PDA

View Full Version : The Halo 2 World Champion... goes to my school? o_O

Dole
April 30th, 2007, 06:20 PM
In homeroom this morning on the school newscast, there was an interview with some kid named John Higgins, who supposedly has held the top rank on the XBL Leaderboard for Halo 2 for the past three months, and that he's #1 on like ten songs for Guitar Hero 2.

Is this true? I saw his picture in the yearbook, and his does look like a loser, but can someone confirm that he actually finds enough time between 3:00 and 8:00 to maintain that title, and that he haunts my presence?

Emmzee
April 30th, 2007, 06:23 PM
He's obviously a total loser with no life.

Hell, he probably hasn't even kissed a girl.

Atty
April 30th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Top of the leader boards? So the fuck what. I was top of the leader boards, so was TheGhost (IIRC), and a shit load of other people in this community and Gearbox's, doesn't mean you are anything special. MLG Pro's are H2 world champs, not shitty MM kids.

We would also need his Gamertag to check. ._.

PlasbianX
April 30th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Top of the leaderboards isnt anything. I was rank 2 in survival the day after dead rising came out. Does that make me awesome? No. Now im really fucking low that ppl had the chance to catch up :>

JDMFSeanP
April 30th, 2007, 07:23 PM
I think you made this John Higgins person up.

There is a john higgins something that did the voice acting for 2401 tangent thingy guy

Second, there are no halo 2 leaderboards?

Agamemnon
April 30th, 2007, 07:26 PM
He's obviously a total loser with no life.

Hell, he probably hasn't even kissed a girl.
You haven't either.

http://www.n-philes.com/forums/images/smilies/zing.gif

Elite Killa
April 30th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Whoever made that scandral up is a fucking chimpanzee with a piece of crap sticking out of its ass and has a peanut for a brain. I'm sorry. I just had to express my feelings.

And I also bet he hasn't kissed a girl, either...

Emmzee
April 30th, 2007, 07:58 PM
You haven't either.

Ouch.

Unless you count your mother as a girl. :v

Zeph
April 30th, 2007, 08:05 PM
There have been halo 2 leaderboards recently?

Agamemnon
April 30th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Ouch.

Unless you count your mother as a girl. :v
Touche, bitch, touche.

rossmum
May 1st, 2007, 12:26 AM
You haven't either.

http://www.n-philes.com/forums/images/smilies/zing.gif
Even I have, burn Emmz. :haw:

Kornman00
May 1st, 2007, 01:04 AM
MLG Pro's are H2 world champs, not shitty MM kids.
MLG sucks. Filled with nothing but whores.

Dole
May 1st, 2007, 02:29 PM
I think you made this John Higgins person up.

There is a john higgins something that did the voice acting for 2401 tangent thingy guy

Second, there are no halo 2 leaderboards?
I'm aware of that. I tried to confirm this myself, to see if I could XBL scores or whatever, so I typed "John Higgins, Halo 2, Staten Island" but instead I got that John Michael Higgins guy and Joseph Staten. Coincidence?

Limited
May 1st, 2007, 02:45 PM
World Champ?

I'm sorry, but unless this dude has won those ACTUAL tournaments like they do in CS where they held like a thousand player tournament and the winner wins some money, if he hasnt won one of those, hes not the world champ

Kornman00
May 1st, 2007, 03:08 PM
Standby tbh

Dole
May 1st, 2007, 05:58 PM
^ If he's held it for three months, I've got no doubt he can... or will.

Con
May 1st, 2007, 06:36 PM
...on the school newscast, there was an interview with some kid named John Higgins, who supposedly has held the top rank on the XBL Leaderboard for Halo 2 for the past three months, and that he's #1 on like ten songs for Guitar Hero 2.
That's one way to get beat up.

JDMFSeanP
May 1st, 2007, 07:01 PM
If hes been #1 for three months he woulda been at Charolette MLG prolly, but he is fail so he wasn't.

rossmum
May 2nd, 2007, 02:27 AM
I love the assumption that you have to play in tournaments to even have a hope in hell of being the best. :downs:

Limited
May 2nd, 2007, 10:41 AM
I love the assumption that you have to play in tournaments to even have a hope in hell of being the best. :downs:
To claim your a world champ, you to have to play in a tournament. To be the best, you have to play the best.

Jelly
May 2nd, 2007, 10:44 AM
To claim your a world champ, you to have to play in a tournament. To be RECOGNIZED AS the best, you have to play the best.

Fixed k.

Limited
May 2nd, 2007, 10:45 AM
Fixed k.
Uh, thats what "to be the best" means. You AND others know you are the best. Thats called being recognised

Jelly
May 2nd, 2007, 10:47 AM
No. To be the best means to be better than everyone else. You can do that without playing against all the other good players.

rossmum
May 2nd, 2007, 10:51 AM
To claim your a world champ, you to have to play in a tournament. To be the best, you have to play the best.
Yeah, but you could be far and away better than the world champ and not want to be recognised. Champion does not equal best.

No. To be the best means to be better than everyone else. You can do that without playing against all the other good players.
^.

Limited
May 2nd, 2007, 10:52 AM
Yes but you play against the BEST of the other good players.

Jeez

Its like me, I'm faster than my friend jack, does that mean im the fastest guy in the world? No, I havent raced in olympics/ raced against the best runners in the world.

Champ equals the best, if some one is great then its their decision to try to be a champ. If not, they only have themselves to blame!

rossmum
May 2nd, 2007, 10:53 AM
Yeah, but that's beside the point. You don't need to play in a tournament to be the best. Being the best means you would beat everyone else, if you so desired. Some people don't.

Champions are the best of those who are in the tournament. It is entirely possible they aren't actually the best overall.

Jelly
May 2nd, 2007, 10:53 AM
Yes but you play against the BEST of the other good players.

Jeez

Its like me, I'm faster than my friend jack, does that mean im the fastest guy in the world? No, I havent raced in olympics/ raced against the best runners in the world.

You still could be, though.

Limited
May 2nd, 2007, 10:54 AM
quote=rossmum;56878]Yeah, but that's beside the point. You don't need to play in a tournament to be the best. Being the best means you would beat everyone else, if you so desired. Some people don't.[/quote]
The point is, this dude says the halo 2 world champ. Hes only top of a leader board ofr christs sake.

Still good though props to him.

Dole
May 2nd, 2007, 03:40 PM
You could still magically run 45 mph without racing Olympians. :rolleyes:

Besides, who the fuck takes pride in being the best Halo 2 player in the world?
You may as well be wearing a "kick me" sign on your ass, as far as I'm concerned.

RaVNzCRoFT
May 2nd, 2007, 03:44 PM
We should help this guy out. Send him an overdose of Lunesta or something. You know, to mark the occasion.