PDA

View Full Version : What will YOU do when you get H2V in your hands

Syuusuke
April 30th, 2007, 06:27 PM
...after you install...I don't want to know what you do to the package and the CD...It's bold for a reason
Gameplay wise, what will you first do when you get H2V?

Me? I'll probably play a bit online first, that's if there ARE people that I want to play with are there...then be all alone exploring maps (especially District and Uplift with a Rocket, blowing myself up to some places.) After I get bored, I'll just go start playing the MC part of the Campaign...
That's what I'll do, probably...what about you?

Roostervier
April 30th, 2007, 06:31 PM
I'm going to start work on a Halo 3 Biped mod using Jean-Luc's bump map, while I am making a diffuse and specular. After that, if L33T has remade the backpack mod, I will ask him permission to use it with my H3 Mod, if not, I will do it myself. Then, I will model some and maybe help get some CMT weapons in game or something =p. Then, anything else with modding it, just looking at all the tools and playing around with effects to my liking, etc.

Hurrvish
April 30th, 2007, 06:32 PM
multiplayer

oh, and good choice with not wanting to know what we do with our packages ;)

{MMT} Pope
April 30th, 2007, 06:41 PM
ill first checkout what the new hek has to offer, and hopfully a new hek+ is made for halo 2 vista. Multiplayer wise..Ill start playing on probly on servers that have the new maps district, and/or uplift. Or since H2V comes with a custom gametype thingy ill make a basketball map, and make a basketball gametype.

Bossniak
April 30th, 2007, 07:03 PM
I'll find you in a server and just kick your ass. :hyper:

shade45
April 30th, 2007, 07:16 PM
I'm going straight for the map editor

Snowy
April 30th, 2007, 07:18 PM
I'll probably go into an empty lan server, adjust my settings, look around the maps, hop into campaign for a few hours, then play some multiplayer.

Elite Killa
April 30th, 2007, 07:21 PM
I'll just make maps 'n shit. I'll try to make a new wep when I fully understand how to with the H2V engine.

bfett9
April 30th, 2007, 07:22 PM
I'll check out some multilayer action for a couple of days. then i start working on the campaign mode, and try to get all the achievements and unlock the rewards. I can honestly say i have not played halo 2 campaign at all. i know i waited freakin three and half years!!!!:mad::p;)

InnerGoat
April 30th, 2007, 07:30 PM
I'll find you in a server and just kick your ass. :hyper:ibyougetbanned

:D

Honestly though, i'll hunt you guys down like killer will. :p

Syuusuke
April 30th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Nuuuu

Elite Killa
April 30th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Please don't hunt me down!!! I've been a good boy! I've been a good boy! I'VE BEEN A GOOD BOY!!!!!!!

Any hoo...

I want to try out the new maps (District and Uplift) before going into map editing. I just wish that no one could modify any maps in any sort of way (seriously, do we need 1,000,000 more Coagulations and Lockouts?)

Roostervier
April 30th, 2007, 08:52 PM
No, we don't, but I, for one, am grateful for the fact that they are including all of the textures and shaders for those maps. It will be good to have that content premade and already there.

BobtheGreatII
April 30th, 2007, 10:19 PM
I'm going straight for the map editor
Yea, I think I'll start by throwing Blood Gulch or Death Island in.

DaneO'Roo
April 30th, 2007, 11:02 PM
I'm going to start work on a Halo 3 Biped mod using Jean-Luc's bump map, while I am making a diffuse and specular. After that, if L33T has remade the backpack mod, I will ask him permission to use it with my H3 Mod, if not, I will do it myself. Then, I will model some and maybe help get some CMT weapons in game or something =p. Then, anything else with modding it, just looking at all the tools and playing around with effects to my liking, etc.

lol, seriously.....nah i shouldn't spill, but yeah, your mod will get grossly overshadowed, I suggest going for a different mod direction. Well, I spose it will help you learn, just don't expect everyone to go nuts over it, is all.

Yea, I think I'll start by throwing Blood Gulch or Death Island in.

urggh, instead of throwing them in, choose maps like Chill Out and Sidewinder, and refine them to look awesome.

me, I'll first of all, adjust settings in an empty lan server, test out a bunch of the mutliplayer maps, studying the improvements, then I'll get off that and play campaign, and when thats done, HEK it all the way and get Retina in game. :D

Though, when I first get the game case in my hands, I'll most likely pee a little.

Teroh
April 30th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Add people to Live, play some singleplayer until I get stuck, then go to multiplayer, go back to singleplayer, beat it, go back to multiplayer.
Thats how I am with games.

Iggwilv
May 1st, 2007, 12:45 PM
I'm going to use Tray & Play and jump right into the campaign since I have been waiting two years for it. After completing the campaign I will begin getting my butt kicked learning the maps online.

Hurrvish
May 1st, 2007, 03:31 PM
campaign will be too easy with keyboard and mouse

so ill go to multiplayer :D

then fool around with the map editor >_>

Amit
May 1st, 2007, 05:16 PM
Add people to Live, play some singleplayer until I get stuck, then go to multiplayer, go back to singleplayer, beat it, go back to multiplayer.
Thats how I am with games.

I'm going to use Tray & Play and jump right into the campaign since I have been waiting two years for it. After completing the campaign I will begin getting my butt kicked learning the maps online.

Wow, these are the only two people i can relate to. Instead of diving head first into the hell filled world on Live, I'm going to play campaign NON-STOP. It's just to get a good feel of how the game mechanics are set and getting used to Dual-Wielding. It's gonna be harder to dual-wield without a controller. Who knows it may even be easier. When I complete the Campaign in 1-2 days, I will jump online for a few days and then look over the HEK2 and see what I need to do to start over fresh.

As for the box, i expect that it will be KICK YOUR MOTHER IN THE FACE AWSOME. Sorry about that. I will preserve my box in Holy goodness.

IN THE NAME OF THE ARK MY BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ejburke
May 1st, 2007, 06:00 PM
I'm heading straight for Guerilla to see what is and isn't possible.

Sunray
May 1st, 2007, 06:08 PM
As I don't own an xbox, and have not actually played the campaign in chronological order (all the levels, just at various people's houses on co-op), I will play the whole campaign once through on heroic, then legendary. Then I will see how the map editor is and grab a few tutorials and start work. (I will be getting it about 1 month after release. I am sure there will be tutorials by then)

Mr Buckshot
May 1st, 2007, 06:42 PM
I'll start a new campaign game on Legendary. I kind of miss it, since I sold Halo 2 with my old Xbox last summer, and I'd like to play it again.

Then after beating the game, I'm going to some matches on Headlong, Zanzibar, and the new maps, including those nine from the map pack that I never got to buy.

DaneO'Roo
May 1st, 2007, 06:49 PM
I'm heading straight for Guerilla to see what is and isn't possible.

and then you get Portent-X ingame and post sexy pictures :)

Syuusuke
May 1st, 2007, 06:59 PM
I actually wanted to play Zanzibar and Headlong on the multiplayer.

someone
May 2nd, 2007, 02:22 AM
I'll complete the whole campaign on normal and Heroic(I'll save legendary for later). And then I'm going to play some maps on multiplayer.

mR_r0b0to
May 2nd, 2007, 04:30 AM
squeal like a little japanese schoolgirl.

cls
May 2nd, 2007, 06:25 AM
Stand on peoples heads when their afk.
Play the campaign on Normal then work my way up.
Download what ever version of Wartorn Cove is made for it, since it was the first multi-player map I played in Halo, ever.

DsurioN
May 2nd, 2007, 03:10 PM
Kiss it.

Limited
May 2nd, 2007, 04:15 PM
Load up a lan server, zanzibar with vehicles.

Hump the ghost and the hog then open gate, drive hog into the base inside the building with the gate and blow it up.

Patrickssj6
May 2nd, 2007, 04:20 PM
Memory Hack it...DOH!

Techno Dude
May 2nd, 2007, 04:32 PM
hmm, i'll enjoy a social life before i play it
eh, i'll wait 3days after i buy it not too heavy in gaming

Syuusuke
May 2nd, 2007, 05:28 PM
And give me your h4x right?

Stealth
May 2nd, 2007, 05:50 PM
What will YOU do when you get H2V in your hands?
I'll pay for it, buy me a soda, take it home, hide it in my room, and then go to work for a few hours..

When are you going to install H2V?
2 or 3 weeks after I get H2V, around the time I get over $300.00 saved up to buy windows Vista, not the basic.

What are you going to do after/while you install H2V?
If I might play SP for a few hours, until I need to go to work, unless I'm just letting it install while I'm at work, then I'll play it until mid-night.

bleach
May 2nd, 2007, 11:41 PM
What will YOU do when you get H2V in your hands?
well, i'm probably gonna look at it, hide it in my room, and treasure it.

When are you going to install H2V?
probably one to two weeks and a half later after school ends.

What are you going to do after/while you install H2V?
While installing: I'm going to relax and cherish the moment.
Installed: i'm going to play Live (Silver Account), then maybe a little campaign, after when i get stuck (which i doubt, my friends say Halo 2 was easier than Halo) or when I'm bored, I'll see if i can make a map.

Varmint260
May 3rd, 2007, 09:35 AM
When I buy Halo 2 Vista, if I can't wait for my new notebook, then I shall frame the box and put it on the wall and gaze fondly at it.

I'll install it the second I have both it and Vista. I'll probably Tray'n'Play it and go straight through the campaign on Normal (just to check it out), then when I have more free time, I'll go up a difficulty level. When I've had my fill of the campaign, I shall go online and get my arse kicked. But I HAVE to go through the campaign at least once, since my only experience with the H2 campaign is that bit of co-op I have played with my one buddy who brings it over when he has time (and when I'm whiny enough ;) ). Need to get used to the new game dynamics that are not in Halo 1.

It's hilarious, my buddy and I always played H2 campaign on Easy or Normal because I am so bad with a controller, it's hilarious. Once I forgot the one button that bails you out of the banshee on one of those levels, and as I was falling, my buddy hit me with his banshee... another time I got killed by a grunt because I was too busy experimenting with the controls. You get the idea...

As for right now, I shall curse FutureShop for having been sold out of the notebook I wanted for a week and hope that they'll have something worth buying in a few months' time (seriously, why do 90% of their notebooks have Inel GMA 950s in them???)...

Con
May 3rd, 2007, 10:23 AM
Well, first I'm gonna crank up the settings, then I'm gonna go play the SP campaign.

Syuusuke
May 3rd, 2007, 08:33 PM
Then somehow I'll connect myself to your computer and play Co-OP

*wakes up from dream*

I wonder how far you can crank you settings up

Amit
May 3rd, 2007, 09:44 PM
I hope they have MUCH MORE advanced graphics settings then Halo PC, I'm sure they will it's just i hate playing Halo with a powerful card and i can't even enable Antialiasing and Anisotropic Filtering.

As I don't own an xbox, and have not actually played the campaign in chronological order (all the levels, just at various people's houses on co-op), I will play the whole campaign once through on heroic, then legendary. Then I will see how the map editor is and grab a few tutorials and start work. (I will be getting it about 1 month after release. I am sure there will be tutorials by then)

That is pretty much my case also. Check the Specs and get to work. Man i really wish ATi would hurry up and show some updated info bout their new cards.

p0lar_bear
May 3rd, 2007, 11:06 PM
When I get H2V in my hands...

I will wake up.

:(

Abdurahman
May 3rd, 2007, 11:39 PM
I will start playing single player, and beat the whole game on easy.
Because I don't have an xbox( I made the worst mistake in my life 6 years ago to get a PS2-Piece-O-Crap over an Xbox cause my friend had a Ps2-Piece-O-Crap)
And I know this is shameful, but I have never played Halo 2 in my life. Ever. Even though it's one of my favorite games, I have never played it one second in my life.

Well that is the story of my life. Flame on.

bleach
May 4th, 2007, 12:26 AM
will anyone discard the packaging and info stuff?
i know i won't. I just save those things from games for some reason that i can't think off...=3 :3 =3 :-3

Syuusuke
May 4th, 2007, 04:09 PM
I will start playing single player, and beat the whole game on easy.
Because I don't have an xbox( I made the worst mistake in my life 6 years ago to get a PS2-Piece-O-Crap over an Xbox cause my friend had a Ps2-Piece-O-Crap)
And I know this is shameful, but I have never played Halo 2 in my life. Ever. Even though it's one of my favorite games, I have never played it one second in my life.

Well that is the story of my life. Flame on.

There's nothing to flame though =P

I'm pretty much in the same shoes as you, except for the PS2 aspect, I bought a computer =P

Abdurahman
May 4th, 2007, 04:40 PM
well after I did that mistake, I went and got myself a pretty good computer too : )

Stealth
May 4th, 2007, 05:35 PM
PS,
KMqvQI304HU
Back on topic, I'm going to try to save up some money so I can get H2V, I' haven't picked up my pay check yet, so I'll get $70 out of that and save $65 of it for H2V.

Digikid
May 4th, 2007, 06:40 PM
LMAO!!!!!!!! Best. Video. EVER.

Amit
May 4th, 2007, 06:45 PM
THat was freakin halarious when the marine shouted "Oh God, OH GOD!" and when sarge said "Someone get it off." poor bastards.

Varmint260
May 7th, 2007, 08:20 PM
The PS2 must be really eeeevil... hell, I have had plenty of fun with mine... got it the day GTA Vice City came out and I use it to play Final Fantasy VII. Plus, it was the only DVD player my family had until a couple months ago, ain't that sad? And I KNOW, the XBox can do almost all of that. Except FF7... besides, I have yet to see a console that gives me the same amount of fun that the N64 did... ahh, good times...

In any case, that video is one of those with the stamp EPIC WIN on it. Excellent find, thar!

Anyways, back on topic... beating the whole game on easy might be a good thing to start off with. After all, if I start on a difficult setting, I'd probably get pwned while I watch the pretty better-than-HaloCE graphics... yeah, I think I will start on easy. Then pwn on a harder setting. Yup, that's a good plan.

Neuro Guro
May 8th, 2007, 04:23 PM
First thing: Splooge

Digikid
May 8th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Splooge????

Neuro Guro
May 8th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Splooge????

Everywhere

Digikid
May 8th, 2007, 04:48 PM
what does Splooge mean?

Lightning
May 8th, 2007, 04:52 PM

Neuro Guro
May 8th, 2007, 04:56 PM
http://www.dianasbakery.com/img%5Cgallery%5Cpies%5Cpie.jpg (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=splooge)

Neuro Guro
May 8th, 2007, 05:01 PM
http://www.redraggallery.co.uk/library/inventory/Cobley_Milk.jpg (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sploobed)

Metkil5685
May 8th, 2007, 05:12 PM
I will do nothing, because it would crash as soon as it boots.

Ok, if I could play it, go online and play the new maps.

Digikid
May 8th, 2007, 05:26 PM
so I take it that it means to spill milk?

Lightning
May 8th, 2007, 06:46 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splooge

=x

leorimolo
May 8th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Shit wrong thread. SRRY!

Lightning
May 8th, 2007, 06:57 PM
...no?

leorimolo
May 8th, 2007, 06:59 PM
read before you start crying saying its fake

klange
May 8th, 2007, 07:02 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splooge

=x
I love how it just redirects straight to *cough*, no page of its own or anything. Actually, I'm amazed it's on Wiki at all...

It's been delayed. Period. Whether it's an official delay or not doesn't matter, it's not coming out today. Maybe tomorrow, maybe Thursday, probably the 22nd, it doesn't matter.

Not. Today.

Neuro Guro
May 8th, 2007, 07:04 PM
:haw:

Syuusuke
May 8th, 2007, 07:11 PM
>.>

Slayer George
May 8th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Play campaign and get some achievements. Then once my friend gets his copy, it'll be online together working towards the online achievements.

Digikid
May 9th, 2007, 05:32 AM
ooooookkkkkkk..............that is just wrong dude. :s

Snaver
May 9th, 2007, 07:44 AM
What will YOU do when you get H2V in your hands

:(

Xehsin
May 9th, 2007, 08:12 AM
I'll use that Tray n Play thingy too, but first im going to explore the 2 new maps throughly and think of any cool plans. Then i'll go join a dedicated servers and uber pwn. :cool:

Heh, Halo 2 Vista is coming out today in Canada!

leorimolo
May 9th, 2007, 09:25 AM
uhm... no, its been changed to the 22nd

Digikid
May 9th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Xehsin.....sorry but that is wrong. I am in Ontario as well and we will not be getting it until the 22nd.

xExus
May 9th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Probably getting used to the new stuff/keyboard n mouse.
Then maybe try Cairo Station for warm up. Then I'm gonna head right into the multiplayer!

And yes, I'm new.

Digikid
May 9th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Welcome. :)

Ki11a_FTW
May 9th, 2007, 06:49 PM
wen i first get in im going to cry in joy and play it all night until the next day

Neuro Guro
May 9th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Heh, Halo 2 Vista is coming out today in Canada!

You dont S'eh?

klange
May 9th, 2007, 07:46 PM
I will do everything in my power to get it running on my laptop.
And after that, I'll do everything humanly possible to get it running through Wine on Linux - so many DLLs to copy... So little time...

Snaver
May 9th, 2007, 08:30 PM
lol?

flibitijibibo
May 9th, 2007, 08:46 PM
1. Hold the game in my arms in a corner whimpering "omgomgomgomgomg" for about 12 hours.
2. Zip through campaign.
3. Play the 2 news maps once.
4. Go nuts with the editor for many weeks at a time.

p0lar_bear
May 9th, 2007, 09:06 PM
I'll do everything humanly possible to get it running through Wine on Linux

I'm pretty sure that's not possible. Wine can't even run most XP games because of DirectX, you expect it to run a game that doesn't even run on XP?

:fail:

Digikid
May 9th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Have some faith. :D

It WILL be hacked.

Halo2Vista
May 9th, 2007, 10:37 PM
well i'll seriously get the map editor going and make a few dozen maps then do campaign (i honestly have never played halo 2 campaign for xbox) and finally see if gfw-live is up and working.

klange
May 10th, 2007, 02:22 PM
I'm pretty sure that's not possible. Wine can't even run most XP games because of DirectX, you expect it to run a game that doesn't even run on XP?

:fail:
Ok, mister non-believer, I'll use Cadega >_>

Stupid subscription service completely defeats my purpose...

Also, Wine and other related programs were designed almost specifically for emulating DirectX, and you can play Halo through wine if you do things properly.

Agamemnon
May 10th, 2007, 02:27 PM
LOLZ GUYSES! WE KAN HAX IT! WE KAN PLAE H2V ON LINUCKS AND ON EXPEE LAWEL CUZ WE ALL KNOW WINDOWS LIVE WONT HAFF A VISTA-AUTHENTICATION DETECTION SYSTEM LAWEL! I AM SO SMART! S-M-R-T!

And to the fucking idiots who actually believe that:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Agamemnon582bc/Guessing/hugegonk.gif

klange
May 10th, 2007, 03:35 PM
LOLZ GUYSES! WE KAN HAX IT! WE KAN PLAE H2V ON LINUCKS AND ON EXPEE LAWEL CUZ WE ALL KNOW WINDOWS LIVE WONT HAFF A VISTA-AUTHENTICATION DETECTION SYSTEM LAWEL! I AM SO SMART! S-M-R-T!

And to the fucking idiots who actually believe that:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Agamemnon582bc/Guessing/hugegonk.gif
Did I ever mention anything about playing online in the least bit?
Actually, I wouldn't really care, it's more the part of getting it to run on something other than Vista, not the actual capabilities after getting that far.

Agamemnon
May 10th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Great, so you'll have H2V single player. I heard there's LOTS of new stuff in single player.

p0lar_bear
May 10th, 2007, 05:32 PM
When I get Halo 2 Vista in my hands...

I will burn it. Without paying for it. :D

Syuusuke
May 10th, 2007, 05:41 PM
You bastard, you're somewhat lucky that you work in Target (I think)

Grr...and you mean burn it as an, making an image? Literally burning it without paying it is just a waste...and would officially make you a hater!!

=P

*Psst get me one and ship it to me via overnight mail*

p0lar_bear
May 10th, 2007, 05:54 PM
No, I mean burn as in with fire. Turn it to ashes. It's not worth my money or the effort to upgrade anymore.

http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2226&page=5

4RT1LL3RY
May 10th, 2007, 09:29 PM
I'm gald the CompUSA near my house went out of bussiness, 1/2 price baby. To bad I got Office 2007 instead, oh well, oh and never buy computer parts from CompUSA, it sucks bad, blank DVDs and software is the only decent non-accessory stuff they sell.

Echo 418
May 12th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Hum...

1. I set my gametypes
2. Play halo 2 campain in normal for the first time in my life :DFor 1 hour or downer
3. Play multiplayer if anyone make a server
4. Practise my target with h2 sniper.Caution... i can make super things with snipershttp://i14.servimg.com/u/f14/11/11/17/18/score_10.jpg:D
5. Have fun in the maps
6. See and explore the maps editor

Thats all :XD:

MissnL1nK
May 13th, 2007, 01:58 AM
1. Install
2. Look for competitive ladders
3. Start competing

That is all.

Terin
May 16th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Campaign. Only have played bits and pieces at my friend's house, so I never really got a full view of the campaign. Then Live.