PDA

View Full Version : I have no idea how to fix this

Mxero00
April 25th, 2010, 11:19 PM
I've set up the lunging animaiton for my weapon. the problem is as I keep moving forward, in game, the animation keeps looping. any ideas on how to keep this from happening.

annihilation
April 25th, 2010, 11:32 PM
Did you export it as a .jma?
I'm almost sure that's the extension for a looping animation.

Mxero00
April 25th, 2010, 11:41 PM
I think I tried jma and it didn't even play the animaiton with a jma as a fire animation, same went for jmr it seemed to only play with jmo. and it only loops as i'm walking forward.

JackalStomper
April 28th, 2010, 02:41 PM
It's assigned to the wrong action in the animation tag, you probably either replaced or accidentally made it move-foward, you're looking for fire-1 in the weapon subsection.

Also the format you export as has absolutely nothing to do with it looping or not, animations will always loop if the function requires it to.

Mxero00
May 6th, 2010, 12:22 AM
fixed the problem after reviewing the animations in Jahrain's reviewed lunging energy sword.

Mxero00
May 27th, 2010, 02:58 PM
New question. Is there a multiplayer script that would allow the first person and third person models to be determined by the order in which they joined the sever?
ex. the host would use the H2 chief and everyone else would use the H1 chief

teh lag
May 27th, 2010, 03:33 PM
I don't think that's possible using conventional means. FP models can't have permutations at all, and 3p models permutations for players can only be set randomly. (Well, I've actually heard of people getting systems in place to set MP biped perms based on various things but I know nothing about how it was implemented).

Someone will probably come in the thread talking about Open Sauce and all the stuff you can do with it - probably you could do that with it, but unless you're willing to do some programming and require everyone to use your version of OS just for that I wouldn't bother.

Mxero00
June 1st, 2010, 10:42 PM
Well it,s the damndest thing. A friend downloaded h3 turf (the map was just a mash up of a bunch of downloaded tags from what I could tell) but somehow he made it to where the player models were different. They could have been random didn't really get the chance to test it out. Oh well any variation would be fun to play with in the 3rd person. Any ideas on how to create random 3rd person model assaigning, and how about making them reliant apon what team the player is on. I always wnated to make a elite vs cyborg map but naver understood the means to do so.

teh lag
June 3rd, 2010, 06:40 PM
Even if you *could* get a reliable way of changing the 3p model, you wouldn't be able to change the actual biped, which would be needed to have Spartans vs. Elites (which you would need to do, as the cyborg and elite models require very different animation sets).

3p models are easy to set up permutations for - just compile more than 1 JMS file/files (depending if you've got LODs or not) into a single gbxmodel and the game will automatically chose them randomly. There are script functions to force permutations but, as I said, I don't know how you'd go about relating that function to what team someone's on.