PDA

View Full Version : [APP] AI in MP Spawner

Shock120
May 13th, 2010, 03:33 AM
Videos

iUvTgX3lnI8

Turf, spawns AI elites, you can make them board your ghost, and it'll shoot.
This will work as normal thanks to the [mulg], I believe the elite is on the Green Team.

t9R1W7ouA0c

Outskirts/03a_oldmombasa, spawns Hunters from killing Grunts.

4n-q6Vu7op4

Download links

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UCG0CIU2 (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UCG0CIU2)

Note: AI is not sync, it is the object. The AI from the host determines how the object moves, which sometimes gives the impression of AI sync.

Don't be thinking this is "true co-op", it isn't, this is a memory editing method of spawning AI.

F7 key is to enable/disable AI

This program will only spawn AI on Turf and Outskirts, the rest must be editing from a biped's death spawn.

Problem with this SP map, the AI will only work on SP engine (bipd enum?), too much will cause a crash (program error?).
when enabling the AI to be enemies, you gotta remember to respawn allies, by quickly setting on MP engine, then back again.

Enjoy.

Program made by PingoCE and Shock120. :D

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2285/impossiblecly.jpg
see ya next time!

The above image has no relevance to this topic, more of a greeting image.

Inferno
May 13th, 2010, 08:00 PM
I see no real practical uses for this but hey, It's a step in the right direction!

ThePlague
May 13th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Dude that's awesome!

Resinball
May 13th, 2010, 11:10 PM
My post was eaten. By what, I dunno. I said something about how the AI is cool and all but pretty limited last you showed me.

Props on releasing something interesting. If only it was in MP.

supersniper
May 13th, 2010, 11:39 PM
you can spawn bipeds in MP but attaching an AI to them is not possible as of right now :/

Shock120
May 14th, 2010, 01:28 AM
well I did the best of what we have "currently" (which is Campaign and Turf).
AI sure is fun, when they've got more information on how to act and kill.

I still believe H2V has the same (and more) potential as H2X did.

supersniper
May 15th, 2010, 10:44 AM
it does it's just limited right now. but we'll get there. it's not like heck+ was created 4 days after hce was released...
also... is it possible to rip the bipeds of the flood juggernaut give them some death animations, then patch them back in the map or no?

Resinball
May 15th, 2010, 04:39 PM
If so, whats the difference between injection and patching?

supersniper
May 15th, 2010, 10:15 PM
well that's the thing, i haven't tinkered with the .map files and idk what they are capable of doing.

Shock120
May 16th, 2010, 04:47 AM
well that's the thing, i haven't tinkered with the .map files and idk what they are capable of doing.
5HptMIgQN_k

@ K_A
patches were a format in which we could share our mods, while it was suposedly "illegal" to host full map files.

all patches were made for maps we had available for H2X, there was no custom maps.

sppf performed a byte by byte check, this is most compatible with H2V maps.

Resinball
May 16th, 2010, 11:06 PM
I knew that (about the legals issues and what not)...except the part about sppf working with H2v, for some reason I thought it was only H2x compatible.

What are the limitations?

Shock120
May 17th, 2010, 03:09 AM
limitations are, not being able to produce mods at the same caliber of H2X or better.

Many tags remain missing, for H2EK. basically H2EK was designed to "prevent" users from creating better maps. shared.map is pointless as a memory cache map, I'd prefer to have sp_shared as the only map needed.

If you looked at sp_shared.map in folder view in entity, you will see which folders are missing in h2ek tags.

_______
Edit.

sppf patching program is used, but since you're only creating custom maps, this is unnecessary.
patches only exist to add modifications to currently existing maps.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Resinball
May 17th, 2010, 05:45 AM
Yeah I hear that. I've been recreating as many missing tags as possible. Should make it easier for someone who wants to spend less time on making textures and testing shaders.

So do you create one the sppf files for H2v with Entity and then test or what?

supersniper
May 17th, 2010, 02:21 PM
no you create it sppf patch with the sppf program (super PPF o Matic) basically.

Resinball
May 17th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Okay, I just wanted to make sure I'm doing it the correct way.

TY