PDA

View Full Version : Gimmie cake, get cookies...

Kornman00
April 30th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Do you live in America?*
Do you like cookies?
Do you have a ulta (not super) fast internet connection?

If you answer yes to all three of these questions then you may be eligible for some super (not ultra ;p) fine cookies of your favorite flavor (chocolate (http://congressnagin.ytmnd.com/) chip perhaps?)! The person who can supply me the install for the H2V editing kit that is included with the game, first, will have exclusive access to my super editing kit cookies!

Clueless (http://www.h2ek.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page) to who I am? Clueless (http://www.h2ek.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page) to what I mean by 'cookies'?

If you answered yes to any of these questions you are wrong. I kid, I kid :).

I'm the person who helped make the HaloPC modding what it is today (note: I DO NOT take responsibility for the PEOPLE of HaloPC modding of today). As for the cookies, well, they'll be fully cooked and ready to be eat! Errr, used.

Depending on the retail version of the editing kit, it may be beneficial to you, as a modder, to have access to what I can do to it, for you. It may be that to have ultra modding fun, that you don't need any advance editing tools! Like say, it depends on how the retail turns out.

Do realize that I'm not taking such an active role in the editing scene this time around, so most of my works won't be publicly accessible. But this offer gets you past such cock blockers!

So, who thinks they can beat TheGhost ;)?

* - AFAIK, living in America will boost the chances of you getting it before any other foreigner from another land thus boost your chances of getting cookies!

Snaver
April 30th, 2007, 12:33 PM
May 18th release date though.. God damn. I have no cookies to give too :(

Zeph
April 30th, 2007, 12:43 PM
*pulls out paper with Kornies mail info on it*
*boxes cake*

You still want me to send you a copy or are you going to get your fam fam to do it? Wait till a german release? but that'll be all germy :(.

Kornman00
April 30th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Oh I have the game pre-ordered alright. Just it will take ATLEAST a week for it to get here.

That and starting on the 9th our unit is doing this bullshit range with the germany army. Its like some kind of competition. Who gots better skillz I guess, but its three days of being out on a range, so there will be a small window of opportunity to get in contact with me on release day (maybe I can convince the sarge to let me just stay back and work). Not to mention that I have to drive to the next town over to do some military cashier training for the next two weeks >_>

TheGhost
April 30th, 2007, 01:02 PM
I know I can get it to you, why make it a race? :p

Limited
April 30th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Just a slight question.

My pc still has XP. Will the disk even be read by my machine? Not installing but like could I drag .exe's off cd's/rip cd files to my HD even though its not vista?

Edit:

By the way, when it is released and someone has it installed (the kit)

If camtasia works for vista by then, can some one make some recordings of the tools and stuff? Don't have to use them much just show what they look like/menus and just basic setup.

I really wish my pc was vista'd and fast :(

TPE
April 30th, 2007, 01:27 PM
i can try to make a ISO of the CD, but not sure if it works with DVD's like H2V

i want that cookie

Kornman00
April 30th, 2007, 02:00 PM
The setup files for the game and EK are separate.

I know I can get it to you, why make it a race? :p
maybe someone is gonna wait for the store to open all night to get their copy ;p.

Faster I get it, faster my ez-bake oven cooks. Its too easy!

dg
April 30th, 2007, 02:56 PM
I've pre-ordered mine from Newegg with overnight shipping. Is there any other place that I should check out for the fastest delivery?

~dg945~

Kornman00
April 30th, 2007, 04:29 PM
I would think your local GameStop, should be able to pre-order thar and perform a pickup

don't forget to plant the bomb this time :/

Zeph
April 30th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Dont count on gamestop getting it on the 8th. It gets shipped TO them on the 8th. You get it days later. I've got a pre-order there, but I'm gonna probably get it at Wal Mart at midnight if I can, then get my money back on the pre-order.

Kornman00
April 30th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Its released on the 8th, meaning the game would be in stores on the 8th...

Zeph
April 30th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Its released on the 8th, meaning the game would be in stores on the 8th...

Assuming it's shipped to them in time. Not all stores are special enough to get it on the 8th, evidently according to gamestop.

Syuusuke
April 30th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Aww makes me wonder if the Gamestop near me will get it in time...
Better call them tomorrow and reserve, but I wonder if I can reserve it and get it a day after the official release day (5/9)

shade45
April 30th, 2007, 07:14 PM
*Drools* cookies..... *Drools*

DsurioN
May 2nd, 2007, 09:22 AM
Doesn't the editing kit require resources from the game, thus requiring a full .iso?

Kornman00
May 2nd, 2007, 11:20 AM
They're separate installs

DsurioN
May 2nd, 2007, 03:03 PM
Yes, they're separate installs, but I think when you install the editing kit, instead of copying every map and texture to the computer again, it just uses the textures from the halo installation directory (just like halo combat evolved dedicated server).

DaneO'Roo
May 2nd, 2007, 06:09 PM
Australia gets it before America so ha. Y'know whats funny, if someone from australia happens to release a map before may 22, giving us a fair few days between 17th and 22-23rd, that means all your hopes of making "thar first map" go down.

*looks at self*

Then again, nothings stopping you guys from paying a little extra to get it shipped from over here, to over there.

I could possibly send you it first D: :o Dunno about the cake though, I only have Pie. Meat Pie. Fruit pies are for little girly men.

Kornman00
May 3rd, 2007, 05:38 AM
Yes, they're separate installs, but I think when you install the editing kit, instead of copying every map and texture to the computer again, it just uses the textures from the halo installation directory (just like halo combat evolved dedicated server).
The shared resource model has changed in Halo2. In the in-house setup, tool automatically builds the various shared resource maps as you develop the maps you make, it doesn't have to pull from anything that was built once, it can now build a new shared resource cache and keep updating it.

And you're wrong in what you say about Halo1's EK, it does copy all the textures to the computer when installing, just when you build a new map it references the bitmaps\sounds database (dedi doesn't even need them...)