PDA

View Full Version : A Problem with Compiling Maps Using Tool

KWDzero
April 5th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Hello, I'm new here and I have a technical question regarding map making for Halo Custom Edition. Recently, I have been trying to make maps for the game to no avail. Where I encounter a problem is at the very end of the map making process when you go into tool to compile the map into a ".map" file using the command build-cache-file levels\thenameofmymapect. Tool says that it build the map just fine, but when I check the Maps folder the map isn't there like it wasn't even created. This was the only major problem that happened to me, and hopefully it's an easy fix. I didn't seem to have any trouble using Guerilla, Sapien or 3ds Max... just this.

I have been following this tutorial series, and followed all of the steps:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYpDmCNj3aE

I do have a Windows Vista however, but I don't think that really should matter.

Thank you very much for any help you can give!

~KWDzero

chrisk123999
April 5th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Check your compatibility files.

Roostervier
April 5th, 2010, 04:52 PM
do you have uac disabled?

KWDzero
April 5th, 2010, 06:06 PM
do you have uac disabled?
No I don't, should I disable it?

teh lag
April 5th, 2010, 08:30 PM
UAC gets in the way of the HEK when you compile maps and such. I don't know if there's a way to get maps to compile properly with UAC still on (I vaguely remember that it's possible), but I think most people here have it turned off.

KWDzero
April 5th, 2010, 09:46 PM
UAC gets in the way of the HEK when you compile maps and such. I don't know if there's a way to get maps to compile properly with UAC still on (I vaguely remember that it's possible), but I think most people here have it turned off.
Ok, I'll turn it off and see if that was the problem. Thanks!

Maniac
April 6th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Dont disable UAC.
If you're using UAC, then from the Halo Custom Edition root directory, there should be a button up at the top saying "view compatibility files". Open that and you'll find the correct map.

paladin
April 6th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Hey, I see you finally made it here...

This r ABigRedRocket3

chrisk123999
April 6th, 2010, 03:54 PM

All you have to do is set your Halo Custom Edition folder security settings to "full control" for users.

XeBec
April 7th, 2010, 10:31 PM
The problem is your running tool wrong. If you type tool build-cache-file levels\test\test and thats not where your scenario is it will say that it built the file but it really didnt. Make sure your tool command matches the directory of your scenario file. What is the tool command you are using the exact command and where is you map files located that you are trying to build to a cache.