PDA

View Full Version : Independent Third person animations

Mxero00
April 18th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Thank god, a halo editing community that isn't dead.
Right so I'm about to start replacing the fuel rod animations with that of a reverse stance for the katana(complete with upward slash/lunge), and since i have been out any halo editing community for... years I'm wondering if anyone has made any headway on adding independent third person weapon animations.

teh lag
April 18th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Here's what I would do:

1) Animate in 3ds using Cyborg biped, as usual
2) Export and compile into a separate model_animations file
3) Use Kornman's Halo Animation Editor (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=577) to inject the new animations over the FRC animations of the old Cyborg; save to a new animation file
4) Set Cyborg biped to use new animation set

Nothing too scary about that.

Mxero00
April 18th, 2010, 06:47 PM
I think you just ran me down the steps of replacing the old animations, I knew that process. What I'm trying to figure out is how to have all the default weapons and animations and then some extra independent weapons. such as how the energy sword in halo 2 didn't replace anything. have we figured out how to reproduce that yet?

CodeBrain
April 18th, 2010, 06:55 PM
I don't think we have yet...

Though, you might want to wait until someone more knowledgeable than me (believe me I suck at this programming stuff) to answer your question.

Choking Victim
April 18th, 2010, 07:04 PM
There's a flag in the weapon tag named "doesn't count towards maximum" is this what you're talking about? It makes the weapon not count towards your current weapon count, so you can pick it up as a third weapon.

Edit: ohh I didn't read your first post right.

Cagerrin
April 18th, 2010, 07:28 PM
waitaminute

merx?

teh lag
April 18th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Oh, I think I get it now. You mean, adding in animations without replacing existing ones in the biped's animation tag? Korn's hacked Guerilla lets you add/duplicated animation blocks at the bottom of the animation tag so you can inject over them without replacing anything else, if that's what you're talking about (though I think the Cyborg has only a few slots free for that).

Mxero00
April 19th, 2010, 07:59 PM
right I went to start playing with the animations when i noticed the plasma cannon doesn't have a fire animation in the third person. adding an animaiton to the file should be easy but the question is, how do I make the game play the animation when the plasma cannon is fired?

EDIT: Ha several years on and off of looking and trying to figure out and intemperate what guerrilla gave me the ability to edit in the animation tag, and I finally figure it mostly out. I would cross out the statement above but I cant remember how. Now the question is, how do i specify what type of weapon the weapon tag is?

EDIT: Ha again I answered myself because I knew what to look for this time, this time however I might not be able to answer this myself. How can I add more than 256 animation is the third cyborg animations tag?

t3h m00kz
April 21st, 2010, 08:53 PM
You probably can't. I don't know much about Open Sauce but you may be able to use that to do so. You need programming skills, however. I'm willing to bet, since 256 is one of those "squared" numbers, if you COULD bump up the amount, it'd be up to 512. Unsure, however.

Choking Victim
April 21st, 2010, 09:02 PM
You probably can't. I don't know much about Open Sauce but you may be able to use that to do so. You need programming skills, however. I'm willing to bet, since 256 is one of those "squared" numbers, if you COULD bump up the amount, it'd be up to 512. Unsure, however.
Wow, no.

That limit is already increased in the OS tools.

t3h m00kz
April 22nd, 2010, 01:26 AM
Wow, thanks for the info. I was pretty unsure about it.