PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] M6D Pistol comfirmed in Halo 3!

TIA Gangsta
April 30th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Check it out:
www.halo3.com (http://www.halo3.com)

Go to "about halo", then go to weapons and the first weapon there is the M6G Pistol, a similar varient from our old favourite from Halo 1.
While it may be slightly different, the same old familar characteristics have returned.
Things like a fast rate of fire and good accuracy will keep us all pleased I'm sure. Although the scope has been completely removed now.
The current changes the community have noticed is the fact that it had a 8 bullet clip in the leaked alpha video. But of course, that was Alpha footage, so things may have changed.

There are also a whole ton of other weapon + vehicle info there.
Check out characters too, looks like Sgt Johnson is bald now xD

=D

Agamemnon
April 30th, 2007, 04:20 PM
You mean the model has returned. 3SK will not.

TIA Gangsta
April 30th, 2007, 04:29 PM
You mean the model has returned. 3SK will not.

Yeah, I think we figured that out a while ago...I did say a few things might change from the original, but it looks like the old regular characteristics will return.

Limited
April 30th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Uh, havent we known this for some time now? I'm glad its back though, <3 h1ISH pistol :D

Saggy
April 30th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Yeah, I think most people already know about the M6D Pistol already being in Halo 3. You should change the topic title to, "Sargent Johnson confimed BALD in Halo 3!"...

Elite Killa
April 30th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Yeah, I think we figured that out a while ago...I did say a few things might change from the original, but it looks like the old regular characteristics will return.
We've also figured out a while ago (maybe a little after the Football Commercial) that the M6D will return. I just hope that it isn't overpowered in Halo 3. I mean, look at all of the new weapons coming in (Spartan Laser, Spiker, heavily modified AR, exc.).

Syuusuke
April 30th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Yeah, I think most people already know about the M6D Pistol already being in Halo 3. You should change the topic title to, "Sargent Johnson confimed BALD in Halo 3!"...

Finally he takes off his headgear...

DaneO'Roo
April 30th, 2007, 08:09 PM
sweet D: I can't wait to see what it looks like, considering its now got normal maps and better modelling now :D

IPBJT!
April 30th, 2007, 11:22 PM
It's called the M6G and as no scope:
http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=797167

ExAm
April 30th, 2007, 11:25 PM
I don't think so. I doubt that guy's credibility.

On another note, I like the new, longer look.

I also love the new sniper, the "SRS99D", and the confirmation that the Elites have joined the Human cause.

Xetsuei
April 30th, 2007, 11:27 PM
I don't think so. I doubt that guy's credibility.
What? That's Frankie who posted it. It's obviously true.

TIA Gangsta
May 1st, 2007, 02:02 PM
Yeah, it's been re-updated now. Check the weapons + vehicles section now, it now says M6G and the 2x scope part has been removed.

EDIT: Updated the first post.

Dole
May 1st, 2007, 03:16 PM
So what the hell is that attachment on top? A laser sight?

Kornman00
May 1st, 2007, 03:51 PM
a spaghetti dispenser.

Patrickssj6
May 1st, 2007, 04:03 PM
a spaghetti dispenser.LMAO

TIA Gangsta
May 1st, 2007, 04:13 PM
a spaghetti dispenser.

LOL...

...really?

Random
May 1st, 2007, 06:46 PM
Maybe its the good old pistol but - the scope so its only effective in short and mid ranges. Turn down the accuracy too, and it would be balanced. As long as it 3sk or 4sk I will be happy.

Syuusuke
May 1st, 2007, 07:04 PM
Confetti dispenser actually.

Btw, the bald Sgt., it might as well BE the headgear giving him that round headed bald look =(

Though he might really be bald!

TPE
May 1st, 2007, 07:19 PM
it uses explosive shots so its probly a 3-4 sk like halo 1 and it says hardly a sniping pistol so that means no scope

Agamemnon
May 1st, 2007, 07:32 PM
it uses explosive shots so its probly a 3-4 sk like halo 1 and it says hardly a sniping pistol so that means no scope
Wrong. Knowing Bungie they won't make the same mistake of making a weapon that has more pros then cons than any other weapon in the game. Hopefully it will be exactly what it's supposed to be; a fall-back weapon when your main weapon is exhausted/depleted and, when dual-wielded, is twice as dangerous.

TPE
May 1st, 2007, 07:52 PM
Wrong. Knowing Bungie they won't make the same mistake of making a weapon that has more pros then cons than any other weapon in the game. Hopefully it will be exactly what it's supposed to be; a fall-back weapon when your main weapon is exhausted/depleted and, when dual-wielded, is twice as dangerous.The explosive rounds statement gives it away, the M6G will be a M6D without the scope. If i remember right the magnum did not have explosive rounds causing it to be weak.

anyway you spawn with a AR and a pistol, most will swap there pistol for a BR or sniper

IPBJT!
May 1st, 2007, 07:56 PM
uh no, you only spawn with 1 gun and most of the time it'll be the AR

Agamemnon
May 1st, 2007, 08:23 PM
The explosive rounds statement gives it away, the M6G will be a M6D without the scope. If i remember right the magnum did not have explosive rounds causing it to be weak.

anyway you spawn with a AR and a pistol, most will swap there pistol for a BR or sniper
Cut the bullshit for a second. They aren't really explosive bullets; they are shot tags with numerical values that Bungie sets them to be. If they're powerful, they'll write it off in the story department for those who wish to seek out a reason why a weapon is powerful. After all, it's Microsoft, not Bungie; they already got one thing wrong. And again, Bungie has stated numerous times that they are not bringing back the original H1 pistol. It was a mistake. Bringing back 3SK will just create more unbalanced game play.

ExAm
May 1st, 2007, 08:26 PM
The explosive rounds statement gives it away, the M6G will be a M6D without the scope. If i remember right the magnum did not have explosive rounds causing it to be weak.

anyway you spawn with a AR and a pistol, most will swap there pistol for a BR or sniperThere's clearly a scope on the top, though. The same thing that was on the original M6D, but longer.

Dole
May 1st, 2007, 08:29 PM
NOES ITS A LAZUH SITE!!1!!11 :)
And to me, they look the same size.

Champ
May 1st, 2007, 08:31 PM
As much as I hate to agree with Agamemnon, Bungie is definitely not bringing back the 3 shot pistol.

ExAm
May 1st, 2007, 08:39 PM
Cut the bullshit for a second. They aren't really explosive bullets; they are shot tags with numerical values that Bungie sets them to be. If they're powerful, they'll write it off in the story department for those who wish to seek out a reason why a weapon is powerful. After all, it's Microsoft, not Bungie; they already got one thing wrong. And again, Bungie has stated numerous times that they are not bringing back the original H1 pistol. It was a mistake. Bringing back 3SK will just create more unbalanced game play.lol y dont u luk @ teh pistles impakt fx sum tiem?? lolasplode amirite??

NOES ITS A LAZUH SITE!!1!!11 :)
And to me, they look the same size.
What's the point of a laser site if it doesn't actually do anything ingame?

Amit
May 1st, 2007, 10:00 PM
lol y dont u luk @ teh pistles impakt fx sum tiem?? lolasplode amirite??

What the fuck are you trying to say? Is this it?:

"LOL. Why don't you look at the pistol's impact effects some time? LOL, an explosion, am i right?"

Just to make it sound pretty, um did bungie say anything about the laser sight or was it in the books, i can't remember. If it was from the books, bungie doesn't care, the books are based off bungie but they played along with what the authors wrote, cept first strike that lead to the events on earth.

Random
May 1st, 2007, 10:20 PM
"LOL. Why don't you look at the pistol's impact effects some time? LOL, an explosion, am i right?"

Yes thats what he said, and he is right. Ever wonder why the pistol bullets do not bounce off the covie stationary shield things, its because they explode on impact. So like the person making the tags for it made it explode not the story department.:v

TPE
May 2nd, 2007, 12:06 AM
who knows it could be a 4 SK

but for people saying it does not have explosive rounds and no scope

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g98/TPE_NS/m6g.png

suggest you try reading.

also in halo 1 the back of the pistol was the same hight as the front. this one the back is smaller. that front thing is probably a flashlight.

Xetsuei
May 2nd, 2007, 12:07 AM

suggest you try reading.

Pistol shouldn't even be 8sk.

Dole
May 2nd, 2007, 03:50 PM
Why do they ask for your phone number when you buy batteries at Radio Shack? :iiam:

Amit
May 2nd, 2007, 04:56 PM
Why do they ask for your phone number when you buy batteries at Radio Shack? :iiam:

They do that to see if you were already in the system so they can do the receipt faster.

It's not radioshack in Canada anymore, it's the Source By Circuit City

Abdurahman
May 2nd, 2007, 05:12 PM
Well thats another mystery solved!

TIA Gangsta
May 2nd, 2007, 05:24 PM
They do that to see if you were already in the system so they can do the receipt faster.

It's not radioshack in Canada anymore, it's the Source By Circuit City

How the hell do you know this stuff?

Well, here's another mystery to solve: what does MC actually look like (and don't post that old cam-hack H1 video).

Abdurahman
May 2nd, 2007, 05:25 PM
We may never find out.. :iiam:

Well, for one thing I know he has orange/reddish hair.

Amit
May 2nd, 2007, 05:31 PM
How the hell do you know this stuff?

Well, here's another mystery to solve: what does MC actually look like (and don't post that old cam-hack H1 video).

Because my cousin works at the Source.

Agamemnon
May 2nd, 2007, 05:58 PM

suggest you try reading.

also in halo 1 the back of the pistol was the same hight as the front. this one the back is smaller. that front thing is probably a flashlight.
Are you fucking retarded? I think it's only been stated and confirmed a few billion times that:

1. The information on that site is posted by Microsoft, not Bungie
2. Frankie has confirmed that there will be no scope
3. Bungie has stated enough times that they will not return the H1 pistol it any kind of degree

And no, I'm not calling you retarded, I'm asking, so cool your jets before you get your panties in a twist.

Hurrvish
May 2nd, 2007, 06:04 PM
"explosive rounds" is the term to make kids go AWESOMESHITINEEDSOMEHACKS

its just a little minor detail that probably wont make it ingame

TPE
May 2nd, 2007, 06:59 PM
Are you fucking retarded? I think it's only been stated and confirmed a few billion times that:

1. The information on that site is posted by Microsoft, not Bungie
2. Frankie has confirmed that there will be no scope
3. Bungie has stated enough times that they will not return the H1 pistol it any kind of degree

And no, I'm not calling you retarded, I'm asking, so cool your jets before you get your panties in a twist.Actually im pretty calm.

im just saying it will not be the crapped up magnum, most likely a 5 SK in multilayer. if it is dual wield-able possibly a 7 SK. Anyway i didnt start reading the weekly updates till the brute vid doc.

how many shots does it take the magnum to kill? never really knew that :S

Agamemnon
May 2nd, 2007, 07:13 PM
You're still not getting it. They. Are. Keeping. The. Pistol. As. A. Secondary. Weapon. They're not going to spruce it up and make it a killing machine; they're going to actually use some common sense and realize that one measly pistol cannot harbor the power of a rifle. Again, explosive shots was just something they played off in the story department to fool those into believing that that was the reason why the H1 pistol was over-powered. If you want to argue case and point, then why don't the other weapons have explosive rounds as well? Seems a bit inconvenient how a fall-back weapon has the hardest-hitting projectiles, now doesn't it?

If anything, the weapon will only be a threat to others using main offense weapons when dual-wielded AND ONLY when dual-wielded.

Champ
May 2nd, 2007, 08:09 PM
Actually im pretty calm.

im just saying it will not be the crapped up magnum, most likely a 5 SK in multilayer. if it is dual wield-able possibly a 7 SK. Anyway i didnt start reading the weekly updates till the brute vid doc.

how many shots does it take the magnum to kill? never really knew that :S
Ok, so first you say it's going to be a 3 SK, then a 4sk, and now you say it's a 5sk. Are there any other numbers you want to throw out there? The pistol should definitely be able to kill in a clip (or at least 9-10 hits). But it certainly should not be anywhere near 3-5.

And the magnum in Halo 2 takes 14 head shots when they have a full shield.

ExAm
May 2nd, 2007, 09:15 PM
The pistol should definitely be able to kill in a clipYes. Otherwise it's nothing but the M6C with a useless scope on top. Serously, that thing sucked.

Also, I really think, Agamemnon, that Microsoft would at least pass that information by Bungie. Also, I don't think it's necessarily "confirmed" that it has no scope. I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't include the original smart-linked scope on the top. Even if it is a laser sight, what's the point, if it doesn't project a laser point?

thehoodedsmack
May 2nd, 2007, 09:29 PM
If they're gonna include laser sights, at the very least I should be able to shine a laser at a mirror around a corner and into a Grunt's eye. We need results, people!

Xetsuei
May 2nd, 2007, 10:05 PM
Yes. Otherwise it's nothing but the M6C with a useless scope on top. Serously, that thing sucked.

Also, I really think, Agamemnon, that Microsoft would at least pass that information by Bungie. Also, I don't think it's necessarily "confirmed" that it has no scope. I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't include the original smart-linked scope on the top. Even if it is a laser sight, what's the point, if it doesn't project a laser point?

Oh come on. Do you ever pay attention? Frankie himself said that there wouldn't be a scope on the pistol.

ExAm
May 2nd, 2007, 10:23 PM
They'd better remove the scope then. It's right there on the gun. I don't like useless crap on my guns.

Xetsuei
May 2nd, 2007, 10:41 PM
It's not a scope.

ExAm
May 3rd, 2007, 01:04 AM
Xetsueiâ„¢;57234']It's not a scope.k.

TIA Gangsta
May 3rd, 2007, 10:29 AM
It's been comfirmed in one of the leaked videos in the other thread that the M6G is duel-wieldable...which is a real downer.
It being duel-wieldable means it won't be a powerful weapon on it's own, and therefore not really similar to our old favourite, apart from appearance.

ExAm
May 3rd, 2007, 06:14 PM
It's dual, with an A.