PDA

View Full Version : Wondering if this is possible....

DarkHalo003
April 6th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Yo guys, kind of trying to figure out if something with a weapon is possible. Can you have a .weapon tag that features a sword and shield? It's not like dual-wielding, but rather on the left arm is a shield that acts like a jackal shield and the right arm has an energy sword that is your "weapon." The shield is there for protection and the energy sword is there to kick ass (no lunging). Is it possible?

thehoodedsmack
April 6th, 2010, 10:39 AM
I think so. On the third-person model, you could set the shader on the shield to repel bullets, and animate the melee attack to feature the sword swinging. I think. You'd have to play around with it, but it sounds possible.

DarkHalo003
April 6th, 2010, 11:07 AM
I think so. On the third-person model, you could set the shader on the shield to repel bullets, and animate the melee attack to feature the sword swinging. I think. You'd have to play around with it, but it sounds possible.
Alright. Would the weapon just have multiple materials, like the energy sword have force field, the shield have jackal shield, and other stuff have metal or whatever? What if the shield gets overcharged, would it work like a jackal shield being overcharged since it's a part of one weapon?

Dwood
April 6th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Thats all stuff you can decide yourself.

DarkHalo003
April 6th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Thats all stuff you can decide yourself.
Okay, I thank you both.

Corvette19
April 7th, 2010, 03:23 PM
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2807
This may help.

ThePlague
April 7th, 2010, 03:41 PM
That'd be pretty easy. All you would have to do is make animations for what you want.

Inferno
April 7th, 2010, 04:15 PM
And make sure the collision geometry for the shield is set up to not do parent damage.

DarkHalo003
April 8th, 2010, 09:09 PM
And make sure the collision geometry for the shield is set up to not do parent damage.
Thank you, now I will make sure the box is not checked.

laghing_rabt
April 16th, 2010, 10:45 PM
could you set up the energy sword to block melee attacks, to then? that would be cool.