Another strange thing is that its not loading the 3d testruns that show what your current settings look like.

While it may be stupid to ask, anyone understand why it is happening?

Note: I can hear the music in Halo CE, but the UI does not appear (The Halo "Loading" background is there)

TEMPTii
March 29th, 2010, 11:00 PM
I had that problem, I just turned the NViDiA settings to performance > quality (if that's any different from anti-aliasing). Otherwise, I dunno.

CodeBrain
March 29th, 2010, 11:15 PM
While I may sound rude for posting this, but if you actually looked at my post and read it FULLY, you would have known I use an ATI card, not a Nvidia card.

Oh well. At least someone posted XD

TEMPTii
March 29th, 2010, 11:15 PM
I don't really know the difference D:

annihilation
March 29th, 2010, 11:31 PM
While I may sound rude for posting this, but if you actually looked at my post and read it FULLY, you would have known I use an ATI card, not a Nvidia card.

Oh well. At least someone posted XD

I'm sure he wasn't telling you to go to your Nvidia settings. I belive he was just metioning it because that's how he fixed it.

I'm almost certain it's a problem on Halo's end.

=sw=warlord
March 30th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Uninstall and reinstall the ATI catalyst, usualy worked for me when i was using ATI.

CodeBrain
March 30th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Uninstall and reinstall the ATI catalyst, usualy worked for me when i was using ATI.

This is the problem, ATI Catalyst will not successfully install or uninstall.

Immediately after clicking the Install button, the program crashes. "InstallerManagerApp (something like that) has to be closed" is what it says. Google searches yielded that C++ 2005 Redistributable is the problem, but I uninstalled and reinstalled it about 3 times already, and the installation still crashes. Downloading the new catalyst from ATI's website still shows the same problem.

Maniac
March 30th, 2010, 06:04 PM
What model is the card?

CodeBrain
March 30th, 2010, 06:23 PM
ATI Radeon HD 3650.

CodeBrain
April 2nd, 2010, 01:25 AM
come on guys i really need this fixed

I kind of miss modding halo ;_;

Higuy
April 2nd, 2010, 09:06 AM
You did a system restore; did you try updating your drivers?

CodeBrain
April 2nd, 2010, 10:28 AM
You did a system restore; did you try updating your drivers?

This is the problem, ATI Catalyst will not successfully install or uninstall.

Immediately after clicking the Install button, the program crashes. "InstallerManagerApp (something like that) has to be closed" is what it says. Google searches yielded that C++ 2005 Redistributable is the problem, but I uninstalled and reinstalled it about 3 times already, and the installation still crashes. Downloading the new catalyst from ATI's website still shows the same problem.

Dwood
April 2nd, 2010, 12:19 PM
Uninstall manually or with 3rd party app.

jcap
April 2nd, 2010, 12:56 PM
You could also just try completely uninstalling all drivers.

Then install the driver for your graphics card through the device manager, saying you "have disc" and search for it in the folder the installer extracts to (usually C:\ATI\Support\).

CodeBrain
April 2nd, 2010, 01:10 PM
Fixed it by using Command Prompt to run the ATISetup.exe. At first the problem still existed but I had to tell Catalyst to use the applications settings to apply AA. Halo loads correctly now. Topic locked.