PDA

View Full Version : Dual Screen?

Higuy
April 14th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Anyone know of any ways to play Halo CE on dual screens? I know softTH allows games (like Halo) to play on 3 monitors, dosent seem to do 2 though.

Inferno
April 14th, 2010, 03:32 PM
It's annoying. I did it once and basically the middle of your screen is the gap between the monitors.

Makes getting 1080 noscope headshots a little harder for me.

jcap
April 14th, 2010, 04:11 PM
If there's no tools, you can just span the window across both screens, right?

InnerGoat
April 14th, 2010, 05:10 PM
No tools needed, just set your monitors to act as one and use -vidmode width,height,refreshrate

bravo22
April 14th, 2010, 06:39 PM
What Kyon said, but why would you use an even number of monitors to play? Your crosshair would be cut in half by a thick bezel. and you'd basically be trying to aim with the bezel...it'd be quite annoying.

Higuy
April 14th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Oh ok, I tried that with Halo PC but it didnt seem to work; I'll try with CE.

Also I just wanted to see how it looked, I don't plan on playing it like this...

Also, how do you set the monitors to act as one?

CN3089
April 14th, 2010, 06:41 PM
there needs to more games like world in conflict where you can put the map/radar/whatever on the second screen

Amit
April 14th, 2010, 10:13 PM
there needs to more games like world in conflict where you can put the map/radar/whatever on the second screen

This. WiC is a game where it is crucial to have eyes on the map instantly. I think it's only available in Dx10 though? I'd have to check, but I use it and find it very useful. I actually started getting higher scores in multiplayer after buying my new video card and enabling the option.

Cortexian
April 16th, 2010, 03:22 AM
If you have Vista or 7 you can't "set your monitors to act as one" because there's no span mode support. Just use SoftTH and disable the left/right monitor, this will center your view on one screen and then extend your view on the other monitor (think 3 monitors, with one side monitor turned off).