PDA

View Full Version : This editor is fucked up.

Inferno
April 8th, 2010, 11:55 PM
In halo 1 you could set the lightmap quality of a shader from turd to low to medium to high. This would keep the lightmaps from getting to big over large areas ( IE coldsnap and background terrain) and this would also make generating lightmaps take a lot less time.

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU SET THIS IN HALO 2 VISTA. It keeps returning a error saying the lightmaps are too big (4096x4096 or 2048x2048) because I have a lot of background terrain in my map. I need to fix this shit. It also says I should lower my luminels. What ever the fuck that means.

t3h m00kz
April 9th, 2010, 12:20 AM
You're getting into Halo 2 Vista?

proooooo

I want to make a shock rifle at some point but I've been lazy as fuck

teh lag
April 9th, 2010, 12:17 PM
There is a way to do it; I don't QUITE remember but I think that lightmap quality was moved to a shader name property, like '%' or '!' in ce's shaders.

Inferno
April 9th, 2010, 03:14 PM
What? Any links as to how to do it? I spent hours raging at the editor last night.

edit-

Is it in the documentation for H2V. I looked through it and found nothing earlier.

Vicky
April 9th, 2010, 04:19 PM
The only luminels setting i've ever seen is in the .scenario_structure_lightmap file, 3rd setting from the top. You can set some more light stuff there too.

Inferno
April 9th, 2010, 04:42 PM
That lowered the pixel amount but I still need to figure out how to set the lightmap quality per shader like Teh Lag mentioned.

Inferno
April 9th, 2010, 09:58 PM
I made a grid of 100 portals. It sort of fixed stuff.

Still want a way to make lower quality light maps on specific shaders.

Vicky
April 10th, 2010, 06:25 AM
100 enough you think? :P

I doubt there's a quality setting for the shaders..

teh lag
April 10th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Found it - you add "lm:quality" to the material name. To lower quality you'd make the quality value less than 1. It's all in the "materials overview" section of the h2ek documentation, I don't understand why you couldn't find it yourself :\

supersniper
April 10th, 2010, 12:12 PM
must've thought that microsoft wouldn't have been that helpful...

Inferno
April 10th, 2010, 12:18 PM
must've thought that microsoft wouldn't have been that helpful...
Pretty much this.