PDA

View Full Version : Do you use the server browser tickers before joining a server?

Timo
April 28th, 2010, 11:28 PM
By tickers I mean the things that scroll through gametype rules/players/"Manual Update Required" etc in slow motion. Would you care if they went away?

Cortexian
April 29th, 2010, 12:19 AM
Don't use it, but don't care either way... Voted for don't use and keep them there in case some people do actually use them for some obscure reason.

n00b1n8R
April 29th, 2010, 12:27 AM
I read the gametype/players thing but as the MoTD thing hasn't been updated since before I even started playing CE, I don't give it a glance.
I don't need them but it's a p useful feature that I'd rather not see dropped for some :project:

Timo, what you up to??? :tinfoil:

Timo
April 29th, 2010, 01:09 AM
Don't use it, but don't care either way... Voted for don't use and keep them there in case some people do actually use them for some obscure reason.

The general idea of this poll was to see what individuals thought, not what individuals thought about everybody :\

Timo
April 29th, 2010, 01:11 AM
I read the gametype/players thing but as the MoTD thing hasn't been updated since before I even started playing CE, I don't give it a glance.
I don't need them but it's a p useful feature that I'd rather not see dropped for some :project:

The problem is that there's no reference to anything in the widgets that control both tickers other than what font they use. So they can't be replaced by any alternative. So if one part goes, it all does (Players appears over the MOTD when you select a server).

Timo, what you up to??? :tinfoil:

Procrastinating because of the amount of assignments and tests I have next week.

Con
April 29th, 2010, 02:33 AM
I'd prefer it if at least the gametype information stayed. What I like is that it shows the name of the custom gametypes being used, and people often name them things like "snipers-ns" which you would have to join to find out otherwise. I also switch to 1.00 when 1.09 is slow, but there's a lot of rockets servers there that I avoid and you can't tell without reading the tickers. The list of players isn't as important but I can think of times it has been useful.

sleepy1212
April 29th, 2010, 07:38 AM
read them/keep them here.

why?

chrisk123999
April 29th, 2010, 04:01 PM
I use the player names to see if there is anyone I know in the server without actually joining it.

supersniper
April 29th, 2010, 04:39 PM
i use it all the time.

Sasc
April 30th, 2010, 04:43 AM
I use it too, mainly to look at the gametype, and also look at the players in a stunts server.

annihilation
April 30th, 2010, 05:27 AM
I don't use it.
I only look at the number of players and the map.