PDA

View Full Version : Compiling problem with Bluestreak

Tyker
April 3rd, 2010, 04:17 PM
Hello everybody. I am back from april fools.

I am having a problem with compiling my Halo CE map, and I was wondering if anyone could help me.
This is the compile log:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1641307/Pictures/problem2.png
And this is what the wrl shows:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1641307/Pictures/problem.png

I have rebuilt these faces multiple times. I have welded everything. There are no borders to be selected. I have no idea what I am doing wrong here.
Even weirder: This is 1 part of a mirrored map. The other side is exactly the same and gives no errors at all.

I am using Max 2010 with the Bluestreak jms exporter. Can anyone help me, please?

teh lag
April 3rd, 2010, 04:20 PM
Your map model - is it editable mesh or editable poly? Models exported from editable poly are far less reliable in my experience.
The faces themselves - are you sure there are no other face hiding in that area at the intersections?
-By extensions, have you tried moving those verts around? That can expose funky geometry which tool might be rejecting.

Maniac
April 3rd, 2010, 04:44 PM
I already posted here, but it was deleted i guess.
Select all verticies in the model and weld at a value of 0.01

Tyker
April 4th, 2010, 02:01 AM
As I already said, the welding is perfect. When I move around any vertices, everything looks perfectly fine.
It is editable mesh, because bluestreak cannot export poly

Choking Victim
April 4th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Try fixing the UV's on those faces and reimport.

Tyker
April 4th, 2010, 10:49 AM
The UV has no effect on the compiling at the moment, it only gives open edge errors. The .wrl doesn't change either.

Choking Victim
April 4th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Did you try it? Are you compiling lightmaps or the structure?

Tyker
April 4th, 2010, 12:13 PM
I tried it. I am currently trying to get the structure going

Tyker
April 5th, 2010, 04:42 AM
I just found out what is wrong. The last 4 faces that I build are always erroring. I just removed some faces elsewhere, rebuilt them, and the original 'wrong' faces at the window are now suddenly okay and the perfectly fine faces that I rebuilt to test this, are suddenly wrong.

Any how this can be fixed? The problem is: the last 4 faces I create are always 'wrong'. The show their edges as open in the compiler.

Tyker
April 5th, 2010, 11:35 AM
I just removed the frame, remade it, linked everything again, compiled it, and it worked. No idea what is going on here, but at least it works now. :raise:
Thanks to everyone who replied!

XeBec
April 7th, 2010, 10:39 PM
The best thing to do when you are done with a model or map. Under your Modifier List scroll through it and fine STL Check it will check for open edges and when it finds one it will highlight it in red. Then delete the faces and rebuild them. you wont get as many errors when you run it through Tool then.

ThePlague
April 7th, 2010, 10:45 PM
The best thing to do when you are done with a model or map. Under your Modifier List scroll through it and fine STL Check it will check for open edges and when it finds one it will highlight it in red. Then delete the faces and rebuild them. you wont get as many errors when you run it through Tool then.
STL check doesn't always find errors. Be in mind that it doesn't follow Halo's sealed world rule.

XeBec
April 7th, 2010, 11:01 PM
This is true it wont find overlapping faces and stuff like that but it will find all the open faces. Most of the errors people get will be open faces because the face wasnt created right or was or they just forgot a small one. It will show missing faces.I would always use stl for a error check fix any problems it shows and then export and run tool. Once thats done if you get errors import the wrl file into max. Then delete the face giving you the problem and remake it. Some times its just a edge acting weird and you will have to delete the edge.